Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Absurd Revolver posted:

So far my reads are all town. People not participating in either events or discussion are going to be the first on my list, too many good games have been destroyed by rampant lurking lately.

Jimson is definitely town though, with an opening move like that.

Kash is pinging me just the smallest bit I guess?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Why do you think you're better than other people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Why do you think you're better than other people?

it's because i was born with a silver dong in my mouth

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote MMM

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

Jimson is trying to actually play mafia and getting poo poo for it. This is a hosed up world we live in.

Kashuno posted:

##vote MMM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think MMM is being strange and overly defensive.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Absurd Revolver posted:

So far my reads are all town. People not participating in either events or discussion are going to be the first on my list, too many good games have been destroyed by rampant lurking lately.

I'm thinking this way, too. SSV is in Australia, right? So far he's only made two posts, and none after the game's start.

Also conspicuously silent are Meinberg and AnonymousNarcotics.

All three have fewer posts than Jimson, but Jimson, as we all can agree, is playing.

You all want to join us?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I think MMM is being strange and overly defensive.

I recognize the :ironycat: of this, but aside from this post literally defending myself, where have I been defensive? How could I even be defensive before you voted for me?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm thinking this way, too. SSV is in Australia, right? So far he's only made two posts, and none after the game's start.

All three have fewer posts than Jimson, but Jimson, as we all can agree, is playing.

You all want to join us?

I agree with the premise, In this game about a bunch of racist Virginians, I think it's very appropriate to pull an Eccogambit. That said, give them a bit of time actually lurk first, we've yet to reach 24 hours even.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Nth Doctor posted:

You all want to join us?

It was quiet before I went to bed last night, and I didn't have anything to contribute. And it's been a busy morning thus far. It takes a little bit to warm up the old mafia engines. Now that I have consumed calories and caffeine, let me see what sort of scum I can find.

Kashuno posted:

Nah like day events are cool but there becomes an issue when there is no actual Mafia happening and people are too focused on the gimmick

This post really pinged me, because discussion around the events can be a great way of finding scum, though there's no hard and fast metrics involved. It's about tone and engagement and honesty, not with the event itself, but with the discussion around it. This post here reads as an attempt to shut down the main source of conversation at the moment, leaving us with less meaty material to work with.

I don't care for it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just don't know how much we can get out of discussing the event today. We have no idea what it will contribute to scum or town, and there's no real decision to be made beside do it or don't, so what exactly do you want to discuss about it?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Okay fine what ever.

Ahem

Lmfso mmmwhacthagay wutd u have 2 do to get scum role? I wanted scum role and mod said HEY SHITLORD NO ROLE rewuestss then J did a totally sweet kickflip. Hahahaha

##vote mmm

👌

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Jimson is the only person who I'd even give half a poo poo to read right now and my read there isn't strong

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

My opinion of Jimson is that he's town but also that's a garbage angle he's working

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I just wanted to bring this back because the narrative here is strong. I particularly like the twist of "We have nothing to work with on this day, day one"

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah I totally get what you're saying but the same thing can be applied to Jimson's first attack being on somebody who is putting effort in because they were putting effort in. Those are both bad lines of attack.

For the record I don't think jimson is scum, just that this is silly.

this is all really defensive and hedgy on jimson and feels like it is trying to throw shade while also calling him town so MMM can just back up onto it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

Okay fine what ever.

Ahem

Lmfso mmmwhacthagay wutd u have 2 do to get scum role? I wanted scum role and mod said HEY SHITLORD NO ROLE rewuestss then J did a totally sweet kickflip. Hahahaha

##vote mmm

👌

nice we lost jimson already

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

Okay fine what ever.

Ahem

##vote mmm

👌

What happened to Jimson. Come back buddy. You were doing so well.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Jimson posted:

Okay fine what ever.

Ahem

##vote mmm

👌

I don't get this gambit.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I am 4 srs roffling here about scum mmmmmmmmmwhatchagay legit provimg all of my stuffs right and then everyone like NOOOOoooooooOOOOOooo ee just wanna play

The words I saids was looks at and consider not instantly vote for. I mean like I get it its p intimidating when I actually play and people get scared but its okay :) I promise I'm here for town and the power of good 👌

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Good morning all! I wasn't lurking, I was sleeping :)

Is jimson having a stroke?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Meinberg posted:

I don't get this gambit.

The basic principle of the Jimson Gambitu™ is that people get squirrelly if you pretend to know they are already scum and then pressure them on that hidden "knowledge" you have. In execution it's a way for me to make it obvious I am poo poo posting/harassing someone.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Good morning all! I wasn't lurking, I was sleeping :)

Is jimson having a stroke?

I think the complaints about him actually playing the game broke him a bit.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jimson posted:

I am 4 srs roffling here about scum mmmmmmmmmwhatchagay legit provimg all of my stuffs right and then everyone like NOOOOoooooooOOOOOooo ee just wanna play

The words I saids was looks at and consider not instantly vote for. I mean like I get it its p intimidating when I actually play and people get scared but its okay :) I promise I'm here for town and the power of good 👌

Someone pls translate.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

this is all really defensive and hedgy on jimson and feels like it is trying to throw shade while also calling him town so MMM can just back up onto it.

I think I've been pretty clear in saying Jimson is town and also their argument is bad.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:chanpop:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think I've been pretty clear in saying Jimson is town and also their argument is bad.

"Wow so town but LOOK AT THIS GARBAGE but so town BUT LET'S LOOK AT THIS NARRATIVE but so town amirite fam"

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
oh jimson no, please come back to us :(

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

tpink posted:

Someone pls translate.

"It's so funny that after I made my point which was true and just, MMM got all caremad and is scum, but everybody else continued to be idiots. Also I never said to vote for Revolver, I was just asking questions. anyway I'm great."

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

"Wow so town but LOOK AT THIS GARBAGE but so town BUT LET'S LOOK AT THIS NARRATIVE but so town amirite fam"

Hey Kash do you know defensive means?

Also, you can argue with somebody in mafia without thinking they're scum, this isn't new.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey Kash do you know defensive means?

Also, you can argue with somebody in mafia without thinking they're scum, this isn't new.

you aren't arguing with him you're just stating things.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like you're pretty concerned for someone with 1 vote on them in d1.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

tpink posted:

Someone pls translate.

Mmm whatchasay is scum. They are acting like scum, and playing like scum because they are scum.

We have a possible argument on the field that being HEY GUYS LETS PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TAKING PART IN THE LITTLE META-GAME BECAUSE SCUM PLAYERS ARE REALLY GOING TO BE INCENSED TO DO GOOD AT IT. To which he replied that is a dumb argument Jimson is a big ol dumby BUT I SERIOUSLY BELIEVE HE IS TOWN. The only people who would try and dismantle an attempt at scum hunting AND STILL ASSUME that the person who made the argument is town is someone that has something to gain by engendering themselves to town and that means they are...

for anyone not sure it means they are scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

Mmm whatchasay is scum. They are acting like scum, and playing like scum because they are scum.

We have a possible argument on the field that being HEY GUYS LETS PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TAKING PART IN THE LITTLE META-GAME BECAUSE SCUM PLAYERS ARE REALLY GOING TO BE INCENSED TO DO GOOD AT IT. To which he replied that is a dumb argument Jimson is a big ol dumby BUT I SERIOUSLY BELIEVE HE IS TOWN. The only people who would try and dismantle an attempt at scum hunting AND STILL ASSUME that the person who made the argument is town is someone that has something to gain by engendering themselves to town and that means they are...

:yeah:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

you aren't arguing with him you're just stating things.

You can argue with somebody using statements. I'm doing it in this very post.

Ok but for real, let's pull out of this semantic nose dive. I understand what you were saying with the defensive point before, but I think you're misreading my intentions wrt Jimson.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Jimson posted:

He's my thing, doing well isn't something that matters with this event, just doing it does. So how would we gauge how hard someone is trying at it relating to their scumminess?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
MMM, what's getting me is the questions, especially the repetition. It strikes me as the kind of needling questions that scum use to brand people on day one while maintaining an excuse of "joke phase", then jumping on the reaction.

Let me ask you something, why does your concern for Jimson and his town status seem insincere? Why did you jump to his defense so early and often?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You can argue with somebody using statements. I'm doing it in this very post.

Ok but for real, let's pull out of this semantic nose dive. I understand what you were saying with the defensive point before, but I think you're misreading my intentions wrt Jimson.

*semantics nosedive* "nah lets not do this"

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i will never be able to play mafia with any of you without imagining your rap voices while reading every post you make

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

Let me ask you something, why does your concern for Jimson and his town status seem insincere? Why did you jump to his defense so early and often?

These are all very good and reasonable questions that seriously arn't asking toooooOoooOOooOoo much but the one question I want him to answer is why he feels so strongly that I am town.

Answer that question as if I was someone else.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ar, are you, how you say, SCUM?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it says dongsbot posted but I can't see it :ohdear:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Absurd Revolver posted:

i will never be able to play mafia with any of you without imagining your rap voices while reading every post you make

Agreed. And I was actually pretty impressed with everyone's renditions. Also look forward to Asiina's version blowing everyone away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

it says dongsbot posted but I can't see it :ohdear:

You didn't block dongsbot, did you? Because God help you if you did.

• Locked thread