Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man it hard to see what the sales are due to all the banners on the frontpage being replaced by the dumb Comixology Unlimited spam. I know there is a sales page, but sometimes don't update the page for a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It also has the hilerious side effect of allowing UK people to get Viz Manga (currenly Kindle only in the UK because fun if we can ever just go in a straight line on these matters) on their Comixology account.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 31, 2016

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
So a lot of the N52 runs are on sale ahead of the upcoming relaunch.

I've read most of Snyder's Batman run. Anything else worth looking at?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman #32-40 (Geoff Johns/JRjr run till 'Truth')
Green Arrow #17-34 (Jeff Lemire's run) <-- HIGHLY recommended.

Green Lantern #0, if you're about to pick up Green Lanterns Rebirth #1 this week. It's Simon Baz's backstory.

Batman, Superman, GL and Green Arrow and the Rebirth titles coming out tomorrow. I assume we'll get a new lot every week.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jun 1, 2016

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

ConanThe3rd posted:

It also has the hilerious side effect of allowing UK people to get Viz Manga (currenly Kindle only in the UK because fun if we can ever just go in a straight line on these matters) on their Comixology account.

Yeah, that's how I managed to get One Punch Man and Dragonball here in New Zealand.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

No Injustice this week, and writer Brian Buccellato doesn't know why.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

Superman #32-40 (Geoff Johns/JRjr run till 'Truth')
Green Arrow #17-34 (Jeff Lemire's run) <-- HIGHLY recommended.

Green Lantern #0, if you're about to pick up Green Lanterns Rebirth #1 this week. It's Simon Baz's backstory.

Superman, GL and Green Arrow and the Rebirth titles coming out tomorrow. I assume we'll get a new lot every week.

Thanks.

Think I'll check out the Green Arrow stuff.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

One punch man is really good if you haven't bought it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Am I crazy or have Comixology dropped the pre-order list from the front page?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The bottom of the homepage of the browser version used to be a list of upcoming titles you could pre-order or add to your subscription list. It's not there anymore. Which seems pretty dumb.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Ghostbusters Bundle.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/ghostbusters-comics-bundle

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

These look pretty good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
How often does Comixology give out discount codes?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Very, very rarely.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Comixology sales seem to be a regular thing, would I be wrong if I were to assume there would be some pretty good sales when SDCC comes and a Suicide Squad sale when the movie drops?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Comixology sales seem to be a regular thing, would I be wrong if I were to assume there would be some pretty good sales when SDCC comes and a Suicide Squad sale when the movie drops?

DC has been awful when it comes to putting comics on sale that tie in with movies

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

The "Black Death In America" story from Vertigo's CMYK quarterly is free on Comixology and amazing. Tom King and John Paul Leon. Get on it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I got the Ghostbusters Humble Bundle. I saw that they recommended Moon+Reader for them. What's the Goon-approved comics reader for Android?

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

DC has been awful when it comes to putting comics on sale that tie in with movies

DC is just really hit and miss period. Like for the flash TV show coming back, they had a massive flash sale, like all of v2 and more, and the Batman/Superman anniversary sale was practically all the issues comixology had up for 99 cents.

The batman versus superman sale? Like 30 issues of silver age world's finest and that's it.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I got the Ghostbusters Humble Bundle. I saw that they recommended Moon+Reader for them. What's the Goon-approved comics reader for Android?

Perfect Viewer

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah its the publisher and how switched on they are. So dc not so much.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've yet to find one I really like. They all pissed my off in different ways. I think I've switched to reading the PDF files in whatever PDF reader I have installed at the time.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Why are you downloading the pdfs? Were the cbz versions not made available?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Zachack posted:

I download both because they are both available and storage is cheap. I generally like CBRs better, but find PDFs to be more readily readable without extra software. :shrug:

Though I have a few things that were PDF only. Not from comiXology, but Kickstarter rewards, 2000 AD purchases, and the like.

And, like I said, I find the PDF readers on my tablet work better than CBR readers. Some I don't like the interface of. Some I do like the interface, but they have trouble reading all my CBR files. The PDF readers just work more consistently despite not being optimized for comics.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Check your emails!

Just got a $5 off a $15+ purchase of Image comics.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Zachack posted:

I dunno about Ghostbusters, but the Lumberjanes comics from a previous bundle looked terrible in CBZ, like they were resized in 'nearest neighbor.'

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

TMNT collections are on sale.
https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=11542&lang=1

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have the first 28 singles from their sale last year and I want to keep up with it but the idea of having the series split between singles and volumes gives me stress.

It's a good swries. Or it was until City Fall, that's where I stopped.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Oni-Pride-Sale/page/10990?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Universe-Rebirth-101-Part-2-Sale/page/11016?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
N52 Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 7, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Teenage Fansub posted:

N52 Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman

What is good out of it? I thought I've seen that all of WW is garbage, but all of Aquaman is good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

On the contrary, Azzarello's Wonder Woman is fantastic. That ends at #35.
Aquaman was pretty good up till Bunn at #41

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
WW is an okay Ancient Greek gods story that Wonder Woman is in I guess.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So is that Star Wars sale ever going to end?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Rirse posted:

So is that Star Wars sale ever going to end?

It ends the 28th.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mr Hootington posted:

What is good out of it? I thought I've seen that all of WW is garbage, but all of Aquaman is good.

WW is a bit divisive but a lot of people really, really like it.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I remember seeing news of Aquaman fans being up in arms over Cullen Bunn's story and demanding his removal from the series. At the time, they sounded like (and may well be) pissy fanboys, but then I read the collected trade and holy poo poo, the angry fanboys were right about something for a change. Nothing about Bunn's run says "Aquaman" to me, more like a bloated Magic: The Gathering deck description, and the rape scene that happens only to be forgotten is criminally poor writing. (Full context: Arthur thinks he has been exiled by Mera, and sneaks into her bedroom to try and negotiate with her. They have sex, and the next morning she is revealed to be Mera's sister who is a dead-on lookalike. Not-Mera makes a couple of snide references to this later in the story, but otherwise Arthur does not seem violated or traumatized in the least. There aren't even Atlantean police telling each other "Nice.")

Having said all that, Aquaman's a fair time pre-Bunn. Wonder Woman's excellent for 35 issues. Flash is great for the first 12 issues, plus #26 which has some charming short stories.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

WW is an okay Ancient Greek gods story that Wonder Woman is in I guess.

This is basically the divisive part, a lot of people, myself included, feel like it's a pretty solid indie book about the Greek pantheon that Azzarello crammed Wonder Woman into, despite the square peg/round hole-ness of doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I loved the story and the art is gorgeous with fantastic cahracter designs for the pantheon. For $1 an issue you can't go wrong imo.