Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Mirificus posted:

Physics with Captain B'tak :science:

The gently caress does he even manage to dress himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

G0RF posted:

A random person tries out Star Citizen for the first time and offers an extensive summary of his first experience with the $114 million, four and a half years in the making, so ahead of the competition only Rockstar might hope to catch up (maybe) Best drat Space Sim Ever.

of course the first response is a shitizen who gives the same excuses as always.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

SomethingJones posted:

When his socks are inside out he feels grief.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

A random person tries out Star Citizen for the first time and offers an extensive summary of his first experience with the $114 million, four and a half years in the making, so ahead of the competition only Rockstar might hope to catch up (maybe) Best drat Space Sim Ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFQLw5_N2o

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Turd Burglar posted:

of course the first response is a shitizen who gives the same excuses as always.

Excerpted in part below for those who missed it:

Delusional backer posted:

"Yeah, I hope it gets better to, but remember, this is an ALPHA version of a game. Most players don't have anywhere near the access to these types of builds when the game is being designed. Most of the time, this is being done by in house testers, or small groups of people who signed up to assist. Not the over 1 million players that are part of this alpha.

If you are looking for a finished game, this is not for you at this time. I know that it seems like it's been forever, and it really has been a decent amount of time, but I honestly think we are getting very close to a final game design. Things left to go. Persistence (patch 2.4, already on test), Economy (first pass at a currency is on 2.4) exploration (not yet), mining (not yet), self repairs (not yet), jump points and new systems (not yet), etc. It's a lot, but that that much. Compared to a lot of the things that already had to have happened, I think we are close (within 4-5 months) of ending alpha and going to beta testing."

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Okay, fine goons. You convinced me to do it.

My great grandad fought in WW1 as a Lieutenant, was part of the wave that made first inroads to rout the Italians, got captured by the Russians on the other front later and made a long and arduous trek all the way from Russia, when they quit the war and were up poo poo's creek, all without serious harm other than some hunger/malnutrition. Then the moment he got back, he was riding in the back of a car, whose driver busted through a railway crossing ramp that flew up in the air and whacked him right in the skull, got worse from that injury and died right as WW2 ended.

My grandad fought in WW2 as a basic foot soldier, got wounded badly but went through it. The Commies thanked him later for his service by murdering his brother on the grounds of suspicion and tossing his body in who-knows-what hidden cave, while rewarding my grandma, who lied about being a courier during the war, with a big fat early pension. Communism for all!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good one.
The best war stories are the ones pertaining to ancestors that had a lovely experience and got no glory.

Lodin fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 1, 2016

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
When is Derek gonna hit us with the truth?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SomethingJones posted:

Economies of scale.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I spent more than I'd care to admit on this garbage heap and would like my money back to do some other poo poo with. What's my chances on a refund?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

vandalism posted:

I spent more than I'd care to admit on this garbage heap and would like my money back to do some other poo poo with. What's my chances on a refund?

Zero unless you live in a country with actual consumer protection laws. If not, chargeback time.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

None, but once you submit a request for one and get a response you can get started on the chargeback request with your bank.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
This was some time ago. I don't know if I still have any receipts or anything like that.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

My other grandad served on the Death Star :(

Did he have a tray?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Ghostlight posted:

Do you think we can get Schmorky to voice her?

Maybe Sandi Gardner will take the part. She seems to be willing to take just about any job to pad her resume.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Is it too late to request songs for the space ship tape deck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln-Jq6X6p-g

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
So I bought the following things between 8/28/13 and 11/27/13:

Aurora
Freelancer
M50
Digital Colonel
Banu Merchantman

I would have to call my bank because I don't have records from that far back. Should have kept them, but yeah. poo poo happens. I got taken for a ride admittedly and have learned a lesson, so I don't really regret the experience. I think I got hosed out of about $700. I am going to try to get it back.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

vandalism posted:

So I bought the following things between 8/28/13 and 11/27/13:

Aurora
Freelancer
M50
Digital Colonel
Banu Merchantman

I would have to call my bank because I don't have records from that far back. Should have kept them, but yeah. poo poo happens. I got taken for a ride admittedly and have learned a lesson, so I don't really regret the experience. I think I got hosed out of about $700. I am going to try to get it back.

request a refund tomorrow. if they say no then chargeback.

e-

you can request your bank records from that time period. i can pull up my records online by month, depending on your bank you should be able to do the same.

Blunderstorm fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 1, 2016

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Turd Burglar posted:

request a refund tomorrow. if they say no then chargeback.

e-

you can request your bank records from that time period. i can pull up my records online by month, depending on your bank you should be able to do the same.

I know something is happening with it being June 1st, but I haven't been following this. What is special about that day? Should I wait a bit longer or go for it now since it's June in my time zone?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Turd Burglar posted:

Has he found anyone to give him money to make a new game? I don't see that happening after the public fiasco of MGS5 and Silent Hill.

He did, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annuTcmB1rw

Sony is funding his next project.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
gently caress, I logged in. The ToS is still 1.2, so I'm good, right?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

vandalism posted:

I know something is happening with it being June 1st, but I haven't been following this. What is special about that day? Should I wait a bit longer or go for it now since it's June in my time zone?

current terms of service expire and according to it they have to refund and provide financial records if the game isnt out yet.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

vandalism posted:

Stop.

Do not login to any rsi site or load the game or do anything.

Talk to Derek.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

vandalism posted:

gently caress, I logged in. The ToS is still 1.2, so I'm good, right?

PM derek.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
It may be too late but it still said ToS 1.2. gently caress.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

vandalism posted:

Did you click on any [I agree with the Terms and Conditions] while being shown TOS 1.2? If so, congrats, its expired! (Or will be in an hour or two)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

vandalism posted:

Assuming you didn't click "I agree" or "ok" on anything that looked like a click wrap you should be ok? I've never logged into RSI so I don't know where they hide this poo poo.

please ignore MOMA if he posts. He will try to convince you that you agreed to the new TOS the second you opened the bookmark for RSI

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

its still the 1.2 from feb 1st 2015 on the rsi site. they haven't updated it.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Ahh, nope. According to the countdown thing it's like an hour from now. gently caress, good timing.

EDIT: how can I reasonably be held to any EULA other than the one that was in effect at time of purchasing the product? Can I? It doesn't seem to make any sense.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 1, 2016

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
From the discord MOTD: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20160531T2359&p0=4551&msg=CIG+Star+Citizen+ToS+v1.2+Elapses&font=sanserif

I'm not sure if this is the ELE or what, but I've got some champagne ready for when the ball drops

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/331449/live-prisoner-capture

yep.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i cannot wait for the NDAs to expire on the invigiliation squads and the unspeakable heartbreaking truths to be revealed

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
In which a cultists gets link shamed.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/331356/help-spread-the-word-of-sc-and-sq42

At least he outed all the shills at gamespot for us,

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/anyone-else-excited-for-squadron-42-33200118/#7

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

vandalism posted:

Ahh, nope. According to the countdown thing it's like an hour from now. gently caress, good timing.

EDIT: how can I reasonably be held to any EULA other than the one that was in effect at time of purchasing the product? Can I? It doesn't seem to make any sense.

Derek posted this handy guide earlier today: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=203785&page=659&p=3995912&viewfull=1#post3995912

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
One of my grandfathers was a pilot. Nothing exciting, he flew cargo planes after the allies began pushing back into Europe. He flew equipment in and bodies out, mostly. My other grandfather was slated for Operation Olympic. After the bombings, he was instead sent to some island in the Pacific to root out diehard Japanese guerillas. Caught a few, went home.

Star Citizen is still a cult and will never be anything more.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Wow that RSI thread :chanpop:

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Sankis posted:

He did, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annuTcmB1rw

Sony is funding his next project.

I predict that it will be some action-y thing, which will have a weirdly obtuse storyline, and there will be women in it who are treated creepily and wear nearly nothing for no good reason.

In other news, one of my grandfathers was a soldier in WWII. The army trained him as a barber, and sent him to Brazil, where he spent the entirety of the war. His group was on a Winning Hearts and Minds And Also In Case The Nazis or Japs Decide To Invade Via The Really Long Overland Route sort of mission. His most harrowing tale of wartime was about the transport ships, which had gang toilets that were basically steel latrines. Apparently they learned very quickly to just hold it if the ship had any roll. My other grandfather went to Korea during that action, and never spoke of it.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

vandalism posted:

Don't panic, have a look here and get in touch with Derek -
http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-tos-v1-1-expiration/

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

Wow that RSI thread :chanpop:

Yeah, I figure the guy with 6300 posts in that forum, is just letting off steam, and hopes the thread is deleted by tomorrow. The cracks in the walls are big enough to put your fingers through these days. Soon, you'll be able to break them down with little effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

My paternal grandpa was in the 65th Infantry, arrived in Europe in 1945 and was part of the advance into Germany and Austria at the very end. He saw a lot of terrible things, including the Flossenbürg concentration camp.

My maternal grandfather was an Irish factory worker, went to Britain during the war. The Luftwaffe destroyed everything he had several times over- he couldn't get back to Ireland for his father's funeral because they destroyed his passport.

I guess they'd be happy that I have to luxury to waste my free time laughing at this clusterfuck?

• Locked thread