Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://twitter.com/voldemortsbicep/status/719878711768690688

If you guys are gonna call twitter exchanges fake, at least bother to check.

Just because two twitter accounts twatted at one another doesn't mean it can't be fake hon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yes, clearly it was an ploy where she had a person she doesn't even follow make himself look stupid on purpose, and not the kind of thing that happens on twitter every drat day. Follow literally any prominent female public figure (especially if they're in male-dominated fields) and see for yourself.

I swear this thread is so jaded that nothing entertaining could possibly be real to goons.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Yeah I have no reason to believe "person is dumb on Twitter" is being faked. I think "person is dumb on Twitter" is actually there mission statement

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Yes, clearly it was an ploy where she had a person she doesn't even follow make himself look stupid on purpose, and not the kind of thing that happens on twitter every drat day. Follow literally any prominent female public figure (especially if they're in male-dominated fields) and see for yourself.

I swear this thread is so jaded that nothing entertaining could possibly be real to goons.

Oh I'm well aware, trust me lol. I'm just saying it looks to me to be a little too 'set up'.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Oh I'm well aware, trust me lol. I'm just saying it looks to me to be a little too 'set up'.

Occam's Razor says "It's more likely that this actually happened than a carefully crafted ploy using a fake Twitter account."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Just because two twitter accounts twatted at one another doesn't mean it can't be fake hon

What do you mean?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Geniasis posted:

What do you mean?

Truthfully? IDK. :/ What do you think I meant?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
A lot of stuff that slides into this thread isn't actually stdh but just stupid poo poo where you wonder why the author bothered to go to the trouble. Lot of content-type overlap with the idiots on social media thread

see also, every post ever made on these forums

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Occam's Razor says "It's more likely that this actually happened than a carefully crafted ploy using a fake Twitter account."

True, true, but a in-depth investigation into the sincerity of whatever gets posted isn't exactly a requirement for this thread, at least last I checked. It's a possibility that its STDH, I doubt anyone here was directly involved in tweeting it so it still may or may not be sincere, and it's funny, so why not post it?

^^ Exactly

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

sweeperbravo posted:

A lot of stuff that slides into this thread isn't actually stdh but just stupid poo poo where you wonder why the author bothered to go to the trouble. Lot of content-type overlap with the idiots on social media thread

Yeah it's like half made-up stuff, half cringey stuff that maybe happened but is pathetic

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sweeperbravo posted:

Mostly the troper tales. If they aren't truly absurd they're just regular things that people with no life experience think is wacky.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Drunk Tomato posted:

Yeah it's like half made-up stuff, half cringey stuff that maybe happened but is pathetic
that's a good way to put it.

"poo poo that Didn't Happen" and "Why Are You Telling Me This poo poo"

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Mostly the troper tales. If they aren't truly absurd they're just regular things that people with no life experience think is wacky.

yeah like it's stuff that would easily fit in a (quality notwithstanding) slice-of-life story or novel, if any of the tropers actually were capable of sitting down to write the stories they insist on pedantically gathering tropes for.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Zelder posted:

Yeah I have no reason to believe "person is dumb on Twitter" is being faked. I think "person is dumb on Twitter" is actually there mission statement

*their

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

"I went to the shop"

"You didn't say you were wearing shoes! Fake and gay"

sweeperbravo posted:

I'd say like 50% of the thread at least

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That twitter exchange is super funny and good so thanks for posting it, regardless

e: although personally I might have classified it as iosm instead of stdh

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 23:46 on Jun 1, 2016

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Cocky

Shifty

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Khazar-khum posted:

Cocky

Shifty

Given the first one, I parsed the second one as "In what ways are you beautiful?" kind of like "how do I love thee, let me count the ways", and expected the girl to list her stunning attributes.

Instead I got a shirtless wolf-man posing all sexy like.

I like my way better.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

sweeperbravo posted:

Wait, so you're saying my posting here is something stupid?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Wait, so you're saying my posting here is something stupid?

I'm not a man, so I cannot properly explain it to you.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Yep, makes sense that someone would confuse these two totally identical looking pills.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Drunk Tomato posted:

Yep, makes sense that someone would confuse these two totally identical looking pills.

Eh, the 10mg pills are pretty close.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
it's a joke you drat idiots

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lord Chumley posted:

it's a joke you drat idiots

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it's not.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

what are jokes

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

We just don't know

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
This joke's explained itself.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tbf boner jokes are very subtle and complex so it's often difficult to recognise them

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

EmmyOk posted:

Tbf boner jokes are very subtle and complex so it's often difficult to recognise them

no need to be a dick about it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The way he meticulously describes his gun reminds me of that scene in Forrest Gump where he's describing his ping pong paddles.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Heard my neighbors wife calling for help, that her husband was beating her. Walked into my living room, pulled my hunting shotgun off the wall, threw in a few shells and walked out there door across the street but expecting to do anything. As I walked up to the end of the driveway I saw him on top of her strangling her. I racked a shell and pointed it strait at his head about 6ft away and yelled as loud as I could to get the neighborhoods attention.GET THE gently caress OF HER OR I'LL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF!We started yelling at each other, him mostly denying what he was doing and threatening to get his gun. He kept stepping towards me, I kept walking backwards to keep my distance. One of my neighbors ran up and talked him down all while I kept the gun pointed at him. For a a few seconds I had the safety off and my finger on the trigger, I almost killed him, and if my neighbor hadn't stopped the situation I'm sure I would have.The sheriff and state police arrived, all my neighbors are paranoid hippies that though i was going to jail for what I did, but the officers were happy that I intervened and that I held my composure.After all was over I unloaded my gun and realized that I had reversed my usual self defense rounds. I usually load so my first shot is a bird shot shell, then buck, then a slug. The slug was racked first, I would have literally blown his head clean off, yikes!TL;DR almost killed my neighbor found him strangling his wife, I wish I had, there is no place in this world for men like him.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:yikes: indeed.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Is date rape so common everyone in a restaurant has personal experience with it?

You'd be surprised, there's this meatlocker of a dance club called the Abbey here in LA that had to deal with a huge lawsuit a couple years back because some of their bartenders were drugging girls at the bar, then raping them in the bathroom. People get so hosed up on drugs and liquor at that place, when the story broke I was not surprised in the least.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Customers-West-Hollywood-The-Abbey-Lawsuit-Alleges-Employees-Drugged-Drinks-Raped-201572611.html

quote:

A multi-million dollar lawsuit is accusing three employees of a popular gay bar and restaurant in West Hollywood of drugging two female customers and raping them while they were in a stupor.
Calling the defendants’ alleged acts reprehensible and despicable, the lawsuit seeks $10,000,000 in damages for each victim, plus attorney’s fees.
"Their objectives of the case are to obtain fair and just compensation for the horrible injuries suffered by my clients as a result of the defendants' wrongful conduct, and to induce The Abbey and other nightclubs to provide proper security to protect patrons," said Robert W. Hirsh, a prominent Beverly Hills attorney representing the victims.

Filed in Los Angeles Superior Court Wednesday, the lawsuit claims that The Abbey should have known its customers were being discretely drugged and alleges the bar of, among other claims, negligent training and supervision of its employees.

The Abbey released the following statement to NBC4 late Thursday:
“When the incident was brought to our attention, we cooperated fully with the local police on an investigation and no criminal charges were ever filed. We will continue to keep the safety of our customers and employees a top priority, as we have for the past 24 years.”

The complaint identifies the three plaintiffs in the case as Yvette Doe, Joanna Doe and her husband David Doe.
A wife and mother of three, Joanna Doe visited the Abbey with two girlfriends on April 14, 2011. Her drink was allegedly spiked with a drug that made her unable to focus, talk or even walk by herself, according to the complaint.

An undocumented immigrant who worked at The Abbey, Oscar Ihraheta is alleged to have slipped Joanna the drug before taking her through the bar’s back door and into his car, where he allegedly raped her.

During the attack, Ihraheta allegedly squeezed the victim’s neck so hard that she was left with “severe bruises,” the complaint reads.
It was not immediately known if Ihraheta was ever arrested or charged in the assault.

A second woman – identified in the complaint as Yvette Doe, a lesbian who visited the bar with her girlfriend – was allegedly raped by two unknown male employees on Nov. 7, 2011.
Yvette Doe was visiting the bar for afternoon cocktails with her companion when the pair fought and split up to separate areas of the restaurant. She sat down at the bar, crying.
Noticing that she was upset, an unknown bartender gave Yvette Doe a free drink, which the complaint alleges was tainted with a drug that soon made her unable to function.
Two employees led Yvette Doe, who never had sex with a man before the attack, through the bar’s back door and raped her, the complaint reads.

ruddiger has a new favorite as of 17:44 on Jun 2, 2016

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Heard my neighbors wife calling for help, that her husband was beating her. Walked into my living room, pulled my hunting shotgun off the wall, threw in a few shells and walked out there door across the street but expecting to do anything. As I walked up to the end of the driveway I saw him on top of her strangling her. I racked a shell and pointed it strait at his head about 6ft away and yelled as loud as I could to get the neighborhoods attention.GET THE gently caress OF HER OR I'LL BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF!We started yelling at each other, him mostly denying what he was doing and threatening to get his gun. He kept stepping towards me, I kept walking backwards to keep my distance. One of my neighbors ran up and talked him down all while I kept the gun pointed at him. For a a few seconds I had the safety off and my finger on the trigger, I almost killed him, and if my neighbor hadn't stopped the situation I'm sure I would have.The sheriff and state police arrived, all my neighbors are paranoid hippies that though i was going to jail for what I did, but the officers were happy that I intervened and that I held my composure.After all was over I unloaded my gun and realized that I had reversed my usual self defense rounds. I usually load so my first shot is a bird shot shell, then buck, then a slug. The slug was racked first, I would have literally blown his head clean off, yikes!TL;DR almost killed my neighbor found him strangling his wife, I wish I had, there is no place in this world for men like him.

I don't know much about guns or hunting but shouldn't all his "self defense" rounds be bird shot? In what situation would an attacker be so unphased by a non-lethal gunshot that higher firepower is needed? Is he expecting the Terminator to come after him or something?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Christo posted:

I don't know much about guns or hunting but shouldn't all his "self defense" rounds be bird shot? In what situation would an attacker be so unphased by a non-lethal gunshot that higher firepower is needed? Is he expecting the Terminator to come after him or something?

As someone who IS experienced with guns, it's more common than you think. Ballistics is a really weird science with a fuckton of variables. There have been cases of guys getting hit in the chest by a .45 or through the mouth by a .25 and immediately attacking or fleeing instead of collapsing. Or you have guys hit in the stomach by a .22 pistol and immediately collapse from the shock. There's no real way to predict what will happen because everyone reacts differently to pain and shock.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
In scared gun owner land, there are lots of hulking PCP-using monstrosities roaming the land.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

In scared gun owner land, life is Left 4 Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Christo posted:

It's a 'logical' idea, the assumption being that if what you used first didn't work, use something bigger, and kinda sorta works if you are in the wilderness. It's also wrong, in that at that range the only real difference between the loads listed is what happens to whatever or whoever is behind the guy, which is a pretty important factor that our hero has failed to consider.

Also as impressive as shotgun related wounds can be, it's extremely unlikely that it would actually result in decapitation/complete cranial destruction.