Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This week's episode was one of the best yet. Definitely in my top 30.

Although I'm surprised they didn't point out how Magneto begins moving the bridge in the afternoon, then when he's done it's suddenly nighttime. Or how Magneto's whole assault plan was to let his loyal followers get mowed down by the mutant-cure-bullets (because gently caress the rights of those mutants specifically, I guess?) and not get involved himself until the army was out of ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Juggy!

You've gotta be making GBS threads me.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I liked that deleted scene where Ian McKellen has a beard in one take and no beard in the other take.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm not surprised that the "deleted scenes" are just alternate takes, given that the multiple "alternate endings" are just the same scene but with one person added or swapped out.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

"Hey Magneto, since when have you had a beard? And is that... a tiny cigar sticking out of it? Oh poo poo, it's Wolverine!"

A crepe paper beard hits the ground as a nipple dives across the room and slips into the darkness...

~snktsnktsnktsnktsnktsnkt~

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DoombatINC posted:

~snktsnktsnktsnktsnktsnkt~

That's up there with ~clinkclinkclinkclinkclink~ and ~ohmygodimgonnakillemohmygodimgonnakillem~ in top WHM sound effects.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What about floors? Can she go through floors?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

precision posted:

What about floors? Can she go through floors?

Actually, she can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEYViV8p-Ow

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

But what about trees?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Juggy!

precision posted:

You've gotta be making GBS threads me.

So as bad as that is, it was used in the 90s X-Men cartoon as well (in one of the few episodes where the Juggernaut is around and specifically attacking the Mansion.)

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Well the 90s X-Men cartoon was mostly unwatchable nonsense, so I can see that happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Corek posted:

That's up there with ~clinkclinkclinkclinkclink~ and ~ohmygodimgonnakillemohmygodimgonnakillem~ in top WHM sound effects.

Sorry, but we all know Tommy Lee Jones and ~jackjackjackjackjackjackjackjack~ wins.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Well the 90s X-Men cartoon was mostly unwatchable nonsense, so I can see that happening

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5v2RdxYGqk

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I disagree with them on the Beast/Leech scene, I actually liked how Grammer pulled off the reaction to seeing his human hand. Part shock, part "holy poo poo I didn't realize how much I've wanted to see this until right now".

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think scumbag Stan Lee is my favorite scumbag character of theirs. Is he in anything other than their Centurions review?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Jack Gladney posted:

I think scumbag Stan Lee is my favorite scumbag character of theirs. Is he in anything other than their Centurions review?

Real life? Everywhere?

The guys are more restrained than me - halfway through there's no Robert Smith jokes about this movie about a bunch of goth outcast mutants looking for The Cure.

I watched it instead of going to a writer's festival. I regret it.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

You lie. That taught me about the X-Men.

I'm reading the original Chris Claremont comics now, they're awesome. Storm is amazing.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Corek posted:

~ohmygodimgonnakillemohmygodimgonnakillem~

Argh, what's this one from?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Argh, what's this one from?

The Substitute, primarily. At least that's how I remember it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

TetsuoTW posted:

The Substitute, primarily. At least that's how I remember it.

Yes, and it's a delight.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jack Gladney posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM8zB6zm860

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

It's no easy task to top this as a great Stan Lee impersonation but mercy the WHM boys might have done it.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

I've watched XMen Cartoon probably four hundred times in my childhood and every time it was the same episode. I think it's where Jubilee gets left behind on a mission an they are all upset. I've never seen any other episodes.

EDIT: No wait it was Banshee that was left behind.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 1, 2016

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I've watched XMen Cartoon probably four hundred times in my childhood and every time it was the same episode. I think it's where Jubilee gets left behind on a mission an they are all upset. I've never seen any other episodes.

There's both. Happens to Beast too, I think.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

And Morph in like the first episode.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is great because it ends with him taking credit for creating a character that was somebody else's work.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I watched the Pryde of the X-Men Pilot on VHS as a kid a few times.

To this day I still have no idea what accent Wolverine was supposed to have.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

weekly font posted:

And Morph in like the first episode.

One of the funnest videos I've seen is Taran Killam recap the first episodes of the xmen cartoon (with voices) off the top of his head while just dicking around at a con. Completely dragged me back to my childhood watching that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS8i1OhOimc

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I grew up with the early-00s X-Men cartoon where they tried to appeal to the anime crowd by making almost all of the mutants teenagers and turning Nightcrawler into a long-haired bishounen.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

I grew up with the early-00s X-Men cartoon where they tried to appeal to the anime crowd by making almost all of the mutants teenagers and turning Nightcrawler into a long-haired bishounen.

I knew a gay couple who had yaoi fanart of that taped to their dorm room door in college.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i try to get into the X-Men cartoon as a kid but then on a Saturday mornings i will be doing some school activity and then the next week xavier is walking and in dinosaur land and i get lost and play nintendo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BexGu posted:

One of the funnest videos I've seen is Taran Killam recap the first episodes of the xmen cartoon (with voices) off the top of his head while just dicking around at a con. Completely dragged me back to my childhood watching that show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS8i1OhOimc

I've been looking for this bit for years. Thank you.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Guy Mann posted:

The only thing I know about that show is trivia that several scenes were very detailed rotoscopings of Buffy and The Craft.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Count Chocula posted:

I knew a gay couple who had yaoi fanart of that taped to their dorm room door in college.

When did this

Become hotter than this?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Corek posted:

The only thing I know about that show is trivia that several scenes were very detailed rotoscopings of Buffy and The Craft.

One of the X-Men cartoons should be an Animation Damnation subject.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Reminder that the Alan Cumming Nightcrawler and The Craft were both perfect.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

Chris Sims recapped all the X-Men 90s cartoons on Comica Alliance, hilariously. I loved that show, though it was no BTAS.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Jack Gladney posted:

I've been looking for this bit for years. Thank you.

I can't get over his Storm "AGREED" and Scott's "ITS FINE JEAN!" voices.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BexGu posted:

I can't get over his Storm "AGREED" and Scott's "ITS FINE JEAN!" voices.

I'm most impressed with his single line of dialogue from Jubilee's dad, as it's so dead-on that it brought back my memory of the episode. That's exactly what that one canadian radio voiceover guy sounded like. I think he was also Sabertooth's fake kkk son later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Count Chocula posted:

Chris Sims recapped all the X-Men 90s cartoons on Comica Alliance, hilariously. I loved that show, though it was no BTAS.
Chris Sims is also the co-writer on the X-Men 92 Secert Wars comic and the new ongoing series, a job he got because of the recaps.