Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
This is why I'm worried about running Old Ben. Yoda teams will just focus him first and steal all those crazy buffs. Seems like a super hard counter.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

People at the top of the guild rankings get 50% more guild coins over people at the bottom. It adds up fast.

edit: those numbers are awful mal where did you get them.

You're using the wrong metric. If you compare the VERY bottom to the VERY top, sure, there's a huge difference, but that's not an accurate comparison. To make it to the very top, you have to spend a lot of crystals (at least in IGD) on both days to get there. In this case, so far (with ~9 hours to go on today's activities), Wrath has #1 with 1440, gaining 237 coins. I'm at 5th place, 702 energy, and 209 coins earned.. I estimate that I spent roughly 400 energy last night (I could optimize that a bit more, but that seems about average for me. That's with two refreshes last night and two today. Now that I'm level 80, I'm starting to save crystals...usually only do one refresh, but do two for light/dark/hard days. So, if we subtract 400 energy, that would be 302, which would be 20th place for ~180 crystals.

209 - 180 = 29. However, everyone on this list will have an opportunity to spend another 200ish energy before reset (9 hours + 45 + 45), so you could likely move up a couple spots from that.

Like I said, not ideal, but not as big of a deal as you think it is.

If people from Europe want to start Plo Goon, that's awesome. Please do. I'm just saying you aren't missing out on as much as you think you are.

Dr. Venture posted:

This is why I'm worried about running Old Ben. Yoda teams will just focus him first and steal all those crazy buffs. Seems like a super hard counter.

I see 1-2 teams in the top 20 running Yoda. Also, if you kill Ben first, you are giving both teams crazy buffs. Yoda doesn't remove the buffs from their team.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
No top teams on my shard run Yoda, it's all RG/Rey core in every single team in top 20 complemented by 3 of the following: Dooku, ST Han, Old Ben, Fives, QGJ, Geo Soldier, Leia if whale. My Jedi and that one dude's Evok furry fury squad are like the only two different teams :(

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I realized that now that I've unlocked JK Guardian and Ahsoka Tano, I now have a potential 5 Jedi team of: Lumi, QGJ, JC, JK Guardian, and AT. I've been getting stomped on Chapter 5/6 Light missions. Is it worth investing in those two for sweet Jedi synergy in LS and GW?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Lord Wexia posted:

I realized that now that I've unlocked JK Guardian and Ahsoka Tano, I now have a potential 5 Jedi team of: Lumi, QGJ, JC, JK Guardian, and AT. I've been getting stomped on Chapter 5/6 Light missions. Is it worth investing in those two for sweet Jedi synergy in LS and GW?

Ahsoka is pretty decent post level 80 patch, but you're much better off putting Cantina tokens into maxing QGJ and Daka, and then probably Fives and HR Scout.

JKG is just bad. Read the last page for more info.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't know what the gently caress to do with my Galactic War shipments. I have Lumi at 7*, I have Phasma at 6* so I guess I could take her to 7. I just unlocked Teebo because I hear he's good against door guards but I just don't really know. Is anyone else in GW worth farming? I know Poggle and IG-86 are both good but a droid team is going to have to wait for after I waste my time on a f2p rebel team. I see Biggs there but I don't know if he's worth it for the rebel team.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Poggle and 86 are both good outside of a droid team, and Teebo is a monster in any phase of the raid, not just the guards. Biggs is mediocre at best even in a rebel team.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I just got Biggs from a Bronzium. How is he?

This is my third Bronzium character. I feel crazy lucky.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

MichiganCubbie posted:

He's as effective as he was against the Death Star, sorry bro

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fenris13 posted:

Poggle and 86 are both good outside of a droid team, and Teebo is a monster in any phase of the raid, not just the guards. Biggs is mediocre at best even in a rebel team.

Yeah, I was really not feeling Biggs. Good to know Teebo is good in the entire raid, I'll just keep buying him then. Thanks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The June log-in character shards are: ally points :unsmigghh:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The June character is Dengar. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/44137/daily-login-character-for-june-dengar#latest

Who the gently caress is Dengar?

Cai
Apr 15, 2006
Dongs Dongs Dongs

From an old Star Wars book called Tales of the Bounty Hunters. I used to love that book.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

amazing

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Dengar, that mummy gently caress

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

Dengar, that mummy gently caress

Crude and slovenly. The gooniest star wars character.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Fenris13 posted:

Biggs is mediocre at best even in a rebel team.

This implies he can be at his best. He does not have a best. Not only does he absolutely suck, but he's also guaranteed to call in Barriss, even if she isn't on your team.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

Not a super star but he is farmable And usable. I have him on a assist team led by phasma and he slots in there quite nice. His passive if I remember correctly was indirectly buffed by the addition of protection. He is no qgj/ray/rg where he can be the foundation of a good team but he can out put decent damage and is not terrible by any stretch.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

xyigx posted:

Hk(l), 88, 86, poggle, jawa engi is a rough loving team. They basicly get 2 turns before you get one, then 88 and hk each get a extra attack on aoe(from the turn meter on crit). And now you get to go after 2.5 turns of poggled droids smashing you. This was the 6th node in gw.

haha that was probably me

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

haha that was probably me

It impressed me enough that I am finishing poggle, while he goes a little slower on turn 1 the combo of their buffs is insane. Paired with a hk with omega leader that pain train does not stop.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

xyigx posted:

It impressed me enough that I am finishing poggle, while he goes a little slower on turn 1 the combo of their buffs is insane. Paired with a hk with omega leader that pain train does not stop.

Preach it brother! Droids have some crazy synergy:

- Jawa Engineer gives +25% crit chance for 2 turns and +30% turn meter for the droids
- Poggle gives +50% attack and +25% speed for 3 loving turns aw yeah
- HK-47 leader gives +20% crit chance for all droids and +30% turn meter on crit WHAT. His AoE also adds debuffs everyone which boosts IG-88s crit damage by 10% each!

Basically this means the infamous IG brothers ALWAYS CRIT and you end up with all the turns. IG-88 and HK-47 crit so much with their AoE they get another turn STRAIGHT AWAY. It's sick. The other team sometimes doesn't even get a move!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

Preach it brother! Droids have some crazy synergy:

- Jawa Engineer gives +25% crit chance for 2 turns and +30% turn meter for the droids
- Poggle gives +50% attack and +25% speed for 3 loving turns aw yeah
- HK-47 leader gives +20% crit chance for all droids and +30% turn meter on crit WHAT. His AoE also adds debuffs everyone which boosts IG-88s crit damage by 10% each!

Basically this means the infamous IG brothers ALWAYS CRIT and you end up with all the turns. IG-88 and HK-47 crit so much with their AoE they get another turn STRAIGHT AWAY. It's sick. The other team sometimes doesn't even get a move!

Hk leader is 50% turn meter on crit when omega level. It's so retarded good with their crit rate. They stack turns so fast it's really amazing, hk and 88 are virtually guaranteed a turn right after aoe, most if not all will get a bonus turn every other turn. I am sure there are lots of ways around the team but it will hurt and somebody's going to die.

Edit to add my droid team is all 6* g9 levels 65-70 they as my b team with poggle and jawa engi have wrecked level 76ish 7* teams with only losing one guy. They have a new classification they don't get to be the b team they just go in and erase a pain in the rear end team.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 1, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Biggs reason: f2p way into upcoming rebel/clone event

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

rabidsquid posted:

The June log-in character shards are: ally points :unsmigghh:

Wait, is it Dengar or ally points? I was seeing ally points this morning

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Right now it's ally points. They will do a client update today or tomorrow and change it.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I figure darth maul will go f2p soon. Never seen anyone use him, including whales. Mine is 4*, he was awesome early on.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

xyigx posted:

Hk leader is 50% turn meter on crit when omega level. It's so retarded good with their crit rate. They stack turns so fast it's really amazing, hk and 88 are virtually guaranteed a turn right after aoe, most if not all will get a bonus turn every other turn. I am sure there are lots of ways around the team but it will hurt and somebody's going to die.

Edit to add my droid team is all 6* g9 levels 65-70 they as my b team with poggle and jawa engi have wrecked level 76ish 7* teams with only losing one guy. They have a new classification they don't get to be the b team they just go in and erase a pain in the rear end team.

The droid team with Engy is top-tier, but still suffers the same issue pre-Engy droid teams had, in that it can run out of gas. 86 and 88 are still very glassy, and in most teams I've played or seen you lose the tank the team used to run as protection in place of Engy who is also glassy. And Engy is the lynchpin, if he goes down early you'll be able to get some kills for sure, but unless RNG favors you and HK gets targeted over 86 and 88 you'll probably lose, especially if some of your big shots like 86's assist get dodged. Thankfully the new Droid looks like he's gonna help with that, and probably kick Poggle out of the lineup for good.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I fought a droid team in arena and the jawa didn't use the crit/TM up ability at all, just detonator first then the heal then he died. He looks like a beast on offense though.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

oops wrong forum posted:

Thankfully the new Droid looks like he's gonna help with that, and probably kick Poggle out of the lineup for good.

The new droid looks like a steaming pile of poo poo, the idea that anyone would use him in any matter, let alone replacing an amazing unit like poggle is baffling. Nevermine actually paying for this junk.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It depends entirely on his base numbers, like every other character except like QGJ.

Any clues whether Dengar is farmable or Chromium-exclusive?

Notes mentioned:

quote:

Characters who did not have abilities that did special damage but had Gear pieces that gave boosts to special damage have had those gear pieces changed out for pieces without the special damage bonuses.

But it's not clear if this means those heroes will get useful statistics instead or just maybe easier to farm pieces. If they either get useful statistics it's an arena buff, and if it takes away useless statistics it'll at least mean Poggle doesn't balloon your power level for considering GW opponents.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Pro tip: on logging back in, click on the Dengar news item, and "OK" on the B2 Audorium popup!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here are the release notes:

quote:

Greetings,
Here are the update notes for today.
Characters
Dengar is the daily login character for June.
B2 Super Battle Droid is the new Aurodium Pack character. Aurodium packs are now available to all players level 30 and higher regardless of spend.
General
There is now an achievement for joining a Guild.
Fixed the naming conventions and icons for Gear Salvage pieces acquired from Raids.
Leaderboards have been updated to display top 3 Guilds from the previous month.
Bug Fixes
Fixed the description on the Sinister Laugh ability for General Grievous.
Abilities that apply Speed Up will now properly overwrite Speed Down debuffs.
Ewok Elder will now properly clear all debuffs when using his Tribal Healer abilitiy.
Sun Fac will now properly use his taunt when controlled by the AI.
A buff now appears for Admiral Ackbar’s Tactical Genius effect.
Characters who did not have abilities that did special damage but had Gear pieces that gave boosts to special damage have had those gear pieces changed out for pieces without the special damage bonuses.
Players can no longer reset their Raid attempts by moving their device clock forward.
Rey now properly gains offense up when fighting the Rancor after using Leverage while having the Morale buffs received after destroying the door panel.
Fixed a bug where Greedo would sometimes cause the game to crash.
Asajj Ventress no longer receives the buff from her Rampage ability when the door panel is defeated in the Rancor Raid.
Stages for Light Side Stage 8 Hard difficulty can now be properly refreshed with Crystals.

Note that the bit about special damage gear doesn't appear to actually have made it into the release.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

quote:

Ewok Elder will now properly clear all debuffs when using his Tribal Healer abilitiy.

All hail Ewoks!

quote:

Aurodium packs are now available to all players level 30 and higher regardless of spend.

Should we be pulling these packs? I know you aren't supposed to do Chromium since you can't farm, but what about this one? I assume you can't farm this either, but it looks like you get a lot more.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 2, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

MichiganCubbie posted:

All hail Ewoks!

Should we be pulling these packs? I know you aren't supposed to do Chromium since you can't farm, but what about this one? I assume you can't farm this either, but it looks like you get a lot more.

arodium characters are only in the shop for a month or so, which means if you don't pull enough to 7* the character, you're stuck.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Some info from the game files on reddit:

quote:

Assemble an all female squad and use 5 attempts per day to battle against droids. Win and you’ll not only be contributing to charity but also earning credits and character shards.

Assemble a squad of female heroes and destroy some droids! Intended for levels 25+

Reach Level 25 to Unlock this Event

Upgrade the star-level of your Clone Trooper and Rebel characters to dominate in the Assault Battles: Military Might event! \n\nThe pack guarantees a mix of shards (12 in total) from a set of 12 Rebel and Clone Trooper characters specifically chosen for this Event. Use the bonus Credits of up to 72K to further Promote, Train, and Gear up your Rebel squads. \n\nMaximum of 5 purchases per day, until pack expiry. Purchase count resets everyday at midnight.

Upgrade the star-level of your Clone Trooper and Rebel characters to dominate in the Assault Battles: Military Might event! \n\nThe pack guarantees a mix of shards (26 in total) from a set of 12 Rebel and Clone Trooper characters specifically chosen for this Event. Use the bonus Credits of up to 156K to further Promote, Train, and Gear up your characters.\n\nMaximum of 5 purchases per day, until pack expiry. Purchase count resets everyday at midnight.

There is also a bit of info hinting at a new raid. It appears to involve a http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Assault_Tank and turrets that can be killed, possibly respawning like phase 1 of the rancor? There is also a special ability, called Airstrike, that happens in phase 3. Ill update as I find more info!

Time to work on the all-female teams I guess

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

What are the odds they forget to put Phasma into the all-female event?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kaschei posted:

What are the odds they forget to put Phasma into the all-female event?

Nearly 100%

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Davethulhu posted:

Note that the bit about special damage gear doesn't appear to actually have made it into the release.

These are thecharacters changed:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/44356/details-on-gear-changes

Why only these? Your guess is as good as mine :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

Fenris13 posted:

The new droid looks like a steaming pile of poo poo, the idea that anyone would use him in any matter, let alone replacing an amazing unit like poggle is baffling. Nevermine actually paying for this junk.

Buff immunity/dispel AOE (read: stops RG, Han, etc), easy TM gains to get lots of attacks, Evasion down on basic? How is that garbage? Early whale reports are very positive.