Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

what part of my brain to I need to stab with an icepick to be as idiotically optimistic, or deluded, I'm not even sure anymore, as these backers? Frugal with money, they have loving pieces of furniture more expensive than most of the cars I've owned. Furniture that cost what I made in like 3 months as a SSG with BAH in the Army. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It always just seems like ignorance maybe is bliss. I can't wait for this to loving crash and burn and these people ignore reality more and pine for what could have been for the rest of their lives while continuing to live in the little loving WING COMMANDER FROM 1992 fantasy worlds they've constructed.

OK I need to go to bed I'm a filthy leaver, good luck with the 4000 goal I guess.

I vouched for you to Mark Hamill and this is how you repay me three pages from 4K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
To put things in to perspective,

a playtest that will require about 100 testers (four full instances).

That is a .00007% sample size roughly if the member accounts total is to be believed.

Things are looking up up up.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

what part of my brain to I need to stab with an icepick to be as idiotically optimistic, or deluded, I'm not even sure anymore, as these backers? Frugal with money, they have loving pieces of furniture more expensive than most of the cars I've owned. Furniture that cost what I made in like 3 months as a SSG with BAH in the Army. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. It always just seems like ignorance maybe is bliss. I can't wait for this to loving crash and burn and these people ignore reality more and pine for what could have been for the rest of their lives while continuing to live in the little loving WING COMMANDER FROM 1992 fantasy worlds they've constructed.

OK I need to go to bed I'm a filthy leaver, good luck with the 4000 goal I guess.

I think you'd need a shotgun. I think they might just be brainstems with no grey matter at all.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

"The Final Parpdown"

(ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one)

We're pledging together,
But still all for nil.
And maybe we'll charge back
For Derek, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to game
We're clipping through ground (clipping through ground)
Will I ever t-pose again?

It's the final parpdown.
The final parpdown

Oh!

We're heading for Sandi (Sandi)
And I'm scared as hell
'Cause maybe Ben seen us (seen us)
And eat us all whole.
With so many jpegs to sell
And bugs to be found (to be found)
I'm sure that Chris is scamming us all.

It's the final parpdown...
The final parp down [2x]

The final parp down
Oh!

It's the final parp down
The final parp down [2x]

It's the final parp down
We're crying together
The final parp down
Where my money go.
It's the final parp down.

Oh!
It's the final parp down.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
The fourth stimpire sounds a lot like playing EVE.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Wife (43)

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Whatever CIG forked out for CR / Sandi's vacation would probably land them some booth/floor space in E3.

Just sayin. :agesilaus:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
GOG emailed me this:

Don't they know logging in to their site means I agree to whatever they want? Why would they bother emailing me this redundant notice that their terms are changing? Toast please explain this to me, I'm scared! :ohdear:

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
I hope in the film Derek 's lawyer is played by Bill Odenkirk.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ShredsYouSay posted:

I hope in the film Derek 's lawyer is played by Bill Odenkirk.

sandi is mocapped performance by that skinny guy from hellboy and pans labyrinth

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

sandi is mocapped performance by that skinny guy from hellboy and pans labyrinth

And Ben is a re-painted (or refactored in CIG speak) used Jabba the Hut six person puppet.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
We're still not there yet.

#freeTophat

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

G0RF posted:

:lol: if that guy thinks Chris ever flies coach.

Well maybe that's the reason they don't let Ben travel as much as he would like? He already occupy 2 seats so that is double the cost and not to count the food allowance. They are indeed frugal,!

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So how about those single board computers, eh? Those things are pretty cool, no?

Yes. I setup mine to retrogame. Old C64 and ZX Spectrum games are better than Star Citizen.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

this will be the first time I'm awake for one of the big milestone pages

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Not if the thread keeps moving this slowly you won't be.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:justpost:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Lock thread.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

So wrong. He'd have 10 minutes in the wankpod.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Lock thread.

I would call that a TTerrible idea :smuggo:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:psyduck:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

biglads posted:

games are better than Star Citizen.

fixed

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Wuxi posted:

I would call that a TTerrible idea :smuggo:

You've got wuxi. I like that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Lock thread.

kill jester

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

I think they lower or raise the artificial floor after a sales spike so that it's less noticable.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

planet coaster looking great

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Is this month going to be under a million dollars in income? Is there another sale planned in the next 28 days?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
im optimistic backer i_stil_believe_in_cig. i first started watching Around the Verse when i was only in for $500. by $2000 i got really obsessed with the concept of "pipelines" and tried to channel them constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "refactoring" and "going back to the concept stages" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "open" style of development was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "back" Star Citizen to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Skellybones posted:

I think they lower or raise the artificial floor after a sales spike so that it's less noticable.

The graph really does behave in a very strange way. CIG have some how worked out how to get backers to perfectly spread out their purchases so that they buy almost exactly the same value of stuff every day. Not only that, but the perfectly spread purchases precisely double after the sale.

I'm not sure how you achieve this without some form of mind control.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I missed the ele, what page does the good stuff start?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Fumble posted:

Page 4000

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Always two weeks

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

On June 2,2016 at 5:16 am est , skynet became aware

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Just saying we need the Walrus before we reach 4000
We cannot get there without him
He deserves it

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chalks posted:

The graph really does behave in a very strange way. CIG have some how worked out how to get backers to perfectly spread out their purchases so that they buy almost exactly the same value of stuff every day. Not only that, but the perfectly spread purchases precisely double after the sale.

I'm not sure how you achieve this without some form of mind control.

That would explain a lot :shrug:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Fumble posted:

Page 4000 friend.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Cash Is Gone :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Dr. Sandi Gardiner
Derek Smart, Gamedev