Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Could be. I don't know why he's drinking out of a bottle of washing up liquid, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Is this supposed to look like a dick or is this a pro tier cover up?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Heath posted:

Is this supposed to look like a dick or is this a pro tier cover up?

Either way, that flamingo should really do something about that rash on its balls. Looks painful.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

1 eye on U, 1 eye on mah beer and 2 on mah freedom

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

1 eye on U, 1 eye on mah beer and 2 on mah freedom

This is the best description.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Four eyes for a five head

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Four eyes for a five head

What a great new picture. I'm glad you posted it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Best infinity tatt I've seen yet.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Trent posted:

piza forever

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

This thread made me realize that the tattoo I got with my friend (Thor's Hammer Mjonir) by this dude who was a literal prison tattoo artist for AN before I went to Iraq isn't nearly as bad as it could have been. The friend and I got matching tats cause if something happened we wanted the other to tell the story or whatever. Matching tats are gay but whatever, we have been friends for over a decade and figured it was alright.

The artist kept me hosed up on beer, pot and cocaine the entire time and I barely felt it. Considering the scar tissue, it could have been a lot worse. He said he only had a #3 needle which I don't know what that means, but I guess it means he couldn't do small work or something? It's years old at this point, but:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I hope you were clear headed enough to say "NO HOMO" at least every ten minutes

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

His girlfriend or whatever was there to help make sure dude didn't get American History X on me. Speaking of, he had a swastika tattoo just like Norton. It was rad seeing something like that up close, not because of what it represents or anything but racist tattoos are by and far rarer and to see one up close and hear the story behind it was interesting. Especially since he did it in prison to himself and it looked really good in terms of quality. He claims he got it so he didn't get killed, dude didn't seem racist to me, but then again I didn't have a swastika tattooed on my chest either. He's not going to bother getting it removed, it's just kind of there on his chest amidst other various ones. Like a "Where's Waldo?" But if it took up a quarter of the page. Seeing his prison tats and not noticing any scars from infections or whatever kinda helped sway my decision. I'm sure the other stuff helped too.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Trent posted:

You're welcome.

The following tattoo is rated TV-MA-SV. It is specifically designed to be viewed by adults and therefore may be unsuitable for children under 17

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/kQRO6KF.jpg

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Too bad it's uneven.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Kulkasha posted:

Too bad it's uneven.

an unstable ink for an unstable man

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think you'll find that it's his head that's uneven.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I hate to tell you this, but getting a Thor's Hammer tattoo from a guy with a huge swastika on his chest is one of the biggest white supremacy things you can do. It's actually a fairly recognizable neo-nazi icon these days. I'm sure you're not a nazi, but you might have to answer some awkward questions.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

trapped mouse posted:

I hate to tell you this, but getting a Thor's Hammer tattoo from a guy with a huge swastika on his chest is one of the biggest white supremacy things you can do. It's actually a fairly recognizable neo-nazi icon these days. I'm sure you're not a nazi, but you might have to answer some awkward questions.

He can probably turn it into a Liberty Bell or old-school AT&T logo without too much trouble at least.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

trapped mouse posted:

I just assumed it was a clever troll because I couldn't imagine a real human being getting a Celtic tattoo from White Power Lars without asking some critical questions. :shrug:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Also, this

trapped mouse posted:

I hate to tell you this

is probably not actually true.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Sometimes when I see an 88 tattoo I like to pretend they are Dale Earnhardt fans.

It's usually a 50/50 shot of being a nazi though.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I just assumed it was a clever troll because I couldn't imagine a real human being getting a Celtic tattoo from White Power Lars without asking some critical questions. :shrug:

Did you miss that part where he said he was enlisted?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Norse imagery isn't inherently racist and I know that modern Asatru adherents are super frustrated by racists co-opting their heritage. Pretty sure this guy is a troll though, he's too clueless to be true.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Beastie posted:

Sometimes when I see an 88 tattoo I like to pretend they are Dale Earnhardt fans.

It's usually a 50/50 shot of being a nazi though.

Now now; it could be both.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Soulex posted:

This thread made me realize that the tattoo I got with my friend (Thor's Hammer Mjonir) by this dude who was a literal prison tattoo artist for AN before I went to Iraq isn't nearly as bad as it could have been. The friend and I got matching tats cause if something happened we wanted the other to tell the story or whatever. Matching tats are gay but whatever, we have been friends for over a decade and figured it was alright.

The artist kept me hosed up on beer, pot and cocaine the entire time and I barely felt it. Considering the scar tissue, it could have been a lot worse. He said he only had a #3 needle which I don't know what that means, but I guess it means he couldn't do small work or something? It's years old at this point, but:

Under those circumstances it could have turned out way worse. And it looks like it could be easily filled in or added on to if you ever wanted to change it so that's good.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Deified Data posted:

Norse imagery isn't inherently racist and I know that modern Asatru adherents are super frustrated by racists co-opting their heritage. Pretty sure this guy is a troll though, he's too clueless to be true.

It falls under the same category as the swastika in the western world. You could explain for hours how it's a holy symbol because you're hindu or buddist or whatever but everyone's gonna think you're a nazi as soon as they see it anyway so why bother.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I actually had no idea about Norse symbols and white power till I went to a mandatory equal opportunity class in the army. The guy teaching it even set me up by asking if anyone had a Norse tattoo. I raised my hand and a couple others did too. The instructor then went on a "Norweigan Symbols = bad and racist." Block of instruction. Sucks for it to be associated with that.

The reason I got it was because around that time my dad told me the history of our family, that he was adopted and his parents were immigrants from Norway. He tried reaching out to them, well the mother anyways and was told never to contact her again. So I got something Norwegian that kinda helped link me back to where the family started. My friend got it with me cause he liked the idea and thought of each other as family. Still do.

I didn't know much about prison tats or whatever until later on in life and saw this documentary about Russians prison tattoos and it sounded pretty interesting.

That's all. Not racist. I don't know what you would call a pack of specific knowledge in an area like that but I had it about tattoos until I read this thread and some of the last.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Foxhound posted:

It falls under the same category as the swastika in the western world. You could explain for hours how it's a holy symbol because you're hindu or buddist or whatever but everyone's gonna think you're a nazi as soon as they see it anyway so why bother.
I feel like telling people you have Thor's hammer for a tattoo these days will just get you some nerd cred from the Marvel fans and anyone else won't really give a poo poo because they probably don't read too deeply into a lovely tattoo that's pretty incoherent without an explanation

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I had a couple classes in college with a guy who got a full sleeve of Viking poo poo before finding out about it being used by racists. So he did the reasonable thing and got a swastika on his chest with the red circle-with-line over it. Guess what it looks like from a distance.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Soulex posted:

I actually had no idea about Norse symbols and white power till I went to a mandatory equal opportunity class in the army. The guy teaching it even set me up by asking if anyone had a Norse tattoo. I raised my hand and a couple others did too. The instructor then went on a "Norweigan Symbols = bad and racist." Block of instruction. Sucks for it to be associated with that.

The reason I got it was because around that time my dad told me the history of our family, that he was adopted and his parents were immigrants from Norway. He tried reaching out to them, well the mother anyways and was told never to contact her again. So I got something Norwegian that kinda helped link me back to where the family started. My friend got it with me cause he liked the idea and thought of each other as family. Still do.

I didn't know much about prison tats or whatever until later on in life and saw this documentary about Russians prison tattoos and it sounded pretty interesting.

That's all. Not racist. I don't know what you would call a pack of specific knowledge in an area like that but I had it about tattoos until I read this thread and some of the last.

How did you not pop for your piss test?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

How did you not pop for your piss test?

I did before going in.

I grew up near racists and all that poo poo while living in the south but never encountered nor heard of those symbols being used. Most racism I saw was super passive aggressive until it reached a boiling point. Never tattoos.

My graduating class was super small. Like 18 small if that tells you anything. Not being exposed to that poo poo is what's to blame, not ignorance of a matter by getting high.

EDit: man, I just came in here to post a story, not get loving called out over some weird bullshit.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

quote:

mjölnir=literally swastika
America was a mistake

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Soulex posted:

His girlfriend or whatever was there to help make sure dude didn't get American History X on me. Speaking of, he had a swastika tattoo just like Norton. It was rad seeing something like that up close, not because of what it represents or anything but racist tattoos are by and far rarer and to see one up close and hear the story behind it was interesting. Especially since he did it in prison to himself and it looked really good in terms of quality. He claims he got it so he didn't get killed, dude didn't seem racist to me, but then again I didn't have a swastika tattooed on my chest either. He's not going to bother getting it removed, it's just kind of there on his chest amidst other various ones. Like a "Where's Waldo?" But if it took up a quarter of the page. Seeing his prison tats and not noticing any scars from infections or whatever kinda helped sway my decision. I'm sure the other stuff helped too.

We had a guy last year who came to my crane training institute for certification, and he was covered in tattoos. The first one to catch my eye was that about 2/3 of his neck was turned into a Confederate flag. Looking at him closer, I think I counted at least 5 visible swastikas (ranging from a dagger with a swastika on the pommel to a lovely little one made of red lines) and the Mjolnir one. The only other one I remember clearly was an AK of some sort.

I looked him up and was totally unsurprised to find out that he was "the Swamp Nazi", a member of American Front who was arrested down in St. Cloud after an informant infiltrated the group and discovered that they were hanging out at a compound collecting guns to try and start a race war. The first step of their plan was to use concealed weapons hidden in protest signs to attack an anti-racist skinhead protest.

He was quite personable.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Soulex posted:

EDit: man, I just came in here to post a story, not get loving called out over some weird bullshit.

Welcome to PYF, aka budget-GBS.

That's a pretty sweet-lookin' hammer, anyway.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

chitoryu12 posted:

He was quite personable.

Even Hitler had a girlfriend

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Even Hitler had a girlfriend

He was very charming, apparently!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

RickVoid posted:

Welcome to PYF, aka budget-GBS.

That's a pretty sweet-lookin' hammer, anyway.

Cheers.

Someone mentioned that the absence of scar tissue would have been better and they were impressed that the ink didn't bleed on the tissue itself. They said it's kind of like dropping a thing of food coloring in a glass of water as opposed to paper or some poo poo. basically a small dot could turn into a smudge.

I only have one tattoo really left that I plan on getting but it's going to be a project for whomever I hire. I know from here that I can just walk away if I'm not satisfied too, which is good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

If you want primo bad tattoos take a trip to Santa Claus Indiana. Holiday World has all the 30 year old poorly inked Tasmanian Devils you could ask for.

I'm talking brand tattoos out the ying-yang all done by their cousin who is on probation.

I'm talking Monster, Ford, Dekalb Corn, it's all there on the most over-tanned over-fed flesh imaginable.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Beastie posted:

If you want primo bad tattoos take a trip to Santa Claus Indiana. Holiday World has all the 30 year old poorly inked Tasmanian Devils you could ask for.

I'm talking brand tattoos out the ying-yang all done by their cousin who is on probation.

I'm talking Monster, Ford, Dekalb Corn, it's all there on the most over-tanned over-fed flesh imaginable.

This true. loving Holiday World. Everyone in Louisville and Indiana rave about that place, but it's really Kind depressing for a theme park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

10 Beers posted:

This true. loving Holiday World. Everyone in Louisville and Indiana rave about that place, but it's really Kind depressing for a theme park.

Free soda and sunscreen! How can you go wrong?