Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Simulacra posted:

I'd appreciate something like this since I've been thinking about getting into it.

Sure, just hit me up on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BattleHamster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

can you remap it at the system level to inputs that dont do anything like the triggers (with macros disabled) ?

Not AFAIK, because it's a Vita game.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 2, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemon-Lime posted:

Not AFAIK, because it's a vita game.

Vita allows remapping its in the settings somewhere. I dont remember how many things they let you change though. They definitely dont let you remap the touch screen for some reason

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Vita allows remapping its in the settings somewhere. I dont remember how many things they let you change though. They definitely dont let you remap the touch screen for some reason

Oh, hey, it's in accessibility settings.

It's annoying to swap back and forth but it looks like I can remap LS to RS at least, and that has nothing bound to it in LB2. Thanks!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Lemon-Lime posted:

I still really wish there was a way to disable the thumbstick on Vita fighting games so it doesn't get in the way of the d-pad while playing Last Blade 2. :(

oh dang does it play ok otherwise? i got it on ps4 and it's great

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh dang does it play ok otherwise? i got it on ps4 and it's great

Other than that it seems pretty much perfect on Vita, yeah. Really easy to read even on that small a screen.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 2, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Other than that it seems pretty much perfect on Vita, yeah. Really easy to read even on that small a screen.

yeah it seems like it's a perfect fit for it. bums me out b/c i really liked the vita, especially the really fantastic umvc3 port

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 2, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
My only annoyance is that select is pause, so to change training settings you have to hit select, pick the menu option called "Select" that tells the game "no, I wanted to press select," then do the same thing again to dismiss the menu. :v:

It's crossplay (at least on UK PSN) so if you still have your Vita, try it out. It's only a couple hundred MB, too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

My only annoyance is that select is pause, so to change training settings you have to hit select, pick the menu option called "Select" that tells the game "no, I wanted to press select," then do the same thing again to dismiss the menu. :v:

It's crossplay (at least on UK PSN) so if you still have your Vita, try it out. It's only a couple hundred MB, too.

oh yeah i grabbed it already and played it on my ps4, i know i got the vita version too but i've been lazy

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I wonder if the multiplayer is cross-platform.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

I wonder if the multiplayer is cross-platform.

yeah, it's crossplay. which is good because otherwise the vita mp would be immediately dead

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah, it's crossplay. which is good because otherwise the vita mp would be immediately dead

That owns.

I hope we get more Neo Geo rereleases like it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Didn't they add input lag on purpose to this LB2 release so online and offline would be about the same? That's what I heard.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

Didn't they add input lag on purpose to this LB2 release so online and offline would be about the same? That's what I heard.

Its just a rom of the neogeo game. Also it plays amazingly smooth even cross country.

The story you tell is the rumor about street fighter 5 lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been playing LB2 online most days and as long I get a match with ~30ms or less ping (imagine that! Being able to see your opponents ping!) I don't notice any issues.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Real hurthling! posted:

Its just a rom of the neogeo game. Also it plays amazingly smooth even cross country.

The story you tell is the rumor about street fighter 5 lol

Rumor?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nice :cool:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
FChamp recently ranted on stream how online players aren't poo poo because online SFV doesn't mirror offline play. He was saying this because he kept getting bodied online by top online players.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Mad Catz pulled their yearly profits to a $11.6 million loss due to Rock Band 4 flopping.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

FChamp recently ranted on stream how online players aren't poo poo because online SFV doesn't mirror offline play. He was saying this because he kept getting bodied online by top online players.

He kind of has a point. Arturo is (was?) #1 online player and he played online all goddamn day, but he has been getting blown up in tournaments.

Infiltration plays training by himself all day and bodies everyone in tournament.

E: Primarily I think the problem is that if you play that much online, eventually you will body 99% of players you run into and will never be forced to elevate yourself. This isn't SF4 where you can grind out setplay and top 8 tournaments off it C. Viper style.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

He kind of has a point. Arturo is (was?) #1 online player and he played online all goddamn day, but he has been getting blown up in tournaments.

Infiltration plays training by himself all day and bodies everyone in tournament.

Eh, Art is old and a veritable choker, also considering him an online player is a bit disingenious even if he's playing online a LOT now.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

Eh, Art is old and a veritable choker, also considering him an online player is a bit disingenious even if he's playing online a LOT now.

He's definitely not an online only player, my point is that being ranked #1 online has turned out to not mean much when it comes to winning tourneys, and it may even be holding him back.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

He's definitely not an online only player, my point is that being ranked #1 online has turned out to not mean much when it comes to winning tourneys, and it may even be holding him back.

It really doesn't, but I think the worse it can do if you actively search for good opponents is to make you complacent. As you've mentioned, Infiltration basically sits in training mode all day figuring out poo poo, and from what I understood it's not like he gets a lot of offline play either. He just knows what he's aiming for, or what he needs to change, or that he's fuckin' Infiltration and kind of a special little snowflake.

Plus, you can always pick Mika if you're not gonna play other people, hehe.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
I think it is easier to believe that champ is a huge baby.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Munsun posted:

I think it is easier to believe that champ is a huge baby.

There's a lot of evidence to support this

Electromax
May 6, 2007
A good training mode session is like tending a little zen garden in your mind.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did anyone get Koihime Enbu on PC? How is it as a port?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't even think that Rock Band 4 flopped for Harmonix, Mad Catz just made an overwhelming amount of plastic instruments.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr E posted:

I don't even think that Rock Band 4 flopped for Harmonix, Mad Catz just made an overwhelming amount of plastic instruments.

after the last crash they should have only agreed to build more instruments if harmonix and their publisher would pay them upfront. going in as a partner on the sales of that garbage is the stupidest thing they could have done. no one wants to play those games except the whales that are thousands of dollars in already

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

after the last crash they should have only agreed to build more instruments if harmonix and their publisher would pay them upfront. going in as a partner on the sales of that garbage is the stupidest thing they could have done. no one wants to play those games except the whales that are thousands of dollars in already

Agreed, I think MC made an unbelievably stupid decision with foreseeable results.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I've never played any of the other versions so I have nothing to compare it too, but it runs very well on my comp. Also, it's made by M2, probably the most technically competent porting company in all of Asia.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Lemon-Lime posted:

Haven't watched it yet, but these guys played it for about half an hour.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bhsman posted:

Haven't watched it yet, but these guys played it for about half an hour.

Yeah, I'm watching the Fisticuffs video now, but their copy appears to be an imported PS4 copy. All the menus are in Japanese.

FanaticalMilk posted:

I've never played any of the other versions so I have nothing to compare it too, but it runs very well on my comp. Also, it's made by M2, probably the most technically competent porting company in all of Asia.

Cool, good to know, thanks.

I'm debating picking it up, how's the population? Minuscule I imagine, but still. :v:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey last blade 2 on vita is dope, just wanted to say that

also i got my cabinet in

please excuse my poo poo decal placement and messy garage

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
put a good game on it instead

Danny Glover
Nov 7, 2011
Even though it's sf5, that's dope as hell.

Also, after having to deal with madcatz support on any issue over the last 4 (?) months or so I have to say: gently caress them, I'm glad they're probably going out of business

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey last blade 2 on vita is dope, just wanted to say that

also i got my cabinet in

please excuse my poo poo decal placement and messy garage

whoa awesome

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

btw i put the movelist on the control panel

i did it as best as i could to look uniform and tried to get as high res an image as possible to get it. had to shrink text here and there to get it to fit, but i was just trying to make as close to an official sfv cab as i could, since capcom isnt making one

its not that i like sfv that much (it's alright, i get the bitching but i've played more broken games for a lot longer and i still have fun learning it), but rather when i was a kid and playing COTA or MVC1 and having the wild dream of owning the newest hot arcade game and never having to wait for quarter up

still it's a lot of fun so far, playing sfv on it is an absolute hoot

im building a PC box and setting up hyperspin on it at the moment, it runs ki maxed out so it'll play everything ok. have no more fun money so i'm gonna wait a long while and then try to set up aimtrak guns for all the time crisis games and stuff. im pretty sure you could map the pedal to a rock band drum pedal for the cover

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

btw i put the movelist on the control panel

That's pretty cool but what are you gonna do when all the DLC characters make your movelists incomplete??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

That's pretty cool but what are you gonna do when all the DLC characters make your movelists incomplete??

not give a poo poo since i only put on the original cast

outdated and incorrect signage adds to that real arcade feel