Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene
We'll get to the bottom of the missing Deluxe editions for people, don't worry.

Meanwhile, I have just been informed that we launched Brigador on National Gun Violence Awareness Day.

I hope you have been made more acutely aware. Like of the right firing arc for a Gutterball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm completely fine with only having the soundtrack download on humble. :)

(I'm not one of the Steam deluxe edition buyers, though.)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Welp, I guess it's time to finally put my money where my drat mouth is and buy this dumb game.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

anthony patch posted:

But yeah, whatever happens we just need to consolidate around a single thread.

Also, check it out mofos: http://makeupandvanityset.bandcamp.com/album/brigador-vol-i

That is one amazing record and, considering how much I've enjoyed playing the game and listening to the soundtrack, I'm really tempted. It's just a shame shipping and handling is almost twice as expensive as the actual record and that's really harshing my buzz. I'll still keep it in mind of course so maybe I'll buy it when I get my next paycheck!

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

anthony patch posted:

Looking into it right now. Those of you guys who've had isssues, can you tell me exactly when you bought a copy, from where, etc. ?

On Steam, 29th of May this year. Profile name [FOR]YourAmusement.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
Thank you, Gods of IGN Espaņol, for this sterling review:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

anthony patch posted:

Thank you, Gods of IGN Espaņol, for this sterling review:

Can I pay and change your username to "Stellar Cowbow"?

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Johnny Truant posted:

Can I pay and change your username to "Stellar Cowbow"?

Fully in English. Technically terse.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

gauss posted:

We'll get to the bottom of the missing Deluxe editions for people, don't worry.

Meanwhile, I have just been informed that we launched Brigador on National Gun Violence Awareness Day.
Do your part to end gun violence through liberal use of the stomp button and audio-kinetic pulses.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gauss posted:

Fully in English. Technically terse.

"Technically quite terse," so I guess you guys had Google set to translate into English instead of American. :v:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Congratulations on release day guys. If I lived a bit closer to Champaign I'd buy you all celebratory beers. Instead, you'll just have to pretend.

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

anthony patch posted:

Looking into it right now. Those of you guys who've had isssues, can you tell me exactly when you bought a copy, from where, etc. ?

Humble Store 4/29/14

EDIT: Oh crap, yeah it shows "Thanks for purchasing Brigador + OST & Audiobook!" on Humble. Just doesn't match that on Steam. No biggie.

Gooble Rampling fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 2, 2016

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

anthony patch posted:

Steam, October 17, 2015. But it's a bit late, I kinda made the erroneous assumption that, because I hadn't received the OST with the game, you guys weren't offering the OST to preorders and it didn't occur to me that there might be an error on Steams end, but I really really wanted the soundtrack so uh... enjoy your extra :10bux: I guess?

Edit: Though as things currently stand I can't really justify it. Guess I'll try and get a refund for the soundtrack, sorry.

MShadowy fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jun 2, 2016

Orv
May 4, 2011
Dec 22nd, 2015 on Steam here, don't have the stuff, but don't rush yourselves about it.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
look at how fuckin' good this game is. its absurd.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm in the no OST camp, though my key was provided via Humble a long while back. let's see...

Humble says August 12. 2015 for "Brigador +OST & Audiobook". Steam activation list says the 11th (Time traveling key activation?). Though I doubt it was labeled with the audio stuff until recently.

Interestingly, on my Humble page, the "Click here for your steam key" button is there. I'm just going to hold off on clicking that for now.

Either way, don't kill yourselves over it. You have a game launch to deal with, which kinda takes priority over sorting the soundtracks.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

MShadowy posted:

Steam, October 17, 2015. But it's a bit late, I kinda made the erroneous assumption that, because I hadn't received the OST with the game, you guys weren't offering the OST to preorders and it didn't occur to me that there might be an error on Steams end, but I really really wanted the soundtrack so uh... enjoy your extra :10bux: I guess?

Edit: Though as things currently stand I can't really justify it. Guess I'll try and get a refund for the soundtrack, sorry.

If you haven't sent the refund through, I've generated keys for the OST+audiobook to give to people who are weathering whatever this weird thing is with busted Deluxe editions. I'm confident we'll solve it, but there's no reason that you guys should have to wait.

DM me @gausswerks on twitter, or PM me on here if you can and I'll hook you up. I'll be trawling through the thread and PMing keys to people that have had trouble with this.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene
Section Z, Orv, MShadowy, Gooble, Lemon Lime, check your PMs, you've got a key waiting for you.

Psykmoe, you aren't capable of receiving PMs but I am pretty sure you messaged me on Twitter, so I'll send you one there.

Hope people are enjoying the game. How far into the campaign has anyone gotten?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I've gotten nowhere! Cause I'm still at work. :smith:

I'll PM you a SS of my EA steam purchase when I get home.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
You have to love a game that gently encourages you to dump your remaining ammo into whatever infrastructure and fleeing locals happen to be nearby before leaving the map. A Brigador with rounds in the feed is a lazy Brigador.

Also last night while playing a tank with optic camo in one of the story missions I ran out of ammo after I blasted the depots, so I ended up sneaking around the rest of the mission then bursting out on unsuspecting baddies, like a mix between Kool-aid Man and Predator.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
This is strangely demanding for a game that apes off of twenty+ year old games.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I'm gonna wait on picking this up until I have a little more in the bank account, but I definitely want the soundtrack and audiobook.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Gamerofthegame posted:

This is strangely demanding for a game that apes off of twenty+ year old games.

Is it though, or have we all been lulled into complacency, softness by years of QTEs and nancy boy tutorials? Every minute I stay on Steam, I get weaker, and every minute Spacer squats around the explosive pipes, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around the walls moved in a little tighter. What was I saying?

Anyway, the isometric angle was at first an expedient. We never played Desert Strike or Futurecop, though we did play Crusader and Syndicate a lot, and some of the early version of the game resembled those more.

But I would say the sort of mental load that the game requires is definitely coming from some of our favorite games of the 90's. I would say in its own way Brigador is analogous to games like Tie Fighter, where you have a kind of essential and nominally simple task of clearing enemies in front of you, but that we want you spinning plates in order to truly excel. You have to master your environment, the weapons, how much aggro they pull, what kind of penetration or firing arc they have. Target prioritization.

So yeah, to play well, Brigador does demand quite a lot from you, but I think if anything that is more like the old timey ways than most games we have now.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I think he meant graphically demanding. :v:

Also, thanks for the PM. :tipshat:

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I think he meant graphically demanding. :v:

Also, thanks for the PM. :tipshat:

Oh. Well uh. 20 year old games didn't have full dynamic lighting now did they!

And you're welcome.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
My 2013 Lenovo with Intel graphics runs this game just fine, somehow.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

His answer was more interesting anyway :v:

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Those Party Van loadouts in the campaign are just cruelty :negative:

gauss posted:

Psykmoe, you aren't capable of receiving PMs but I am pretty sure you messaged me on Twitter, so I'll send you one there.

Thanks, I got it now.

One oddity, even after restarting, the OST and audiobook don't show up in my steam Library under music, or anywhere - but after entering the code you sent me, it did download properly, and the files are there in the dlc folder in the game directory, so maybe steam's interface is just slow catching up? The Store now certainly tells me I do own the OST/audiobook, and I can just listen to them manually, no idea why my library isn't cooperating for the moment :shrug:

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 3, 2016

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I... am not sure If I'm in the camp of "Don't buy the soundtrack/audiobook because you'll get it free."? :v: I bought no frills Brigador as soon as it hit EA, does that count?

Not that I'm fussed if I have to pay for it, I'm just checking here. :haw:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I bought this on October 20th 2015 (and wish I'd bought it sooner!) and I see the update (164MB), I'll let it download and if it doesn't show the soundtrack (despite my account page saying it should) I'll post in here again.

Can't wait to krump some Nobre-heads :v:

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

proud of my friend for making this good as h!ck game :cheerdoge:

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS
is freelance intentionally 80% corvid, 20% spacer and loyalist free? outside of the campaign i haven't run into any loyalist enemies

also this game is real good ya'll

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Loyalists are coming, they read the release date wrong and are racing down the highway half-dressed going 20 over the limit

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gauss posted:

Section Z, Orv, MShadowy, Gooble, Lemon Lime, check your PMs, you've got a key waiting for you.

Sorted, thanks a lot. :)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Purchased the game on steam 10/22/2015, am I supposed to have a soundtrack?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

gauss posted:

Hope people are enjoying the game. How far into the campaign has anyone gotten?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

And a preemptive apology for :salt: over Kamikaze enemies. I've been juggling assorted things and still need to get a good look at all the cool improvements and changes since the first test mission in EA.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Even after the release update I'm not seeing my soundtrack. :(

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the Koenig oh my goodness :3:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Just bought your game, though I probably won't manage to play it until tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

gauss posted:

Yeah, everything seems to be sorted now; thanks for the help.