Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Bought.

Recently my mp3 player is full of game soundtracks. All that Synthwave stuff from games like Hotline Miami or Kung Fury is just too great. And the Brigador soundtrack is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Scratch that, I ended up playing the tutorial levels (I died twice on the tank tutorial, twice on the antigrav :negative:), the first real mission, and started a freeplay run, whereupon I walked into an ammo station and got shot to death immediately after.

Oddly enough, my most successful play--the first actual campaign level--was as the powersuit. Anyway, I hadn't realized there was so much content! I thought that the campaign was the Freelance but turns out there's 40+ maps in this drat game. I'm gonna be busy for a while...

By the way, one not-exactly-a-bug: the antigrav tutorial describes it as having active camo when it actually has the EMP bombs. I figure it's because it uses the preset which actually does use camo in the actual game but still, figured I might as well be a pedant.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 3, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hammerstein posted:

Bought.

Recently my mp3 player is full of game soundtracks. All that Synthwave stuff from games like Hotline Miami or Kung Fury is just too great. And the Brigador soundtrack is fantastic.

Perturbator's Miami Disco from Hotline Miami is my jam.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I feel the infantry/civilians should leave blood splatters on the ground when exploded/stomped. :colbert:
Really enjoying the campaign but gently caress "the void repeats" forever

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Jose Mengelez posted:

I feel the infantry/civilians should leave blood splatters on the ground when exploded/stomped. :colbert:
Really enjoying the campaign but gently caress "the void repeats" forever

Seeing a little crimson spurt from beneath a mech's foot as you stomp down on a civ would be amusing.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

A dude in army regalia gave me a code at PAX East, and holy gently caress this game is great.

There's something serene about blowing up useless ammo dumps to kill some bunched up baddies :allears:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Those cards were stylish as hell. The positioning of the booth, not so great...

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Just posting to say that I bought the game directly from Steam on Oct 16th, and didn't get the soundtrack + audiobook either.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

dyzzy posted:

Those cards were stylish as hell. The positioning of the booth, not so great...

I'm going to be honest, I never saw the booth. This was at a party and I was getting very drunk, which made the outfit more magnificent.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Insert name here posted:

Just posting to say that I bought the game directly from Steam on Oct 16th, and didn't get the soundtrack + audiobook either.

Same here, thought it might have just been a system glitch but I suppose I might as well inform the thread.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

anthony patch posted:

Those of you guys who've had isssues, can you tell me exactly when you bought a copy, from where, etc. ?
Colonel Mustard, Dec 28 on Steam, with the Autocannon, 40mm, 'Lead Pipe'

It's good. I'm terrible at isometric tank controls, but I'm still having a blast. In multiple ways.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
You guys can't just design a mech as cool looking as the Gehenna and then not let me pilot it around :argh:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

game owns but seriously gently caress those little floaty-explodey guys, I DON'T need their shithead-selves running up to me and popping me while I'm busy with all the other explosions and stompings and what-have-yous

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Everything about Glorybox is hilarious.

Joy Bus/Hell Ride is kind of evil. I should have known with how reassuring the contract was. I figured there was a catch I just didn't guess how many. First you have to weave through an armada of kamikazes, the depots are on the opposite side of the map, and finally they're probably not going to give you enough ammo to shoot down all the bastards and kill your target. You have to use your thinker and get decent at piloting. I do enjoy how different it is from the other maps.

I seem to have the soundtrack+book bug as well, Steam Oct. 16 2015

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

I have the audiobook/soundtrack on Humble but not on Steam. I bought it on Humble on 4/28/14.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

haha this game owns

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

haha this game owns

it really does. It rewards playing carefully, but everything is so viscerally satisfying.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I was going to complain about the default heavy weapon unlock being some boring ballistics weapon, like the kraken.

https://my.mixtape.moe/hjpnit.webm

I'd forgotten which gun the kraken is. :allears:

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Mordja posted:

By the way, one not-exactly-a-bug: the antigrav tutorial describes it as having active camo when it actually has the EMP bombs. I figure it's because it uses the preset which actually does use camo in the actual game but still, figured I might as well be a pedant.

I'll be posting the v1.01 update today that'll fix a lot of this stuff.

Also, we think we've figured out the problem with the OSTs-- any of you guys on here get a beta key from us before the game launched? If so can you see if the OST is downloading now?

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

anthony patch posted:

I'll be posting the v1.01 update today that'll fix a lot of this stuff.

Also, we think we've figured out the problem with the OSTs-- any of you guys on here get a beta key from us before the game launched? If so can you see if the OST is downloading now?

Mine hasn't yet updated to include the OST.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Just checked my purchase history and it does say Brigador + OST and Audiobook. Maybe I'm looking for them in the wrong place, are they supposed to show on the main game page?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Brigador: like a mix between Kool-aid Man and Predator

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Technically I was gifted this game on Humble Store through a code on 4/28/14, does that matter?

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Skyscraper posted:

Technically I was gifted this game on Humble Store through a code on 4/28/14, does that matter?

Yes that means you've it a beta key for which we applied the fix. Click on Brigador in your steam library and check whether it says you own the DLC or not.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

RangerKarl posted:

Just checked my purchase history and it does say Brigador + OST and Audiobook. Maybe I'm looking for them in the wrong place, are they supposed to show on the main game page?

The albums should show up in your music library, though you might have to manually start the download.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

anthony patch posted:

The albums should show up in your music library, though you might have to manually start the download.

Hmm, I don't see that at all in the Music list. I'll delete the old install and redownload the files, see if that helps.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

RangerKarl posted:

Hmm, I don't see that at all in the Music list. I'll delete the old install and redownload the files, see if that helps.

Keep me posted. The brain trust is still asleep, and they're the ones with the actual know-how to solve it.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

anthony patch posted:

Yes that means you've it a beta key for which we applied the fix. Click on Brigador in your steam library and check whether it says you own the DLC or not.

It doesn't, and there isn't a DLC tab on my entry, either on the right click menu or under properties.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
FWIW I've had a beta dlc key on steam and I finally see the dlc folder in the game directory. Something happened?

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

anthony patch posted:

Keep me posted. The brain trust is still asleep, and they're the ones with the actual know-how to solve it.

Hmm, gave it the old college try, still no go here.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Apparently the cause has been determined and a general fix is on the way.

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/03/brigador-review/#more-371533

Alec seemed to like it well enough.

Also, hopefully we'll have all this OST business sorted out by tonight.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

god drat this game is hard. i keep getting wasted on the second lot of missions after the tutorial.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

anthony patch posted:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/03/brigador-review/#more-371533

Alec seemed to like it well enough.

Also, hopefully we'll have all this OST business sorted out by tonight.

An option to display ammo and health nearer the centre of the screen would be pretty great for people playing at higher resolutions, though. Also, some kind of big warning when you're out of shields. :)

Orv
May 4, 2011

gauss posted:

Section Z, Orv, MShadowy, Gooble, Lemon Lime, check your PMs, you've got a key waiting for you.

Very cool, thank you.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
The only mission that's given me trouble is the first one you can use the Treehouse, and only as the Treehouse. It's loadout seems so utterly poo poo; an ammo hungry secondary with a primary that has a tendency to blow up the ammo drops from enemies because it lingers too long while somehow also dealing way too little damage to be worth it, paired with a vehicle that is terribly slow, and with equipment that just blows up the cover you desperately need because you can't get away fast. That entire loadout seems absolutely ill-conceived but gently caress if I know, maybe I'm just terrible with it in particular :v:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

The only mission that's given me trouble is the first one you can use the Treehouse, and only as the Treehouse. It's loadout seems so utterly poo poo; an ammo hungry secondary with a primary that has a tendency to blow up the ammo drops from enemies because it lingers too long while somehow also dealing way too little damage to be worth it, paired with a vehicle that is terribly slow, and with equipment that just blows up the cover you desperately need because you can't get away fast. That entire loadout seems absolutely ill-conceived but gently caress if I know, maybe I'm just terrible with it in particular :v:

i am just very bad at video games, but it's a good sign that even though i'm getting pasted i'm loving every second of it.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Lemon-Lime posted:

An option to display ammo and health nearer the centre of the screen would be pretty great for people playing at higher resolutions, though. Also, some kind of big warning when you're out of shields. :)

We are working on including a HUD/UI scaling option soon to help address this, hopefully should be feasible.

While I agree that a sound cue would be the best for helping you realize you're out of shields, you do have a visual indicator: the small blue orbs circling your vehicle (and enemy vehicles when they have their shields raised, actually) indicate you still have shields, and if they are brighter blue and faster it's because your shields are overcharged.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Metal Health is unquestionably the first real difficulty spike in the game. I recommend the Killdozer for that mission, Treehouse seems like it would be an easy way to beat it but it requires some fairly high level play. Regardless of your loadout, take it slow, don't aggro more enemies without dispatching the ones already alerted to your presence. unless you're playing the Rounder; the railgun is so loud you need to strike and then kite away while cloaked.

The Ploughman (chem launcher) does often deny you ammo pickup,, but it has incredible crowd control and area denial capabilities. Your secondary (Koenig iirc?) is very much like the GAU-8 it was modeled on. Your temptation will be to just hold down the button, but that's how you run out of ammo. Short controlled bursts! Most people seem to hold that button down and walk fire from target to target, wasting most of their shots. Get aimed up and then let off a peal.

Also, from about Metal Health on, constant, strategic use of your special/defensive is crucial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i am just very bad at video games, but it's a good sign that even though i'm getting pasted i'm loving every second of it.

:tipshat: we've tried to make it a real challenge of a game, but one that rewards you for playing well.