Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

peanut- posted:

I think the improvement really just came from switching to a sane and functional formation, rather than having much to do with the particular players that came on.

actually now that I think about it maybe it was wilshire who made the biggest impact. he can actually turn a defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I thought Sturbridge was gash tbh but ofc liverpool fans triumphantly seized on two of their players coming on as evidence they should have started even tho it was just fresh legs against the ten seafood loving men of portufal

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Breath Ray posted:

I thought Sturbridge was gash tbh but ofc liverpool fans triumphantly seized on two of their players coming on as evidence they should have started even tho it was just fresh legs against the ten seafood loving men of portufal

they both got in the box and considered taking a shot. sturridge should have scored too

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The Daily Mail's Euro 2016 team as predicted in 2007

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
John Stones is the new Gavin Hoyte

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

they both got in the box and considered taking a shot. sturridge should have scored too

the first thing he did was miscontrol a pass which went out for a goal kick. luckooly my housemate was on hand to point out he couldn't be expected to control the ball straight away after coming on :rant:

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
#itscominghome

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

its

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

RideTheSpiral posted:

actually now that I think about it maybe it was wilshire who made the biggest impact. he can actually turn a defender

Yeah this, and Rooney actually had a really good spell before going off

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The weirdest thing about it was Roy changed absolutely nothing when Portugal went down to 10 men, he just didn't react at all, while Portugal changed to playing keep ball. That's the sort of inflexibility that'll kill us in a tournament.

I thought the worst England player on the pitch was Millner and I'm still mad as heck that Kane was taking corners and free kicks ffs.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ninpo posted:

The weirdest thing about it was Roy changed absolutely nothing when Portugal went down to 10 men, he just didn't react at all, while Portugal changed to playing keep ball. That's the sort of inflexibility that'll kill us in a tournament.

I thought the worst England player on the pitch was Millner and I'm still mad as heck that Kane was taking corners and free kicks ffs.

i genuinely think Roy has brain damage or soemthing

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Jesus was commenting on the Portuguese channel and he was like "Look at Roy. Look at him. It's like he's watching an opera, he's doing nothing. (laughs) Thank God for that!"

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

peanut- posted:

Lol.

Ben Amos - Bolton, League 1
Sam Hutchinson - Sheffield Wednesday, Championship
Micah Richards - Aston Villa, Championship
Gavin Hoyte - Barnet, League 2
Robbie Threlfall - Free Agent
Dean Parrett - Stevenage, League 2
Michael Johnson - Fat, Retired
James Henry - Wolves, Championship
Theo Walcott - Arsenal, Garbageman
Jose Baxter - Free Agent, Failed two drug tests
Scott Sinclair - Aston Villa, Championship

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ninpo posted:

tbf the point was to see if England could play in that formation, not really to win a meaningless game against 10 men. The red card was useless to everyone.

Though he probably could have figured out that England can't play in that formation before the 70th minute.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peanut- posted:

tbf the point was to see if England could play in that formation, not really to win a meaningless game against 10 men. The red card was useless to everyone.

Though he probably could have figured out that England can't play in that formation before the 70th minute.

Yes I know that, my point is you don't play that sort of formation/personnel against a team that's playing keep ball/playing at being hard to break down. A manager should adapt to the change, it's not inconceivable to think we could end up in that situation in the tournament and it was helpful to no one to continue to gently caress about for as long as they did.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
You can't play Rooney, Alli, Vardy and Kane all at the same time. Someone who's not Rooney needs to be benched

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

RideTheSpiral posted:

i genuinely think Roy has brain damage or soemthing
hodgson is a genius when he's managing a club i don't like

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

You can't play Rooney. Rooney needs to be benched

checks out.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

peanut- posted:

I reckon that team could still do a job in our group #EASY #ich

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The team is imbalanced as gently caress because Owl Face keeps trying to shoehorn all the best players into the side.

It's coming home in the second round.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Ewar Woowar posted:

The team is imbalanced as gently caress because Owl Face keeps trying to shoehorn all the best players into the side.
wow. what a loving idiot!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

peanut- posted:

Still better than the current bunch of English turdmen lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rooney is a mandatory starter haha.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/03/england-wayne-rooney-start-euro-2016-roy-hodgson

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Lol fair play to woy, he's consistent at least

Only way Rooney doesn't play is if he gets injured.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bea Nanner posted:

Roy Hodgson looks like an owl.

Unfortunately, owls don't know how to manage football teams.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

peanut- posted:

He could have used it to practice changing to play against a team with ten men.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

pisshead posted:

He could have used it to practice changing to play against a team with ten men.

Its coming home pissflaps.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Its coming home

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Carrier posted:

Its coming home

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
It's coming

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
football's coming home

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Unofficial England Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4QfN9aqEXU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not his best work

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Jose posted:

not his best work

No, but the starting to cry at the end was a nice touch

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

I'd like to see a song from the Arsenal fan who always makes songs up for Giroud

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqqEi6oGbo

e/ wait I thought this was the new one

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
this is the new one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFElOYdyg8U

http://www.nme.com/news/black-grape/94033

sounds a bit more like the happy mondays

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Didn't see this posted - the FA fought for the england band to be able to bring their instruments into the stadium

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...t-a7072566.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Didn't see this posted - the FA fought for the england band to be able to bring their instruments into the stadium

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...t-a7072566.html

The French are swatting down these terror threats left and right

• Locked thread