Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Man, Akira is next week? He was even stupider than I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's pretty one note and forgettable as a character, but his fight's cool.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm hype for 5 minutes of guitar chat

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where does Rohan Punches a Sixth Grader fit on the timeline, I've forgotten.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Jeez, Highway Star is in the latter third? I always felt it was like in the early middle. Part 4's sequence totally messes with your memory.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Funky Valentine posted:

Where does Rohan Punches a Sixth Grader fit on the timeline, I've forgotten.

That's RPS kid.

I REFUSE/DAGA KOTOWARU is my favorite JoJo meme of all, because Rohan sacrifices his life, not for anyone's sake, but out of sheer spite. Rohan is perfect.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Jeez, Highway Star is in the latter third? I always felt it was like in the early middle. Part 4's sequence totally messes with your memory.

Since part of it is in the docks I always end up thinking for a sec that Highway Star is when Joseph shows up first

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Like if you were to ask me where Ratt exists in the timeline I would've told today between Keicho and Akira despite the fact it's after the latter.

SMDH at you forgetting one of the best fights in the series occurring in the best chunk of DiU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This loving episode.
There are no words.

other than you have to wait to see how act 2 affects the OP because it's not in.
Teases Joseph right at the end. :3

e:
This months JoJolion ad is Tsurugi, and Oku hangs out with Josuke in the store.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 3, 2016

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

That episode was perfect. :)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

lol at Pole Jam tho, i need an explanation on that one.

Glad the episode ended with a Joseph stinger, that'll get anime people even more hyped up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

lol at Pole Jam tho, i need an explanation on that one.

Glad the episode ended with a Joseph stinger, that'll get anime people even more hyped up.

Pearl Jam is a jizz joke.
Pole is a euphemism for dick.

But the real reason is probably just that Pole and Pearl sound similar.

Best boys.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pearl Jam is a jizz joke.
Pole is a euphemism for dick.

But the real reason is probably just that Pole and Pearl sound similar.

Best boys.

Wait, what? how is it a ji- ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well, I guess I learned a valuable lesson today.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

hoobajoo posted:

That's RPS kid.

I REFUSE/DAGA KOTOWARU is my favorite JoJo meme of all, because Rohan sacrifices his life, not for anyone's sake, but out of sheer spite. Rohan is perfect.

Whenever Rohan is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Rohan?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

One thing of note on this cover art is that the silhouette at the bottom is probably Kira and they've made his bangs longer.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Momomo posted:

Man, Akira is next week? He was even stupider than I remember.

My favorite part of his encounter was him showing up in person and letting the cast see what he looked like so that he could avoid Joseph finding out what he looked like.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

translator's note: arrivederci means sayonara

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

One thing of note on this cover art is that the silhouette at the bottom is probably Kira and they've made his bangs longer.

good.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

what are people's episode predictions looking like at this point, anyways? i'm wondering how long RHCP is going to run.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Johnny Joestar posted:

what are people's episode predictions looking like at this point, anyways? i'm wondering how long RHCP is going to run.

I think they can do it in two, but I might be misremembering how long the fight is.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Red Hot Chili Peppers is only eight chapters and the scene with Jotaro and the Speedwagon Foundation dude was part of RHCP right? Yukako was nine chapters so yeah they can totally do this in two.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I'm afraid that's not Kira, but in fact part 4 kakyoin

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

huh, yeah, for some reason i thought RHCP might be longer, but i could definitely see 2 episodes. there's no way they'd be able to stretch it to 3, and i assume that episode 13 will be Joseph Joestar Saves A Baby

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'll come in at two, that ends the cour and leads nicely into the new OP representing the next part of Diamond is Unbreakable. I've really been digging the Shizuka cameos in all the episodes so far, looking forward to her episode.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

no they will not posted:

I'm afraid that's not Kira, but in fact part 4 kakyoin

koinku-chan

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Pearl Jam was Oppal Jam in ASB Localization

Also

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

Seems to still be on schedule for 39 eps total.

Silver2195 posted:

Assuming 39 episodes (and I've never seen anything official explicitly stating it will be), it should go something like this:

1. Jotaro Meets Josuke
  2. Josuke Meets Angelo
  3. The Nijimura Brothers (1) (includes end of Josuke Meets Angelo)
  4. The Nijimura Brothers (2)
  5. The Nijimura Brothers (3) (includes start of Echoes)
  6. Koichi Hirose (Echoes) (includes start of Surface)
  7. Toshikazu Hazamada (Surface)
  8. Yukako Yamagashi Is in Love (1)
  9. Yukako Yamagashi Is in Love (2)
  10. Let's Go Out for Italian
  11. Red Hot Chili Pepper (1)
  12. Red Hot Chili Pepper (2)
  13. Picked Up Something Bad (includes start of Let's Play at the Mangaka's House)
  14. Let's Play at the Mangaka's House
  15. Let's Go Hunting
  16. Rohan Kishibe's Adventure
  17. Fatty's Harvest
  18. Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life (1) (includes end of Fatty's Harvest)
  19. Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life (2) (includes People of Morioh)
  20. Cinderella (1)
  21. Cinderella (2) (includes start of Sheer Heart Attack)
  22. Sheer Heart Attack (1)
  23. Sheer Heart Attack (2)
  24. Atom Heart Father
  25. Janken Boy Is Coming (1) (includes Kira's New Face)
  26. Janken Boy Is Coming (2) (includes start of I Am an Alien)
  27. I Am an Alien
  28. Highway Star (1)
  29. Highway Star (2) (includes start of The Cat Likes Yoshikage Kira)
  30. The Cat Like Yoshikage Kira
  31. The Man on the Tower (1)
  32. The Man on the Tower (2) (includes start of Engima Boy)
  33. Enigma Boy
  34. My Dad Is Not My Dad (includes start of Cheap Trick)
  35. Cheap Trick
  36. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
  37. Another One Bites the Dust (2) (includes start of The Invincible Crazy D)
  38. The Invincible Crazy D
  39. Goodbye, Morioh Town (includes end of The Invincible Crazy D)

It looks kind of awkward, not because it would be rushed in the conventional sense, but because there's so many episode breaks in odd places, after the Stardust Crusaders anime went out of its way to avoid that kind of thing.

Only deviation so far has been the Echoes ep not containing any of Surface, which was probably a good choice on the anime team's part.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 3, 2016

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

It'll come in at two, that ends the cour and leads nicely into the new OP representing the next part of Diamond is Unbreakable. I've really been digging the Shizuka cameos in all the episodes so far, looking forward to her episode.

drat, beat me to the Shizuka joke. Good job.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/hanimu2111/status/738763155388534784

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is my hot take for Saturday June 4 2016:

Bitching about people being excited for something is extremely stupid.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
So I've started reading Part 6 (skipped 5 for now, may just wait for the anime to get there) and I'm at Survivor. After reading the bit with Pucci and DIO discussing the "weakest stand" I'm curious what exactly DIO's qualifications were for which Stand users he and Enya made that he kept around as followers and which ones he gave to Pucci for Disc-ing.

"No, Pucci, you can't have Khnum and Thoth. Trust me, they're valuable followers."
"I trust that you could find a good user for this Stand, Pucci, I really do, but listen. The evil baby is perfect."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

My bet is that he wanted the full Tarot and Egyptian Gods set and sent everyone else (except for Vanilla Ice and his Cream) over to Pucci's

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've never had Panacotta in my life

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Me neither, but the pictures of it on Google make it look good. Tonio's tomato and mozzarella salad also looked really good and I wanna eat that.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't really like raw tomato, but I think I next time I go to my local Italian I will try the tomato and mozzarella

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm very okay with the band doing the next OP for DiU, by the way.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
David Pro breaking Part 4 into this sort of three act structure is really neat. I really doubt they'll take a break after Episode 12, but I wouldn't be super surprised by it. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that we're getting all of DiU, no breaks.

And yeah I don't really enjoy tomatoes either, but I dunno, that dish looked really appealing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The blu-ray schedule leaves little to no time for hiatus, a couple of weeks or so, there won't be a long break until a theoretical fourth cour after ep 39, which may not even happen of course.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

I don't really like raw tomato, but I think I next time I go to my local Italian I will try the tomato and mozzarella

a caprese with high quality tomatoes is really good, just watch your portions as it can quickly get unhealthy if you pack it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Puttanesca is incredibly loving good btw