Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Why don't you wanna read all the cool original things we have to say? gently caress u troll.

I challenge you to hand to hand combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

SnowblindFatal posted:

Sorry if this looks gay to the viewers

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

SnowblindFatal posted:

sigh... you really suck at hand
to hand combat i wont lie and
this is way more challenging
then i thought it would be. to
teach you hand to hand combat,
alright i will try to teach you
some more hand to hand combat

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I read TGT by going through the thread, I recommend it because the constantly shifting perspectives on the comic and lazerbot himself were almost as funny as the stuff that was happening in it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The critical re-appraisal of Lazerbot and then everything which came after it is one of SA's greatest sagas

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lazerbot will be remembered as one of the greats of the ReMixCulture era of artistry.

His personal struggles will also serve to hilight the need for a Mincome. How many other Lazerbots are unable to produce art for want of a lappy.

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

PBS Newshour posted:

I read TGT by going through the thread, I recommend it because the constantly shifting perspectives on the comic and lazerbot himself were almost as funny as the stuff that was happening in it

Same; I marathoned this thread in January '15. I'd recommend any other goon do the same, because in all seriousness it's "value added" relative to just reading the comic, in that you get to vicariously experience the thread's collective experience with encountering the comic, and with following it as it progressed.

There's something special about serialized fiction. For instance, sure, someday my children might read the Harry Potter series, but they won't ever know what it was like to read the books as they came out, and they'll certainly never experience the suspense of Spring 2007 as fans eagerly anticipated the publication of Deathly Hallows.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

Lots of the story is based on him responding to goons and both sides looking like idiots. It was cool

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

simplefish posted:

GT: ahead of its time, lived too fast, died too young, RIP

Sew it up and goldmine.

What movie/TV show is this from?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Wow this loving comic ruined the new X-Men movie for me. There's a scene that's exactly the same as this one:

It was supposed to be dramatic but all I could think about was this lovely comic, thanks Lazerbot.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lazerbot should sue for royalties

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Tagichatn posted:

Wow this loving comic ruined the new X-Men movie for me. There's a scene that's exactly the same as this one:

It was supposed to be dramatic but all I could think about was this lovely comic, thanks Lazerbot.

Oh, thank god. I wasn't the only one.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Okay, now I want to see the new X-Men movie.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Well Manicured Man posted:

I was thinking the same thing.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Well Manicured Man posted:

Same

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Some really kind soul (not me) has been continuing some of the motion comics and music videos for the songs I had made for TGT. Here's "Your Next," the song for Chapter 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpPHbesYKVA

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I think TGT did it better than X-Men.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Tagichatn posted:

Spoil it for me, I don't want to give Singer my money

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Kulkasha posted:

Spoil it for me, I don't want to give Singer my money

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

X-Men spoilers:
Magneto gets a new family in some lovely Polish town but then they discover he's Magneto. The police hunt him with a bow and arrow and accidentally shoot his wife and daughter. With a single arrow. An arrow that doesn't even have a metal tip but I guess it went through both and did enough damage to kill both of them. Then Magneto turns evil again.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Isn't that basically what Magneto does to Sebastian Shaw at the climax of First Class, though?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

FadingChord posted:

Isn't that basically what Magneto does to Sebastian Shaw at the climax of First Class, though?

Yeah but then it made sense because Magneto was using a metal coin to go through one guy's head. In the new flick, one guy double kills Magneto's wife and kid with one wooden arrow. Lazerbot should definitely sue.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Sadly, Lazerbot is the last person who'll ever get to sue for copyright infringement

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tagichatn posted:

X-Men spoilers:
The police hunt him with a bow and arrow

Does it take place in the middle ages or what?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cat Mattress posted:

He's the master of magnet.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There are plastic guns and bullets, heck you can 3D print them now. Don't expect such firearms to have a long service life, but that's still enough to chase one perp.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Couldn't you also just like... make metal bullets out of a metal that isn't magnetic?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cat Mattress posted:

Rural Poland in 1983, so 3D printed plastic guns are a little hard to come by.

Baronjutter posted:

Couldn't you also just like... make metal bullets out of a metal that isn't magnetic?

It's comics/movies, all metals are magnetic.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I haven't read this in years and decided to start rereading it. Chapter 1 has the makings of something different. There's a spark to it. Chapter 2 is where it becomes legitimately brilliant with the introduction of The Troll Slayers. I'm laughing just as hard as I did years ago. I completely forgot about Rob.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

X-Men spoilers:
Magneto gets a new family in some lovely Polish town but then they discover he's Magneto. The police hunt him with a bow and arrow and accidentally shoot his wife and daughter. With a single arrow. An arrow that doesn't even have a metal tip but I guess it went through both and did enough damage to kill both of them. Then Magneto turns evil again.

The Polish police hunt him...with bow and arrow? What year is this set in? This movie sounds much more nonsensical than TGT

e: ah, the superpowers

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

There are plastic guns and bullets, heck you can 3D print them now. Don't expect such firearms to have a long service life, but that's still enough to chase one perp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
You've tricked me! Now that I know, I will merely act embarrassed instead of lifting every police car and crushing you all.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

Here are the collected ones I made awhile back. They are out of date though.

https://mega.nz/#F!xVlnjayJ!HjclBEgUvuhsY3wnRAu7xg

Just downloaded these, but wondering what's out of date about them. Haven't checked in on this thread in like two years and was hoping to re-read/catchup. Is there a more up to date archive of these anywhere? Sad to hear it's ended :(

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Sad to be reminded that it ended. :(

Maybe one day. this thing and lazerbot himself were disastrous in all the right ways.

was a good ride

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

SMP posted:

Just downloaded these, but wondering what's out of date about them. Haven't checked in on this thread in like two years and was hoping to re-read/catchup. Is there a more up to date archive of these anywhere? Sad to hear it's ended :(

I think I just uploaded to the the-current last completed chapter, so wherever the numbers stop there is probably some more comic after that.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

I think I just uploaded to the the-current last completed chapter, so wherever the numbers stop there is probably some more comic after that.

I've rectified this and made a .cbr of the final chapter (RIP). Feel free to add this to your Mega folder. This series deserves to be archived for all eternity.

e: I've also mirrored all of the .cbrs on my Google Drive, for posterity.

SMP fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 1, 2016

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!
The return of "Tails Gets Trolled" will deserve its own OP.

Goldmine already.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

his latest reply on DA 5 days ago to someone wishing his return

quote:

Thank you, We've been dealing with thing's as people do. Prolonging our return.

But we'll return as soon as we can thanks for that.

I still have hope.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Reading through the CBRs, realized some filetype issues / filenames were causing messed up page orders. Fixed them and rehosted here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I think it's safe to say that, whatever Lazey B does in the future, it will have a pre-installed fanbase.

Bonus: Here is 19 year old me singing about Tails Gets Trolled: http://tindeck.com/listen/tmto (gently caress, A BANDCAMP TOO? http://calicoheart.bandcamp.com/track/ladies-get-trolled-demo)

Quite the journey indeed :unsmith:

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 1, 2016