Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who gonna win
town
scum
serial killer (???)
no one
View Results

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

I'm sticking with my original vote for now. I don't buy the case on tpink at this point.

Which is a vote on Glowku from a fake case. That resulted in Lumpen saying:

Lumpen posted:

I appreciate the post. My gut on Illegally Sober is leaning likely Town.

Well I shouldn't say entirely fake, it's a case based on a misunderstanding about Hal's role in a previous game which is very, very bad casing.

He is also buddy-buddy about YPMs posting and opinion and has circled back to push the tpink case that lumpen pushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
He could be town that scum tried to side with or he could be a goon in over his head.

##vote IllegallySober

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, can someone other than me read Lumpin/Tpink and tell me if it could be scumbros? I mean, it looks like they start by picking at eachother for dumb reasons that won't gain traction, then Tpink just makes a quick vote on Lumpin the next day, but only after we get that pesky lurker out of the way.

I could just be trying to understand the meta too hard, that's why I need someone else to see if they see what I see.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Li Dawny posted:

Okay, can someone other than me read Lumpin/Tpink and tell me if it could be scumbros? I mean, it looks like they start by picking at eachother for dumb reasons that won't gain traction, then Tpink just makes a quick vote on Lumpin the next day, but only after we get that pesky lurker out of the way.

I could just be trying to understand the meta too hard, that's why I need someone else to see if they see what I see.

This is closer to what I was trying to articulate last night.

I've never been scum in a game before, but to me it seems like it would be good strategy for the scum team to start a day 1 slapfight with each other when everyone else is joke posting and then have that to refer back to later to gain credibility.

Looks like the vote on me is at -1 right now and the deadline is less than a day away so based on the fact that I don't have a ton of posts in this game I fully expect to be lynched. If that happens, the rest of Town should take a good, hard look at tpink because he's either the SK or he's scum, based on my read.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Which is a vote on Glowku from a fake case. That resulted in Lumpen saying:

Well I shouldn't say entirely fake, it's a case based on a misunderstanding about Hal's role in a previous game which is very, very bad casing.

He is also buddy-buddy about YPMs posting and opinion and has circled back to push the tpink case that lumpen pushed.

It wasn't a fake case, he flat lied. It was the only gut feeling I had one way or another at the time. I'm not sure why that's such a terrible thing.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

I guess at this point what I'm trying to say is that the only real clearly false statement I've seen so far was Glowku's about a game he knew several of us had literally just finished with him. Why would he lie about that? To protect a scum buddy?

##vote Glowku

If you're going to post part of what I said about that at least post the rest of it too.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

IllegallySober posted:

If you're going to post part of what I said about that at least post the rest of it too.

I'm back, sobered up. You are still scum.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm back, sobered up. You are still scum.

Actually, no, but welcome back anyway.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Here's something interesting:

Lumpen posted:

Kroll, Pinterest Mom, and tpink should all get lynched today.

Absurd Revolver posted:

Scum always throw in a fellow scum name in quick reads like that, to throw off suspicion.

Pinterest Mom posted:

the ol' 2 town and a scum, yeah

Okay, so if we go by that logic:

tpink posted:

Based on this post from Lumpen, I am inclined to think Pinterest Mom is town.

Krell was town. tpink says he thinks Pintrest Mom is town. Guess what that leaves tpink to be?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

IllegallySober posted:

Here's something interesting:

Okay, so if we go by that logic:

Krell was town. tpink says he thinks Pintrest Mom is town. Guess what that leaves tpink to be?

Seeing as you're actively participating now, and your case(using my own logic no less) is solid, I think this is more appropriate.

##vote tpink

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

tpink (2): IllegallySober, Absurd Revolver
IllegallySober (2): Mayor Glowku, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver
Pinterest Mom (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Anonymous

Not Voting (3): Li Dawny, Pinterest Mom, tpink

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 05th, 2016 at noon EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 6 minutes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
poo poo didn't realize deadline was today. NK & SK, maybe they'll kill each other... unlikely.

##vote tpink

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

poo poo didn't realize deadline was today. NK & SK, maybe they'll kill each other... unlikely.

##vote tpink

I think we are boned so :gary: :redhammer: :yarg:##vote tpink

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Votecount for Day 3

tpink (4): IllegallySober, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Mayor Glowku
Pinterest Mom (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Anonymous
IllegallySober (0): Mayor Glowku, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Absurd Revolver, Anomalous Amalgam, Mayor Glowku

Not Voting (3): Li Dawny, Pinterest Mom, tpink

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 05th, 2016 at noon EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 32 minutes.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

blah, blah, blah flavour

tpink, Klay Thompson, 1-shot Town Vigilante, has left the team.

Send actions soonish? :)

got some chores tonight fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 5, 2016

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

oh and im going to remove the lurker rules and unHATE pinmom since ill have to kill everyone myself if i continued w/ them

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Night 3

Mayor Glowku, Brandon Rush, Vanilla Town, has left the team.

Anomalous Amalgam, Stephen Curry, Town Innocent Child, has left the team.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (4): Absurd Revolver, IllegallySober, Li Dawny, Pinterest Mom

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 08th, 2016 at 8 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 months.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:ghost: I knew this would happen. gently caress em' up town. Let your hearts shine open :ghost:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
##vote IllegallySober

You son of a bitch.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Oh my goodness there's so few of us.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 08th, 2016 at 8 a.m. EDT -- that's in about :siren: 2 months. :siren:

:ghost: :laffo: :ghost:

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (4): Absurd Revolver, IllegallySober, Li Dawny, Pinterest Mom

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 08th, 2016 at 8 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 months.

That's two days after my wedding! Thanks Dongsbro, I could really use the next few months to just relax and prepare.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Absurd Revolver posted:

##vote IllegallySober

You son of a bitch.

Made a read and it didn't work out. We're relatively hosed at this point with two kills per night and at most two town, right?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

IllegallySober posted:

Made a read and it didn't work out. We're relatively hosed at this point with two kills per night and at most two town, right?

You lurk, making seven posts, then when the votes on you, you suddenly care enough to show up?

You're either the scum or the SK, you're definitely not town.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Absurd Revolver posted:

You son of a bitch.

Absurd Revolver posted:

Seeing as you're actively participating now, and your case(using my own logic no less) is solid, I think this is more appropriate.

##vote tpink

Not sure how you can be that mad at me at this point given (as you said) I basically took your logic to its conclusion.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Absurd Revolver posted:

You lurk, making seven posts, then when the votes on you, you suddenly care enough to show up?

You're either the scum or the SK, you're definitely not town.

Dude, think that and lynch me if you want. Town's basically hosed anyway. If you think I'd run that case as scum I don't know what to tell you. I wasn't lying about real-life poo poo getting in the way but if it'll make you feel better I'll drop the hammer on myself. You tell me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Or- and I'm just spitballing here- we can think about this first and try to make a case against someone.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Especially since:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

The current deadline is August 08th, 2016 at 8 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 months.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Anyway, I'm playing softball for the next couple of hours. I'll check back in after the game and try to sift through things (if I'm not lynched yet).

If I get lynched the game's definitively over with a single town at most left, so gg everyone if y'all do that.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Gotta say, IS, this looks pretty bad for you.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Was thinking about this on the drive to softball and don't play for another 30 minutes so going to try to get this posted quick.

If we assume the four players left are:

1 Scum
1 SK
2 Town (myself being one, other not identified yet)

If a Townie gets lynched today, Town obviously can't win. If the SK gets lynched, the scum kills one of the two townies at night and the game's over. If the Scum gets lynched, the SK kills one of the two townies at night and the game's over, also.

The only winning play I can think of for Town is to no-lynch today and hope either the Scum kills the SK or the SK kills the Scum. If that happens, Town can vote the remaining player out.

I've already self-identified Town earlier so that kind of is what it is. Whoever the other Town player is, I don't know if it matters or not if they claim because Scum should know who they are already. I'm not sure how SK works but I don't think they know definitively who the others are, they just know themselves and their own alignment, right?

I'll try to go into more detail later, if it matters, but for now I ##vote No Lynch

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

Was thinking about this on the drive to softball and don't play for another 30 minutes so going to try to get this posted quick.

If we assume the four players left are:

1 Scum
1 SK
2 Town (myself being one, other not identified yet)

If a Townie gets lynched today, Town obviously can't win. If the SK gets lynched, the scum kills one of the two townies at night and the game's over. If the Scum gets lynched, the SK kills one of the two townies at night and the game's over, also.

The only winning play I can think of for Town is to no-lynch today and hope either the Scum kills the SK or the SK kills the Scum. If that happens, Town can vote the remaining player out.

I've already self-identified Town earlier so that kind of is what it is. Whoever the other Town player is, I don't know if it matters or not if they claim because Scum should know who they are already. I'm not sure how SK works but I don't think they know definitively who the others are, they just know themselves and their own alignment, right?

I'll try to go into more detail later, if it matters, but for now I ##vote No Lynch
I don't like this, it goes against everything I've learned over the last two or so weeks and makes me suspect you even harder.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Li Dawny posted:

it goes against everything I've learned over the last two or so weeks

What do you mean by this? Are you a newer player like I am or are you referring to something else?

Game's starting, gotta go.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

IllegallySober posted:

What do you mean by this? Are you a newer player like I am or are you referring to something else?

Game's starting, gotta go.

I'm new.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Gotcha. I'm pretty new too, I believe this is my third game ever.

I'll try to make a bigger effort post tomorrow morning, I'm tired now. But if someone else wants to take a crack at drawing up a winning situation for Town, feel free. Given what we know, I can't come up with a solution for Town winning that includes a day lynch today.

This is assuming the following:

We have a Scum and a SK remaining along with two Townies
The Scum doesn't know who the SK is
The SK doesn't know who the Scum is

Of course, if they DO know who each other is, Town is screwed no matter what we do.

I'm also assuming all 1v1 scenarios including a Town member end in a Town loss. Clearly there couldn't be a vote so my assumption is in this instance the Town loses.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Actually I have a better idea. Let's just agree to kill P.Mom and finish the game, roll the dice on who wins.

Town has lost, because if you convince us to no lynch, one of you will kill town and one of you will kill the other. Winner is whoever didn't get targeted.

If SK and Mafia kill both town, SK wins.

You two are smart enough not to target each other, in fact I just did about the same thing but as scum to win Ham mafia.

There's no way that you're town, I feel it in my gut. You're most likely the SK, by my estimations. My counter proposal is we kill the scum, because SK victories are just too rare.

##vote pmom

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
cmon you know i know you know

let's just kick this pig and get it done with

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I guess I agree with this, what else can we do other than no lynch and that just feels wrong this late in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Nope.

That play isn't in the best interest of Town. I'm not going to do something that violates the last remaining shred of possibility that we can hit our win condition.

Whoever the last Townie is, if you're truly going to try to win, two things have to happen:

1. You can't claim Town
2. You can't vote for a lynch

If the other Townie is truly done with the game, it's simple- you all three vote for me. Otherwise, you need all three of your own votes to lynch and for self-preservation reasons alone you aren't going to get there.

I stay with my vote for No Lynch and we see what happens.

(and VoteFinder needs to be changed in any event if it hasn't because otherwise it's gonna be a long two months waiting)

• Locked thread