Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm not sure what the min/max payout multipliers are, though.

Basically, the final bonus multiplier you get at the end depends on how long your run was. It's an effort to prevent cheesing by picking a pilot who starts at a lower difficulty but ramps up but only doing a few maps.

tl, dr: longer runs pay better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Captain Foo posted:

Just beat Joy Bus / Hell Ride with the Pompadour. Definitely took me the most tries yet.
I did a couple Pompadour/Arlo corpse runs, then successfully got to the far end with the Arlo, grabbed ammo, and went back to the start and fought the Captain conventionally.

Upon realizing that the Captain kill was all I needed to exit, I thought: "Can I just agrav-hump the Captain to death without ever leaving this first area?"

Yes. Yes, I can. Took a few tries. Had to clear the kamikazes with friendly fire by driving in circles in front of the Captain.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Just requisitioned the Gardens, loving the description of 'maybe familiar' with the districts that make it up.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Internet Friend posted:

Just finished the campaign, really fun. Did the final mission with the Touro for you guys :cool: . The Void Repeats was a really fun mission. I'd kind of written off the Sleepwalker in an earlier mission but I was streaming and someone in my chat pointed out the Black Hand ignores walls. I used the panic walls to my advantage by pulling guys through them and taking them on in smaller groups. The whole campaign was solid. I'd love to see more missions in the future but I'm looking forward to Freelancing now.

Right on! I think we've seen enough evidence to suggest the tutorials need to cover more of the mechanics in depth, so that's getting fixed, and a couple of the campaign missions and loadouts massaged. Once that's all taken care of we will announce the first free DLC, which is very likely going to center on small units. Definitely more campaign maps coming, and when the time is right we'll release the map editor as well.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Fish Noise posted:

I did a couple Pompadour/Arlo corpse runs, then successfully got to the far end with the Arlo, grabbed ammo, and went back to the start and fought the Captain conventionally.

Upon realizing that the Captain kill was all I needed to exit, I thought: "Can I just agrav-hump the Captain to death without ever leaving this first area?"

Yes. Yes, I can. Took a few tries. Had to clear the kamikazes with friendly fire by driving in circles in front of the Captain.

It's one of my favorite missions. Although as a player I'm not overly fond of gimmick missions, I hope people generally enjoy the ones in the campaign.

The one that's not quite the challenge it was designed to be is Knife Chase. The original version of that centered on a mog, equipped as it is now, but with an AK pulse instead. That makes it significantly more challenging, as you can imagine.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Metal Health in the Treehouse loadout is so fun.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Is there a gamma setting somewhere I'm missing? If not, could one be added?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Added stuff to the OP (second post, really) with a few tips and enemy highlights. Still on the hunt for some primo gifs!

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
Dude this is really cool-- he's playing over the soundtrack:
http://twitch.tv/the8bitdrummer

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

individual865 posted:

Is there a gamma setting somewhere I'm missing? If not, could one be added?

you know we don't, but i'll check in with the coders about that. thanks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

anthony patch posted:

Dude this is really cool-- he's playing over the soundtrack:
http://twitch.tv/the8bitdrummer

His drums actually add something pretty nice to the soundtrack, as nice as it is. That's really cool.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Lemon-Lime posted:

His drums actually add something pretty nice to the soundtrack, as nice as it is. That's really cool.

Yeah I didn't know what to expect but this is like a cool little concert all its own.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Some stuff happened.
https://giant.gfycat.com/AdoredSnappyBeardeddragon.webm

The prudent approach on that map is probably just to bust through the wall to the left, though...

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 4, 2016

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

dyzzy posted:

Some stuff happened.
https://giant.gfycat.com/AdoredSnappyBeardeddragon

The prudent approach on that map is probably just to bust through the wall to the left, though...

Ahahahah oh man that's a good clip

gauss fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 4, 2016

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Forgot the extension, whoops.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

dyzzy posted:

Some stuff happened.
https://giant.gfycat.com/AdoredSnappyBeardeddragon

That is a good and proper shitstorm you've set off. :allears:

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope
Swordfish is great, might need its HP tapped with the Nerf Stick tho... :redhammer:

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

anthony patch posted:

Swordfish is great, might need its HP tapped with the Nerf Stick tho... :redhammer:

Oh no, a player agrav with more than a fart's breath of HP, better take it down a peg

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I dont like playing agravs. There I said it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Basticle posted:

I dont like playing agravs. There I said it.

:same:

I can't stand the control scheme on them and really wish they either had tank controls with additional strafe keys, or that WASD always moved them relative to the screen's fixed orientation, instead of relative to the mouse cursor.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Heads up, I've been getting that V-sync bug where the framerate caps at 30. When I was playing it the last few days it'd only happen for a mission, and restarting the level would fix it, but today it stuck at 30 unless I turned V-sync off entirely.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

, or that WASD always moved them relative to the screen's fixed orientation, instead of relative to the mouse cursor.

I think this would help tremendously.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lemon-Lime posted:

I can't stand the control scheme on them and really wish they either had tank controls with additional strafe keys, or that WASD always moved them relative to the screen's fixed orientation, instead of relative to the mouse cursor.

On that note, what is the deal with "Low Fly"? Agravs I've poked at so far since launch use that button for Orientation lock. So, what, if anything, uses "low fly"? Do some Agravs low fly instead of lock orientation?

I don't mind Agravs themselves, it's usually their other statistics outside of control scheme I eyeball (Though I do confess to getting mixed up more than I'd like still). Small zippy rides are just an accident waiting to happen for me. But hard to go wrong with an Agrav made out of a bus when it's got a KRAKEN on it :black101:

Usually my issues piloting more robust Agravs are when I want to bust through a wall in a hurry. Even with the belly flop They are not often as convenient on weapons free kool-aid man as a mech kicking things over, or a tank stubbornly tunneling their way through things. (But slam is far an away more useful at killing ENEMY hovers than a tank, where even a dragon wagon seems to just harmlessly bumpercars clip them with my luck.)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 5, 2016

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Mordja posted:

Heads up, I've been getting that V-sync bug where the framerate caps at 30. When I was playing it the last few days it'd only happen for a mission, and restarting the level would fix it, but today it stuck at 30 unless I turned V-sync off entirely.

If this happens just alt-tab in and out and that should fix it. In the mean time could you post your info in the technical thread so we can take a look? Would be a big help in tracking this thing down.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/274500/discussions/1/

anthony patch
Mar 20, 2008

nope

Section Z posted:

On that note, what is the deal with "Low Fly"? Agravs I've poked at so far since launch use that button for Orientation lock. So, what, if anything, uses "low fly"? Do some Agravs low fly instead of lock orientation?

Low fly was something we implemented but which isn't currently used on any agravs. Holding shift would change your hover height and maneuver speeds rather than lock your orientation.

Might still do something with it down the road.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Basticle posted:

I think this would help tremendously.

It would, but then they'd basically be avoiding tank controls, which would perhaps make them too good.

You could compensate by restricting their turn rate, but it's kind of a big design change.

e; to be clear, I'm talking about changing it so that A always strafes absolute left and D always strafes absolute right, although hey, I'd settle for W always being absolute up and S always being absolute down as well. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 5, 2016

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's probably a result of playing a lot of Starsector, but I found the Agrav movement scheme immediately, and comfortably, familiar; it was extremely easy for my to handle them. The tank controls are taking a bit more getting used to, not helped by not having had a lot of time to play games lately.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

MShadowy posted:

It's probably a result of playing a lot of Starsector, but I found the Agrav movement scheme immediately, and comfortably, familiar; it was extremely easy for my to handle them. The tank controls are taking a bit more getting used to, not helped by not having had a lot of time to play games lately.

Yeah, YMMV and it's obviously something you can get used to and get better with, I just hate how they never go where I want them to go, unlike every other vehicle.

Also, guys, look - I know the kraken is so far above every other gun in the game that it's bound to eventually receive a nerf, but when you do do this, can you please leave the damage, range and penetration intact? Just nerf the fire rate only. Please.

It's so good.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I hated agrav controls for a really long time. Now they're maybe my number 1 vehicle.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

is there any chance of getting controller support because all my reflexes are wired up to an xbox controller thanks to binding of isaac and nuclear throne

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Even when we do get controller support, the game won't play like either of those (or any twin-stick shooter) since the distance between your vehicle and the cursor determines shot altitude. You could just map that to the Y axis and have the X axis turn but that would be painful to play.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

anthony patch posted:

Low fly was something we implemented but which isn't currently used on any agravs. Holding shift would change your hover height and maneuver speeds rather than lock your orientation.

Might still do something with it down the road.

Ah, so I'm driving myself crazy looking for something that doesn't exist, got it :downs: On that note, while I can't think of WHAT to give them, a shift button for tanks could be cool just because they are the only thing shift does nothing for.

Speaking of tanks. Prowler, buddy, when did you unlock! Time for a 1/1 Difficulty 100% destruction spree across "Orientation" :buddy: You may not be the toughest, or most heavily armed tank. But any tank as zippy as you has Smaller guns, and tends to be more fragile on top.

*Runs over every single car in the Northeast parking lot of the spaceport*

:neckbeard:

*1.5 Mil = 6 Million dollars*

:dance:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Lemon-Lime posted:

Even when we do get controller support, the game won't play like either of those (or any twin-stick shooter) since the distance between your vehicle and the cursor determines shot altitude. You could just map that to the Y axis and have the X axis turn but that would be painful to play.

you could have some limited autoaim feature or i could just learn to play the game the way it was designed, either or

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

is there any chance of getting controller support because all my reflexes are wired up to an xbox controller thanks to binding of isaac and nuclear throne

Yeah, it's on the docket. For launch, rebindable keys (and a billion other things) had priority.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Section Z posted:

Ah, so I'm driving myself crazy looking for something that doesn't exist, got it :downs: On that note, while I can't think of WHAT to give them, a shift button for tanks could be cool just because they are the only thing shift does nothing for.

I still think all the ball tread Spacer tanks should have the ability to strafe by holding down the movement modifier key, but apparently that's not possible in-engine. :(

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

you could have some limited autoaim feature or i could just learn to play the game the way it was designed, either or

You'd think, but autoaim is no bueno for our game. It's not like an FPS where you can make a reasonable guess what the player is trying to shoot at and then gently magnet the point of aim. In our game, that's questionable at best. If you aim beyond an enemy, are you trying to aim at that enemy, or the one behind him? We have directional damage, so shooting them from behind, or trying to shoot just past a tank to splashdown behind them is an important strategy, and you can't really autoaim variable shots like that. Controllers do work for our game, but autoaim does not.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lemon-Lime posted:

I still think all the ball tread Spacer tanks should have the ability to strafe by holding down the movement modifier key, but apparently that's not possible in-engine. :(

While part of me is sad you can't have that as a player, I am very glad AI Spacer tank's cant use their AI precise controls to pull sick side dodges with their tanks.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hey whoever said the fatshoe rules: :agreed: pop an Abbott and a thunderclap and smoke on there and :pcgaming:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
My main beef with big mechs/tanks right now: they're fundamentally limited in how far they can go because you just can't dodge all the poo poo that gets thrown your way at higher difficulty values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Long known obvious factoids I keep forgetting like an idiot and thus getting in over my head. Over and over. Why.

Garrison Goal Not MEt: 35/40

"I'll just bust in and blow up the last group and then leisurely clear out the scenery!"

Garrison Goal Met: 40/More Than 40

"Oh, right"

Dozen+ Enemies swarm my dumb out of position rear end. I know this, there are color changes and everything. But man, I just constantly forget in the middle of a mission and I always know it's my own moronic fault.

PS the Huss campaign loadout is sweet. 10/10 would be a danger to myself and others with a giant cannon and sweet focusing laser again.