Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

btw i put the movelist on the control panel

i did it as best as i could to look uniform and tried to get as high res an image as possible to get it. had to shrink text here and there to get it to fit, but i was just trying to make as close to an official sfv cab as i could, since capcom isnt making one

its not that i like sfv that much (it's alright, i get the bitching but i've played more broken games for a lot longer and i still have fun learning it), but rather when i was a kid and playing COTA or MVC1 and having the wild dream of owning the newest hot arcade game and never having to wait for quarter up

still it's a lot of fun so far, playing sfv on it is an absolute hoot

im building a PC box and setting up hyperspin on it at the moment, it runs ki maxed out so it'll play everything ok. have no more fun money so i'm gonna wait a long while and then try to set up aimtrak guns for all the time crisis games and stuff. im pretty sure you could map the pedal to a rock band drum pedal for the cover

That's all really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also people in here are flaming rock band and I just gotta say that rock band is loving cool.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

btw i misspoke earlier i didnt design it i paid recroommasters to do it for me with the guideline of "make it look like an official SFV cabinet". i blame :420: and i didnt want to take credit for their work. it looks great in person and im very pleased with it.

i trawled craigslist for forever, and traveled down to a very old stomping ground of mine, Smiles in Milford, CT before they closed down in hopes of grabbing a good cabinet to restore up, but everything was just trashed

craigslist is all MAME abortions and big buck hunter cabinets with missing everything in my area, so i figured this was the next best thing

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Speaking of MAME abortions, there is an old MAME arcade cabinet in a basement lounge in the building next to where I work. I mostly got it working again, except a couple of the buttons on the 2P side don't work. Is there an easy way to take the plexi off and replace the buttons, or do the design of these things differ from cabinet to cabinet? I can take a photo if that helps.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

dhamster posted:

Speaking of MAME abortions, there is an old MAME arcade cabinet in a basement lounge in the building next to where I work. I mostly got it working again, except a couple of the buttons on the 2P side don't work. Is there an easy way to take the plexi off and replace the buttons, or do the design of these things differ from cabinet to cabinet? I can take a photo if that helps.

gonna need a pic

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

In Training posted:

rock band is loving cool

:yeah:

Liquor and Rock Band made for a bunch of fantastic college parties.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gonna need a pic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 5, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

didn't princess peach teach this thing how to love

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey last blade 2 on vita is dope, just wanted to say that

also i got my cabinet in

please excuse my poo poo decal placement and messy garage

This owns.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

btw i misspoke earlier i didnt design it i paid recroommasters to do it for me with the guideline of "make it look like an official SFV cabinet". i blame :420: and i didnt want to take credit for their work. it looks great in person and im very pleased with it.

i trawled craigslist for forever, and traveled down to a very old stomping ground of mine, Smiles in Milford, CT before they closed down in hopes of grabbing a good cabinet to restore up, but everything was just trashed

craigslist is all MAME abortions and big buck hunter cabinets with missing everything in my area, so i figured this was the next best thing

how much $$$$$ did this set you back?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

how much $$$$$ did this set you back?

799 for the cab, $150 for artwork design/printing/installation of the panel art

i paid em to do it since im horrible with photoshop and a blind child could do better

btw the control panels on these run ps360+

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 5, 2016

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Lemon-Lime posted:

This owns.
except for it playing sf5, yeah. the form factor and control setup look very sleek

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
799 including the controls and buttons? I'm assuming not including the monitor.

That's actually not a very bad price considering, especially if they're legit buttons and sticks. "Build a cabinet" has been on my bucket list for years but I'm super lazy.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also i got my cabinet in

This is fuckin' amazing.

Endorph posted:

didn't princess peach teach this thing how to love

So is this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Medullah posted:

799 including the controls and buttons? I'm assuming not including the monitor.

That's actually not a very bad price considering, especially if they're legit buttons and sticks. "Build a cabinet" has been on my bucket list for years but I'm super lazy.

yeah, i had a 32" tv that i tossed in there, it's all VESA mounted and poo poo and looking good

got the 2nd player side of the board working in PS4 finally using a brooks converter. Needed to plug em both in to a USB hub to get enough power to it.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/739653056292233217

The hell are you up to, Uniest?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not as big as this, 0/10

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Endorph posted:

not as big as this, 0/10

not as big as these, -10/10

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

She's one of the side characters in the same organization as Linne I think? Gonna be cool using her if we ever actually get uniel[st] I guess.

Edit: Orie's organization, not Linne's.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 6, 2016

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Looks like she's going to be coming with an arcade update along with a balance patch in summer

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Mintergalactic posted:

Looks like she's going to be coming with an arcade update along with a balance patch in summer

Meanwhile, there's still apparently no word on uniel[st] coming to consoles in any fashion. Profound Sadness.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Meanwhile, there's still apparently no word on uniel[st] coming to consoles in any fashion. Profound Sadness.

Maybe once they see how well the uniel PC port will sell they'll realize they have to port it

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

French-Bread announced at the Struggle Overture tournament in March that they've been working on a console version since uniel[st]'s arcade release. Also part of the reason it's taking so long is because they're giving it a BlazBlue-style story mode.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also i got my cabinet in

Freakin' sick dude

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Capcom couldn't make a better looking one if they tried, sadly.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Horrible Taste posted:

French-Bread announced at the Struggle Overture tournament in March that they've been working on a console version since uniel[st]'s arcade release. Also part of the reason it's taking so long is because they're giving it a BlazBlue-style story mode.

Oh nice, I missed that news. That also reminds me that I never got around to watching any of Struggle Overture.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Mintergalactic posted:

Maybe once they see how well the uniel PC port will sell they'll realize they have to port it

lol

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

god i love uniel. also, i've been playing melty on steam. if anyone wants to play, we should, cause melty is the best.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Capcom couldn't make a better looking one if they tried, sadly.

it's easy with this since they're not going to make one

also in other discoveries killer instinct is a million times more fun on a cabinet.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Got my GG themed TE2+, poo poo is sick. TE2+ build quality is definitely much higher than the standard TE2.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Blazblue is going mobile!

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

http://m.imgur.com/a/uXiS7

Alright so here is the MAME cabinet in the lounge I was talking about. Some of the buttons don't work. To service or replace them do I just unscrew the plexiglass and turn it over?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

dhamster posted:

Alright so here is the MAME cabinet in the lounge I was talking about. Some of the buttons don't work. To service or replace them do I just unscrew the plexiglass and turn it over?

Nice shirt, nerd! The cabinet is of equal or greater value of coolness :shobon:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dhamster posted:

It's going to depend on how it was put together, but probably, yes. You're unlikely to break something that isn't already broken by unscrewing the plexi to take a look underneath, and replacing the buttons themselves is super easy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh poo poo is GG tomorrow

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Thanks, I'll probably take a look at it this week. Maybe I'll order some Sanwa buttons for it, or swap in the stock Qanba buttons I have lying around

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh poo poo is GG tomorrow

like five and a half hours right now? i dunno i'm bad at math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is there a midnight launch on psn

if so i'll buy it immediately