Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

steinrokkan posted:

How sheltered and autistic must you be to consider a fish "creepy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Even the most unfortunate individuals must be granted dignity, and be protected from racial slurs such as "goblin". I mean this unfortunate boy is guilty of nothing except for being Jewish.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Jun 5, 2016

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I got told off for making the head talk, I guess that was creepy

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

steinrokkan posted:

You've got an incredible rap sheet, my friend, maybe pump the breaks a tad

teenytinymouse posted:

I got told off for making the head talk, I guess that was creepy

I remember when I went out for dinner with my family years ago and my brother managed to make the little eyes on his lobster move around by sticking his fingers into the head.

Anyway, content!

e: ha, forgot to post it

cash crab has a new favorite as of 01:12 on Jun 5, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

It has the scales, head, and tail on. That's weird.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

PCOS Bill posted:

It was de-scaled and the tail was the best part, super crispy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PCOS Bill posted:

Skin and scales aren't the same thing

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

anyways

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

steinrokkan posted:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

:five:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

He looks like he just got caught with a mouthful of poo poo

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

He looks like he just got caught with a mouthful of poo poo

As super racist as he was it's not far off.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DicktheCat posted:

As super racist as he was it's not far off.

Oh my god he held opinions you disagree with nearly a century before you even existed, and doesn't hold up to modern ideas of proper liberal idealism? Dear lord what a loving monster.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh my god he held opinions you disagree with nearly a century before you even existed, and doesn't hold up to modern ideas of proper liberal idealism? Dear lord what a loving monster.

Nah, he was extreme, even for the time, as was noted by several of his contemporaries.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

That's how a real fish looks like. Fish sticks are in fact processed food.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

PCOS Bill posted:

he was a general rear end in a top hat and a bad writer

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The big reveal at the end of the story Medusa's Coil was that the life-eating vampiric sorceress monster was a black lady. One who was just light skinned enough that you might've thought she was Italian or Greek! :ohdear:

Like, the dude actuslly thought to himself "hmmm, what else could I say anout this centuries old, soul-eating quasi-demonic entity that would really evoke terror. I know, she's a negress!" Lovecraft was super racist.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm so glad suddenly no one can ever mention Lovecraft without making sure to remind people how super racist he was anymore

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm so glad suddenly no one can ever mention Lovecraft without making sure to remind people how super racist he was anymore

Probably the most reasonable follow-up to nobody being able to mention anything ever at all on any subject without Lovecraft coming up.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pizza is a sandwich

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

PCOS Bill posted:

Pizza is a sandwich

,wrote Lovecraft, imagining what vile phrase the savage Africoid might use to drive civilized men to madness...

Am I doing it right?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Please don't post my selfies, thanks. P.S. As a deep-dwelling gently caress-the-ocean creature I can confirm Lovecraft was an embarrassing racist who ate loose corn and thought hot dogs were sandwiches.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Fish are good and cool.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

deadly_pudding posted:

,wrote Lovecraft, imagining what vile phrase the savage Africoid might use to drive civilized men to madness...

Am I doing it right?

''Pizza is a sandwich'' wheezed the aging mongoloid, her cracked dusken features flickering in and out of the eldritch candle light. Her charges, slope-browed children of low birth, sat in slack-jawed awe in front of the wizened old crone. Some of the children, possessed of a mean, animal intellect, worked to commit their history to memory, but I ask, dear reader, can a dog trained to fetch a stick understand why it does so?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Suggestion: We stop derailing about dead people's opinions and instead post some content.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

That's how a real fish looks like. Fish sticks are in fact processed food.
???

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

Pizza is a sandwich

The founding fathers were also slave owners.

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Jun 5, 2016

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

serious norman posted:

he was a general rear end in a top hat and a bad writer

I like his stories :( and reading his personal writings, while I agree he was a dick, he had some severe mental illness issues going on.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

NotAnArtist posted:

''Pizza is a sandwich'' wheezed the aging mongoloid, her cracked dusken features flickering in and out of the eldritch candle light. Her charges, slope-browed children of low birth, sat in slack-jawed awe in front of the wizened old crone. Some of the children, possessed of a mean, animal intellect, worked to commit their history to memory, but I ask, dear reader, can a dog trained to fetch a stick understand why it does so?

Sucked. No squamous or rugose.

Also, many years back, a friend caught a nurse shark of a goodly size. After prepping it, I chased one of the girls in our group around with the severed head on one of my hands.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

The founding fathers were also slave owners.

There are still slaves in the year 2016 but liberals don't seem too keen on helping them out, just criticizing the first society to do away with slavery a century and a half ago at the cost of many non-slave lives.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

There are still slaves in the year 2016 but liberals don't seem too keen on helping them out, just criticizing the first society to do away with slavery a century and a half ago at the cost of many non-slave lives.

If they weren't willing to die for their right to own people, maybe they wouldn't have got their butts kicked so hard. Ever think about that? :smugdon:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

My first reaction is: Why does it have so many genital warts? My second is: Why is the clitoris white?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Would so fast it has actually made me hungry.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

Neither could he, to be fair

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

VileLL posted:

Neither could he, to be fair

Stop it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zedprime posted:

Would so fast it has actually made me hungry.

See, when I picked that one, the thumbnail looked like half a waffle and a deep fried beer bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012