Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=259596&p=4030833&viewfull=1#post4030833

e: equal cat snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol we've induced yet another case of major depressive disorder. :owned:

who says there's no point to what we're doing again?

Star Citizen Peptalk

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

such a pain...dying

but so is living

Hello

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

skaboomizzy posted:

God, what an awesome CS job that would be.

============

Tickets in queue: 1528

*remove Goon, Snowflake, High Maintenance, Gray Market*

Tickets in queue: 172

*Assign all remaining tickets to Snowflake*

Tickets in queue: 0

"What a day. Time to hit the nacho buffet downstairs for a couple hours and get a poorly-made espresso or two."

I just remembered: didn't they make a big show some months ago out of saying "we really put in some extra hours and resolved every ticket we had open"?

I bet this is literally what they did. Holy poo poo.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Remember when they fired the CS person and sandi went to the UK to train everyone on how to properly deliver CS

They must have been idiots practically answering all the tickets or something ridiculous like treating everyone equally...the fools

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

skaboomizzy posted:

I just remembered: didn't they make a big show some months ago out of saying "we really put in some extra hours and resolved every ticket we had open"?

I bet this is literally what they did. Holy poo poo.

:grabs everything in inbox, throws it in the trash:

Whoo! Nice to get caught up on all that work

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sunswipe posted:

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

What about aspirin salesmen?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Synchronized posted:

Don't see what you're praising him about. All he said is that he's glad that CIG is tagging accounts with properties that are comprised of snide comments, and are visible to the user in question. I mean I also agree that contrasting views can add perspective and prevent the construction of an echo chamber, but come on.

He went to the effort to embed lots of flip-offs in that Zendesk dump. I laughed. Feels like he's putting aside his lawyerly pretenses and trying to speak the native tongue. I don't mind him being snide about it. That's personal growth. I am glad of it.

ManofManyAliases posted:

"╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮"

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

SelenicMartian posted:

There is, and it works just as well as anything else CIG-related :cig:

lmao

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lmao at anyone who doesn't think Sandi is CIG's greatest nemesis right now. Her contempt for this job is now literally leaking through zendesk and into the eyes of her customers. The well of narcissistic supply has been tapped clean, so why should she give a poo poo about this dumb nerd space project aside from its role as a rehearsal studio?

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 5, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Google Butt posted:

so this once again verifies that the Sandi emails are real :D

And the thread delivers yet again, Googlebutt - with butt-loads of new CIG self-ownage. You gotta believe, man!

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, I AM just having a lazy Sunday morning, perusing the internet and checking out reddit. So, what do I come across? More stupid poo poo that has nothing to do about anything.

Are you watching ATV or RTV or 104tc then ?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

What about aspirin salesmen?

Wouldn't know, I'm a co-codamol and ibuprofen man.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

G0RF posted:

He went to the effort to embed lots of flip-offs in that Zendesk dump. I laughed. Feels like he's putting aside his lawyerly pretenses and trying to speak the native tongue. I don't mind him being snide about it. That's personal growth. I am glad of it.

Copy + paste jobs are the hardest, imo.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Copy + paste jobs are the hardest, imo.

Baby steps, man. Baby steps.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

G0RF posted:

Baby steps, man. Baby steps.

This. You gotta learn to drool and poo poo yourself before you can crawl

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/

go hog wild comadno p9

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Her contempt for this job is now literally leaking through zendesk and into the eyes of her customers. The well of narcissistic supply has been tapped clean, so why should she give a poo poo about this dumb nerd space project aside from its role as a rehearsal studio?

This is poetry, I love it.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

This is beyond the pale honestly, now I don't want CIG to burn out as a wet fart but to be taken to court and held accountable and ensure everyone involved with this never works in the industry again.

This is probably the most clear-cut legal case against CIG, someone needs to do something. We can laugh about how the game sucks and doesn't exist but when people who spent 40,000+ dollars on this scam get labeled in a way that no doubt discriminates/impacts the service they receive that's something else.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Whale opens a ticket: "We've already got their money, gently caress them!"

Minimum purchase player opens a ticket: "They're practically playing for free, gently caress them!"

Anyone else opens a ticket: "They don't understand game development, gently caress them!"

Somehow this has gotten them $115M.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

EightAce posted:

Are you watching ATV or RTV or 104tc then ?

Absolutely not. Sunday mornings are for runs on the boardwalk and omelettes with buttered toast

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

Cole is feeling grief

"Why can't we go back to the good ol' days when we could still call people trannys and faggots, and categorize them in a database so that we know what kind of service we should provide them?" -Cole

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Mendrian posted:

I think what's really funny is the level of effort involved. Like most companies that do customer relations of any kind have these kinds of designations - but they're implicit. Somebody isn't 'high maintenance' - they have a 'complex issue.' Someone isn't a 'snowflake' - they have 'unique challenges' or 'check past history' or something like that.

There's no reason to namecall someone through the ticket system except spite and a cartoonish desire to laugh behind their back.

This. But also, think about it: the backers are so clueless they can't even get work in helpdesk. Because anyone who's worked helpdesk knows this is a level 2/line manager/analyst level decision or at least implementation. That means orders from managment, the desk staff didn't come up with this. Basic rule of support: always professional language no matter how annoying the customer is, and you're entitled to refuse support if they are threatening or pathologically obsessive. I've seen people get in trouble for their notes, this lot have built it into the loving system.

Also lol at the doubting thomas:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

KiddieGrinder posted:

This is poetry, I love it.

Justin Tyme posted:

This is beyond the pale honestly, now I don't want CIG to burn out as a wet fart but to be taken to court and held accountable and ensure everyone involved with this never works in the industry again.

This is probably the most clear-cut legal case against CIG, someone needs to do something. We can laugh about how the game sucks and doesn't exist but when people who spent 40,000+ dollars on this scam get labeled in a way that no doubt discriminates/impacts the service they receive that's something else.

skaboomizzy posted:

Whale opens a ticket: "We've already got their money, gently caress them!"

Minimum purchase player opens a ticket: "They're practically playing for free, gently caress them!"

Anyone else opens a ticket: "They don't understand game development, gently caress them!"

Somehow this has gotten them $115M.

You guys obviously don't understand anything about tag development.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Murderion posted:

Using a customer's information to search for more information on them OTOH, is very naughty. Taking the info you've given them to search for information you haven't volunteered is a deliberate breach of data protection. We can see this in PGabz's case - they've used information he volunteered (the username he gave them) to dig up additional information (he posts on SA under the same name linking to videos on his Major Tom account), and used that information (to change his name with them and alter how customer services deals with him). If PGabz hasn't volunteered this info or mentioned it on the SC forums, they've been using his info without his permission in breach of the law. Even if he has, it's unnecessary information and wrong for them to store.

Under Australian law, this would be breaking both the Privacy and Trade Practices Acts, as both an invasion of privacy and anti-competitive behaviour since they're labelling customers with competitor labels even if the entities like SA etc aren't technically competitors. Derek Smart's label definitely is anti-competitive. Again, in the helpdesk environment, good practice is to regularly self-test on these Acts because any mistake you make is also a mistake by the company and will cost them and you a shitload of money and possible jail time. We take that poo poo seriously down here. So, Aussie customers, check your labels, document them and hence to the ACCC quickly before they change them. No, it's not a defence that they've fixed it.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

ewe2 posted:

This. But also, think about it: the backers are so clueless they can't even get work in helpdesk. Because anyone who's worked helpdesk knows this is a level 2/line manager/analyst level decision or at least implementation. That means orders from managment, the desk staff didn't come up with this. Basic rule of support: always professional language no matter how annoying the customer is, and you're entitled to refuse support if they are threatening or pathologically obsessive. I've seen people get in trouble for their notes, this lot have built it into the loving system.

Fun fact: UK Data Protection is on a personal liability basis - if you break the law, even on orders from above, you're liable. The CS guys are in a bit of a pickle if they used company resources to internet detective their customers. If Sandi ordered the CS team to implement this system, she's up for the fine. CIG can potentially avoid some company wide liability - if they fire Sandi. :kheldragar:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah make sure you all document this stuff as thoroughly as possible, thankfully I don't have an account with CIG to help :smug:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Murderion posted:

Fun fact: UK Data Protection is on a personal liability basis - if you break the law, even on orders from above, you're liable. The CS guys are in a bit of a pickle if they used company resources to internet detective their customers. If Sandi ordered the CS team to implement this system, she's up for the fine. CIG can potentially avoid some company wide liability - if they fire Sandi. :kheldragar:

It'd probably be something like Russian politics; someone who's outraged the general population will get "fired" in disgrace, but then re-hired as under a different title somewhere quieter and do the exact same job.

edit: there'd be a new hire after a couple weeks of Sandi's very public firing named Sandy Roberts, and she'll be the Head of Marketing Strategy or something.

KiddieGrinder fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 5, 2016

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
https://youtu.be/up6ToawtFxM

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

You guys obviously don't understand anything about tag development.

Hi, just came by to say this thread always moves too quickly anyhow but every time I've come across a post from you it has come across as part of some magnum opus of stupid that has no relation to anything else in the thread.

I guess what I'm saying is you probably should just stop posting.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

WebDO posted:

Hi, just came by to say this thread always moves too quickly anyhow but every time I've come across a post from you it has come across as part of some magnum opus of stupid that has no relation to anything else in the thread.

I guess what I'm saying is you probably should just stop posting.

I think there comes a moment where we ALL should probably stop posting. That said, I won't. But thanks anyway? There's too much anti-CIG sentiment here and I have to post double to balance things out buddy.

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
my advice to management: keep doing what you're doing

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

The_Groove posted:

my advice to management: keep doing what you're doing

Agreed, ramp it up a bit if anything

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

There's too much anti-CIG sentiment here
What do you think the reason for that is?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Sunswipe posted:

What do you think the reason for that is?

Likely no appreciate for an attempt to make the BDSSE. I say this knowing full well that AP will quote this post with a picture or video of a model missing feet, eyes or genitalia (albeit, a model from a game in alpha, pre-alpha, or whatever you guys want to call it).

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
I really appreciate the effort that went into making E:D, I don't know what thats got to do with this thread though.

Morningwoodpecker fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 5, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Are you a goon?

I'm a gnoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'