Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Josh Lyman posted:

finally you all understand my hate

well a lot of people pointed how creepy he was in season 3

don't blame nobody for wanting to believe in a positive story about an awkward nerd getting better as a person...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Symbolic Butt posted:

well a lot of people pointed how creepy he was in season 3

don't blame nobody for wanting to believe in a positive story about an awkward nerd getting better as a person...
No mercy for that beta bitch creeping on my Ahyoung. :colbert:

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Josh Lyman posted:

finally you all understand my hate

I've been on the hate train since his first appearance.

Anaconda Rifle posted:

The people who were rooting for Kyung-Hoon are what's wrong with the world.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

EVERYONE was on the hate train after his first appearance. People only started to root for him at all because season 4 he got a nice "terrible person and terrible player turns at least one of those things around" story going on, and stories like that are fun. It's no big surprise that he rolls back those improvements as soon as the show is over.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
He's no bastion of feminism like Dongmin is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
People can have both good and bad qualities, news at eleven

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
hi my name is kyunghoon and i'm a tittyholic

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
dongmin cheated in the finals and is just runnign a smear campaign to prevent anyone from digging

Rob Filter
Jan 19, 2009
I remember during the rebel / traitor game where he grabbed one of the women's face to ask her if she was a rebel or not, violating her personal space.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
FUCKIN'

PUMPKIN

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Treated myself to two episodes of the Genius Game tonight: S3 Ep4/Ep 5.

Sword and Shield has to be the shortest game so far! Other than that, I'm a bit disappointed that Dongmin and Ahyoung [probably not spelt right] are the only ones with a bit of personality. I hope Dongmin and Hyumin make it to the final, that'd be a game! I've had to do my best to tip-toe around spoilers on this thread.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
I saw Ah-young the other day hosting some sort of international debate show on Arirang (Arirang is basically a state sponsored English speaking Korean TV channel.) I remember them saying she went to Harvard and I can attest her English is pretty much perfect.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Bankok posted:

Ah-young ... is pretty much perfect.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
Just finished Season Three and I thought it was actually pretty good. There were a few lackluster games as always, I'm never too keen on betting games. But I really liked Janggi! I think I'll be playing a bit of that myself.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Anaconda Rifle posted:

Ah-young ... is pretty much perfect.

The truth.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Season 5???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pAsLKaNUj8

Bumdi also reporting that Crime Scene's PD intends to make a 3rd season

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
yes please and yes please

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

archduke.iago posted:

Bumdi also reporting that Crime Scene's PD intends to make a 3rd season

I hope they keep the same exact cast.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
If you wanted to introduce someone new to The Genius, what season would you have them watch first?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the first...

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

i81icu812 posted:

If you wanted to introduce someone new to The Genius, what season would you have them watch first?

Just start with 1.1 and let them keep watching if it strikes their interest. That first ep was some lightning in a bottle right there.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

i81icu812 posted:

Season one.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
season 1, yes. Just skip season 2, is all.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

While this is bumped, does anyone know if there's been a compilation torrent or something of the entire series with Bumdi's subs?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Every time I see a bunch of new posts in this thread, I rush in thinking maybe a new season has been announced. Breaks my heart every time.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Propaganda Machine posted:

season 1, yes. Just skip season 2, is all.

This is nonsense. The Genius is a rare treat you savor every last drop of it.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Shakugan posted:

Every time I see a bunch of new posts in this thread, I rush in thinking maybe a new season has been announced. Breaks my heart every time.

Yep.

Oops, did it again.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't think it was Genius news, I thought it might be news on a new season of Crime Scene. :sigh:

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Thanks to a recommendation in this year's Survivor thread, I've now watched all of The Genius and Crime Scene 2. I'm starting to watch CS1 now and big thanks to whomever said to watch CS2 before CS1. Wow is it slow, they really fixed the pacing issues in just one season. I don't know if I'd continue watching all the way through CS1 if I didn't already see CS2. Oh yeah and I guess I should finish watching the 2nd half of this year's Survivor too...

Earlier this week I had to do a delivery for work, and it was to a young Korean lady. She was talking to I assume her mother, and thanks to The Genius I recognized her language specifically as Korean. Before I left I asked her if she had ever seen a Korean TV show called The Genius or Crime Scene, and man - her eyes lit up and she told me those were her favorite TV shows. That was fun since I can guarantee she'd never met any white guys who had ever seen these shows before.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
The same thing happened to me a few months ago but the girl then proceeded to link me to The Genius fanfiction she had written.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Suspicious Dish posted:

The same thing happened to me a few months ago but the girl then proceeded to link me to The Genius fanfiction she had written.

You say this like its a bad thing, I WISH this could happen to me

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

GuavaMoment posted:

Thanks to a recommendation in this year's Survivor thread, I've now watched all of The Genius and Crime Scene 2. I'm starting to watch CS1 now and big thanks to whomever said to watch CS2 before CS1. Wow is it slow, they really fixed the pacing issues in just one season. I don't know if I'd continue watching all the way through CS1 if I didn't already see CS2. Oh yeah and I guess I should finish watching the 2nd half of this year's Survivor too...

Earlier this week I had to do a delivery for work, and it was to a young Korean lady. She was talking to I assume her mother, and thanks to The Genius I recognized her language specifically as Korean. Before I left I asked her if she had ever seen a Korean TV show called The Genius or Crime Scene, and man - her eyes lit up and she told me those were her favorite TV shows. That was fun since I can guarantee she'd never met any white guys who had ever seen these shows before.

Yeah cs2 is infinitely better than cs1. Though 2.1 is kinda weird.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Suspicious Dish posted:

Post the link!!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
no

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 6, 2016

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why would you want to read The Genius fanfiction?

Hell, why would someone want to write The Genius fanfiction? That just sounds weird and terrible :psyduck:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

NeuroticLich posted:

Why would you want to read The Genius fanfiction?

Hell, why would someone want to write The Genius fanfiction? That just sounds weird and terrible :psyduck:

I dunno, I could see the appeal of Dong Note.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Might be fun coming up with various games and how the cast would respond to them.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I dunno about you guys, but I'm shipping Ahyoung and Titty God.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Propaganda Machine posted:

I dunno about you guys, but I'm shipping Ahyoung and Titty God.

He doesn't deserve her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Hopefully next season has total new cast and no returnees.

By the way what do you guys think of the death match system where the players eliminate few games before the Nunna picks one of the remaining games to be played?