Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

K. Flaps posted:

Tolerate my balls, the ending and the whole last arc of One Outs was crap.

I only watched the anime so maybe the manga is trash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Hakumei to Mikochi

This is really good! I don't know if the seinen thread is the right place, but I want to talk about it with people!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah, I also recently started reading it and it's a wonderful little thing. Very well realized world and cast with an intensely appealing aesthetic.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Gale Raziya posted:

Hakumei to Mikochi

This is really good! I don't know if the seinen thread is the right place, but I want to talk about it with people!

Thanks for the share, this is fantastic

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

I like them so much, it's a really good dynamic. It isn't just "the dumb one" and "the smart one", they both have good and and bad qualities. I don't know! I really like these little ladies.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the new arc is so intense after all the chill previous chapters

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

I think Dungeon Meshi ruined manga for me by being too good.

I looked pretty drat hard but are there any fantasy series that are just people doing mundane things like cooking in a fantasy world?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

try literally the only other manga mentioned on this page

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014

Davincie posted:

try literally the only manga

Read Helck

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Two new chapters of Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru went up on Crunchyroll. The last chapter is really good, but it feels like Masakazu's wrapping things up with a chapter title like that :(. Kon best girl still.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I kept seeing this series I've never heard of popping up in kissmangas new chapter feed called Fuuka, and I gave it a few chapters, it seemed alright. Got to about chapter 34 or so and had a feeling I was Gonna Have A Bad Time, and L I T E R A L L Y right after, the No-Fun Truck came to play.

My question is, is the series worth continuing, I think fridgingtrucking the most interesting character means a definitive "no", but it's got like 100 more chapters after that. Is it just going to be yuu just continuing on his band ~in tribute~ to his dead girlfriend or does it somehow redeem itself

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Fuuka's by the person who made Kimi no Iru Machi and Suzuka, I think you'll be dealing with a mixed bag either way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I do not know what either of those are

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Bad.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I'll put it this way

Maybe don't read Fuuka
also character in the image is ALSO named Fuuka:ssh:

OneDeadman fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 8, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Captain Invictus posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

OneDeadman posted:

I'll put it this way

Maybe don't read Fuuka
also character in the image is ALSO named Fuuka:ssh:

Is that from fuuka? Is this author just an alias for truck - based gimmick death?

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
The humble Japanese Truck has the highest body count in all manga history. Planetary genocides included.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's from Fuuka

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So OneDeadman, have you read all of it? Care to give a rundown of what happens after chapter 36? I'm curious of how it continues on for like a hundred more chapters(and is still going apparently), especially if it introduces ANOTHER character named Fuuka. Just by knowing they put another rocker in named Fuuka(does yuu also fall for her?) makes me think that the author wanted to backdown on killing Fuuka 1 off early on.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Surely there is only one person named Fuuka in all of Japan, right now

Batigh posted:

The humble Japanese Truck has the highest body count in all manga history. Planetary genocides included.
Spontaneously reminds me of that one i read a while back where the MC who can "respawn" after death tries to use his rewind power to stop his love interest from getting run over by a truck, and he keeps failing. It's like the truck and the love interest are fated to meet, violently.
That story alone probably inflated the truck body count significantly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HenryEx posted:

Surely there is only one person named Fuuka in all of Japan, right now
There is a reason most fiction does not re-use character names, especially for main characters.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

captain invictus should read all of seo kouji's works. he deserves it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

was this the author that had a couple finally get together and have a kid in one work, and then immediately have that kid get hit by a truck in another one

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Davincie posted:

was this the author that had a couple finally get together and have a kid in one work, and then immediately have that kid get hit by a truck in another one
That is who fuuka apparently is, it seems.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
More like gently caress nah I ain't gonna read that.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Captain Invictus posted:

So OneDeadman, have you read all of it? Care to give a rundown of what happens after chapter 36? I'm curious of how it continues on for like a hundred more chapters(and is still going apparently), especially if it introduces ANOTHER character named Fuuka. Just by knowing they put another rocker in named Fuuka(does yuu also fall for her?) makes me think that the author wanted to backdown on killing Fuuka 1 off early on.
A lot of those chapters are some generic training arcs But, iirc I think the Second fuuka enters like 10 or so chapters later as basically a rocker with her own band and everything who ends up going to the same Label as Yuu and co. Also, when Yuu gets over Fuuka 1.0's death he vows to never love again, which he tells to Fuuka 2.0 and she also has vowed to never love again for reasons.

The most recent chapters have been some hot garbage where Fuuka 2.0 is going in the deep end blaming herself for "killing" Fuuka 1.0, because you see the reason why she vowed to never love again is because her dad was the Truck driver that killed Fuuka 1.0 who she learned had a boyfriend. It has been the most convoluted excuse for drama and it makes me think that the whole killing Fuuka 1.0 was all some dumb plan by Seo for this stupid excuse for relationship drama between these two characters.

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Awesome a bunch of posts about terrible shonen manga!!

You should all be beaten to death with volumes of Hyouge Mono. http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/hyouge-mono-r4242

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

OneDeadman posted:

A lot of those chapters are some generic training arcs But, iirc I think the Second fuuka enters like 10 or so chapters later as basically a rocker with her own band and everything who ends up going to the same Label as Yuu and co. Also, when Yuu gets over Fuuka 1.0's death he vows to never love again, which he tells to Fuuka 2.0 and she also has vowed to never love again for reasons.

The most recent chapters have been some hot garbage where Fuuka 2.0 is going in the deep end blaming herself for "killing" Fuuka 1.0, because you see the reason why she vowed to never love again is because her dad was the Truck driver that killed Fuuka 1.0 who she learned had a boyfriend. It has been the most convoluted excuse for drama and it makes me think that the whole killing Fuuka 1.0 was all some dumb plan by Seo for this stupid excuse for relationship drama between these two characters.
Hahaha, magnificent. Dude couldn't write himself out of a paper bag. And you shouldn't quote creepy folks like dick spacious.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Looking at Dorohedoro, has this all been part of the head devil's plan to wipe out all the human devils?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hypocrisy posted:

Looking at Dorohedoro, has this all been part of the head devil's plan to wipe out all the human devils?

I don't think so (though it's also obvious he doesn't care much whether the human devils live or die). I get the impression that he is excited at the prospect of a pseudo-devil that he didn't create himself coming about as a result of Ai's actions, since up until now he's basically been all alone except for either organisms he created (the magicians and devils) or the Hole humans (which are short-lived mortal beings he can't really relate to). The idea of another immortal god-like being coming into existence is probably exciting for him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In the latest let's lagoon, we go from supernatural to full-blown sci-fi. :allears:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I've been going through the thread from the beginning to catch series I've missed recommendations for, and whoever posted Kokou No Hito way early in the thread, holy crap thank you.
That was an excellent read, way better than I expected even with the strong recommendation. Dude's journey and struggle to grow as a human being, thrown against isolation and obsession, with the art used to illustrate all the psychological stuff awesomely. Also, some awesome rock climbing art.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
The past few weeks haven't had a lot of seinen manga updates have they?
Somehow all the series I'm currently following are published on seinen magazines.

coathat
May 21, 2007

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/blue-flame-r19084
It's about drat time someone started translating it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

poo poo's getting pretty real in Inu Yashiki

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was gonna say poo poo's already gotten pretty real in Inu Yashiki but then I read the chapter uhhhh

such a OH. poo poo. page

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

coathat posted:

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/blue-flame-r19084
It's about drat time someone started translating it.

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Um. Not sure if this really needs to exist. ERASED:Gaiden

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-dake-ga-Inai-Machi-Gaiden/ch-001?id=276662