Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Ofaloaf posted:

Teeny bit of Russia was accidentally given to the United States.

"accidentally" :airquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Hmmm, my Italian army in Ethiopia got annihilated...

In the tutorial.

I'm quite sure that's not supposed to happen...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A lot of Vicky flags a reused, meaning that the Great Crab of Latvia lives again.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Napoleon

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Fondly reminiscing on the HOI3 launch thread where the OP posted a link to the concurrently launched demo, but it was 'accidentally' actually a pirated copy of full game.

Can't wait to get home and get my preordered HOI4 on!

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Enjoy posted:

Napoleon
No, like, how do you have that up and in running condition already

Who did you bribe, I want names.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

No, like, how do you have that up and in running condition already

Who did you bribe, I want names.

I was in the beta

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Enjoy posted:

I was in the beta
You monster.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Enjoy posted:

I've been making a mod but I played Stellaris a bunch so it ain't ready

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698650453

I am aroused, tell me more.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

WMain00 posted:

Hmmm, my Italian army in Ethiopia got annihilated...

In the tutorial.

I'm quite sure that's not supposed to happen...

Weird mine are winning this easily.
I'll probably restart it as a new Italy game later. Anyone know if it's a good idea to build a strong submarine and air wing to control the med and be aggressive in the balkans and arabia?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I watched like 6 hours of DDRjake streams and a couple of world war wednesdays and I still have no idea what the gently caress is going on

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Downloading now. Please be good...please be good.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Hardness values seem to be through the roof. MEC has 60-70-80% hardness as you climb in tech and MBTs have ninety-eight percent hardness. :eyepop:

I mean, you're never going to actually use MBTs, but...

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

ZearothK posted:

I am aroused, tell me more.

It's going to have a kind of tree for the national focuses

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Will I actually be able to make a viable alt-history Italy that can close off the Med in this one? Or a 1932 Germany that saw the value in naval aviation and the aircraft carrier a decade before anybody else? I kept trying and failing in HoI3.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

davecrazy posted:

Will I actually be able to make a viable alt-history Italy that can close off the Med in this one? I kept trying and failing in HoI3.

Yeah if you take Gib and Suez everything inside the Med stops getting supplies

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

Weird mine are winning this easily.
I'll probably restart it as a new Italy game later. Anyone know if it's a good idea to build a strong submarine and air wing to control the med and be aggressive in the balkans and arabia?

Strange. Mine took days and days to go anywhere. In the meantime Ethiopian forces surrounded the Italian front and took it one by one until eventually my forces were cut off, then defeated.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Enjoy posted:

I was in the beta

:(

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Enjoy posted:

Yeah if you take Gib and Suez everything inside the Med stops getting supplies

So basically just get Spain to join a bloc and then the battle for North Africa will be hugely important.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Paralyzed with indecision over who to play, I elected to run an observer game with historical focuses off, just to see what would happen.

Oh.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

Paralyzed with indecision over who to play, I elected to run an observer game with historical focuses off, just to see what would happen.

Oh.

Moustache snobs faction, no Charlie Chaplain lookalikes allowed

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ofaloaf posted:

Oh.

You have to forgive Marshall Petain, poor guy barely knows where he is half the time.

He still thinks that America is run by "that Wilson boy".

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

I might be missing the obvious, but how do you create a new theater?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
lol there are two swastika mods already

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So how long until a massive Goon co-op game as part of single nation that would likely start off well before collapsing into infighting and defeat?

Because that seems like it'd be a pretty accurate simulation of the German WWII experience.

It's certainly a way to revolutionise the LP experience.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Wow, so leader portraits, are 156x210

Which is not a multiple of four, so the Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop won't save it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Fondly reminiscing on the HOI3 launch thread where the OP posted a link to the concurrently launched demo, but it was 'accidentally' actually a pirated copy of full game.

Can't wait to get home and get my preordered HOI4 on!

That was awesome. The full version of the game walled behind a "X" you could click in the upper right hand corner. :laffo:

e: the Custom Start option they allowed in the one DLC was great. It was super time consuming, gamey, and broke the game in plenty of ways, but I think I spent more time doing that than anything else

Decrepus fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 6, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How do I transport units by sea? :downs:

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

dublish posted:

Under your existing theatres there should be a slim, wide button

-Troika- posted:

How do I transport units by sea? :downs:

Move the unit to a port province and then right click the destination port (the anchor icon)

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Tuskin38 posted:

Which is not a multiple of four, so the Nvidia DDS plugin for Photoshop won't save it.

GIMP seems happy with it.

At last, GIMP beats PS at something

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Autonomous Monster posted:

GIMP seems happy with it.

At last, GIMP beats PS at something

eh, I just increased the height by 2 pixels, it looks fine

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Now to figure out how to become communist ireland.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Now to figure out how to become communist ireland.

Focus tree + Political advisor with communist focus.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Three goons, one Japan, what could go wrong?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

based on the loading screens alone 10/10 GOTY

factory lady is my hearts of iron waifu

e: What the hell, there's a full suite of graphics options.

I saw a loading screen with Roosevelt and Churchill planning war strategy with Hitler :allears:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Xerophyte posted:

Well, there is "German Reich" for fascist Germany.

Speaking of fascist Sweden, today is our independence day! 493 years of not being Denmark! Royal babies are being paraded, the creepy nationalists are out in force and no one has to work. Except, apparently, for the poor people slaving away at Paradox. :sweden:

I worked too! No rest for us at Gröna Lund. I guess a whole ton of people wanted to celebrate Sweden by standing in queues all day. Hey, I ain't judging.

A good thing about working all day is that I haven't seen a single obnoxious "sverigevän" who claims he can't jerk off on the flag quite as vigorously as he'd like. No cellphone at work means no social media!

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 6, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

RagnarokAngel posted:

I saw a loading screen with Roosevelt and Churchill planning war strategy with Hitler :allears:

The Fuhrer would never associate with a man in a wheelchair, give me my refund.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Tuskin38 posted:

eh, I just increased the height by 2 pixels, it looks fine

This is pretty much the way to go if you're using Photoshop. If you add pixels to make a multiple of 4, apply them to the bottom and right of the image, as I believe Paradox base their image origin at 0,0 (top left corner). Everything outside of that will just not exist. This can get a little weird if you're doing stuff with transparency, though, like interfaces. You've been warned!

Alternatively, I think Paradox uses Paint.Net, of all things. You could just use that if you want.

podcat
Jun 21, 2012

Hardness values seem to be through the roof. MEC has 60-70-80% hardness as you climb in tech and MBTs have ninety-eight percent hardness. :eyepop:

I mean, you're never going to actually use MBTs, but...

they only really work well when mixed in with other troops so you will seldom see such high hardness, but yeah hard attack gets important late game (unlike hoi3 where it never really was)

dublish posted:

select/create a command group and click the "new theater" button on the right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My Historical AI so far has been really, really historical. poo poo's good.