Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i liked the sexting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Baal posted:

There's a rumor passing around that Sony is publishing P5 in the west and that it's gonna get a worldwide release, but there's no real reputable source for it, which probably damns it more than anything else.

even if true I will keep my JP Collector's Edition pre-order because im a loving idiot

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Same

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

never finished the game huh

Tbf Thomas Mutton didn't give a poo poo about world conquest or anything, he was just making sure all of the dudes were loving ladies so the human race could keep going regardless of how one sided a part of that equation felt in the matter.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

never finished the game huh

An ending doesn't spoil the story before it. Also, none of the endings are world shattering. You're silly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Endings can in fact spoil games they arent even the end of

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kaneko did a drawing for Famitsu's 30th anniversary issue!

It's the first public work he's done since Strange Journey!

Hee-ho!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Waffleman_ posted:

Kaneko did a drawing for Famitsu's 30th anniversary issue!

It's the first public work he's done since Strange Journey!

Hee-ho!

I like that the game he is holding is called "Legendary Legend 2".

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neeksy posted:

I like that the game he is holding is called "Legendary Legend 2".

Kaneko is a big fan of Legends of Legends.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
There will be no p5 news at e3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

P5 will be released Sega Saturn style at E3 simultaneous worldwide release.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The only P5 news will be that it is delayed to Q3 2017 so they can rework Makoto now that she's been exposed as Nanako.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

hubris.height posted:

There will be no p5 news at e3

You lose! Good day, sir!

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
Finished Persona 3 Portable. Didn't found out until very late in the game that lots of people think it's better to play FES and then Portable as FeMC but eh. Pretty fun game, though personally it didn't have the quite the same emotional payoff as P4. Not really sure if I have a best grill, the character variety felt well balanced.

And stat cards are hilariously OP, my MVP persona was Kali with 99 strength / luck / agility with Revolution -> Power Charge -> Deathbound (with protag using crit-up sword). There was also Alice rocking Die For Me and Salvation with Spell Master and Cool Breeze, so blocks 5 and 6 were hilariously easy. And I had made enough copies of high counter to put it on all six of my main personas, with spares. So yeah I had fun with the dungeon crawling because I played scummy

Looked at a guide afterwards and realised I had missed on four whole social links being Fortune, Temperance, Hierophant and Sun.

ScottyWired fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 6, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
my end game strategy was Siegfried with 99 ST rocking Power Charge - Vorpal Blade with Arms Master triple critting Nyx every turn (except for when phys didn't work then I think I just used someone with Megidolaon and SP Burn and I just spammed the poo poo out of that

also with those SL's, Temperance's is poo poo, Fortune's is ok, Sun is iffy (but you get a neat little call back in P4 to it) and Hierophant's good

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jun 6, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I was booking and planning my vacations and I totally coincidentally will probably be in Tokyo when P5 comes out

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was booking and planning my vacations and I totally coincidentally will probably be in Tokyo when P5 comes out

buy some cool weeb poo poo and bring it back with you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Look at this year's E3 badges.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can't wait for them to announce the 2018 international release date

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
They're going to announce that you can play it right now on your Playstation Vita.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I want that hat

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Accordion Man posted:

They're going to announce that you can play it right now on your Playstation Vita.

I bought a ps4 for this game, I don't want to have to buy a vita as well

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ScottyWired posted:

Finished Persona 3 Portable. Didn't found out until very late in the game that lots of people think it's better to play FES and then Portable as FeMC but eh. Pretty fun game, though personally it didn't have the quite the same emotional payoff as P4. Not really sure if I have a best grill, the character variety felt well balanced.

And stat cards are hilariously OP, my MVP persona was Kali with 99 strength / luck / agility with Revolution -> Power Charge -> Deathbound (with protag using crit-up sword). There was also Alice rocking Die For Me and Salvation with Spell Master and Cool Breeze, so blocks 5 and 6 were hilariously easy. And I had made enough copies of high counter to put it on all six of my main personas, with spares. So yeah I had fun with the dungeon crawling because I played scummy

Looked at a guide afterwards and realised I had missed on four whole social links being Fortune, Temperance, Hierophant and Sun.

You didn't miss out on too much with the first three but Sun is a legitimately good SL.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Byolante posted:

I bought a ps4 for this game, I don't want to have to buy a vita as well

They've confirmed like 5 times over it's definitely still getting a PS3 version localized tho.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

buy some cool weeb poo poo and bring it back with you

WHy else would I be in tokyo

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

They've confirmed like 5 times over it's definitely still getting a PS3 version localized tho.

Why would you want to play anything but the best version though?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ScottyWired posted:

Now play 1 and 2 (and Other 2).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waffleman_ posted:

Look at this year's E3 badges.

rockin' :clint:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Alabaster White posted:

Why would you want to play anything but the best version though?

The PS3 and PS4 versions are going to be near identical

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the ps4 version will probably load a hell of a lot quicker, which is nice

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I purchased a ps4 to play a Persona 5 with potentially slightly better frame rate and slightly better graphics. And hell, everyone else should too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bought a ps4 to play bloodborne but slightly better persona 5 is def an added benefit

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I bought a ps3 for P5 because I was relatively poor.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

I bought a ps3 for P5 because I was relatively poor.

Don't worry. After playing P5 you will learn some sweet heist techniques and then be able to steal a ps4.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

2/14/17

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
gently caress.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh god we have to wait till 2017 to play persona 5

kill me now

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Do you hear that

It's the sound of #FE being GOTY again

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Sad about the wait, but still.

Edit: It's this edition that's PS4-exclusive to be clear, the email says the PS3 version is still happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

When can I preorder this useless bullshit