Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Has T-Mobile changed its plans? I'm on the $80 unlimited/7gb tether plan. I'm trying to go to something less expensive since I really don't use that much data especially since binge on, but I don't see this plan even available anymore. Is it worth keeping? I probably use between 1-3 gb per month.

Other question - I moved recently and would like to get a new phone number for my SIM card. I'm using Google voice mainly, but I would like to have a local area code on my SIM for various reasons. Is there an easy way to do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

FogHelmut posted:

Has T-Mobile changed its plans? I'm on the $80 unlimited/7gb tether plan. I'm trying to go to something less expensive since I really don't use that much data especially since binge on, but I don't see this plan even available anymore. Is it worth keeping? I probably use between 1-3 gb per month.

Other question - I moved recently and would like to get a new phone number for my SIM card. I'm using Google voice mainly, but I would like to have a local area code on my SIM for various reasons. Is there an easy way to do this?

There is currently a family plan for 2 lines at $80/mo with 6GB Data for each. You could get in on a family plan with someone and cut your bill in half.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Astro7x posted:

There is currently a family plan for 2 lines at $80/mo with 6GB Data for each. You could get in on a family plan with someone and cut your bill in half.

Got a link to this? I had to bump my wife's postpaid plan from 2GB to 6GB and it would pretty much be the same (if not less) to put both of us on that plan, as it would to keep me on nerd plan and her on a single-line postpaid.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Does that include all of the regular stuff? Data stash, binge on, etc?

Is this a special deal? The website has the 2 lines/6gb for $110. Also notes LIMITED TIME DEAL: Get 4 phone lines with 6GB of LTE data per line for only $120/mo. That’s $30/line! Only available when you CALL 1-844-222-1848 now!

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 25, 2016

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
poo poo, maybe it's over. Just googled it and they were calling it the "Spring Break Promotion"

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/spring-promotion.htm

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Some markets had $70 for two lines, 6gb of data with data stash. I think that’s over too though.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Astro7x posted:

I was actually getting ready to switch to this earlier this month, had no idea it was a limited time promotion and missed it.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Current Promos are 2 lines for $100 for 10 Gigs on each line or 4 lines for $120 with 6 gigs on each line.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Burden posted:

Current Promos are 2 lines for $100 for 10 Gigs on each line or 4 lines for $120 with 6 gigs on each line.

Link please? Can't find it on the site.

Edit: Thanks!

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 27, 2016

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Link please? Can't find it on the site.

4 lines for $120 with 6 gigs
http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/unlimited-data-story-freeline.html?icid=WMM_TM_3111DTSTRY_84GD6Z2F09F5022

The Family plan page defaults to the 2 lines for $100 with 10 gigs

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans.html#2lines

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is there a difference between the Simply Prepaid Music Unlimited and the Simple Choice Music Freedom? I don't really need Binge On or International Texting. I don't see why I wouldn't get the $40 3gb Simply Prepaid plan over the $50 2gb Simple Choice plan. I use Google Play Music pretty regularly, that's it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kuoToqdc2E&t=1074s

Uncarrier 11 Live Stream recording.

-T-Mobile Tuesdays, download the app and just get free poo poo for being with T-Mobile. Stuff like a free Dominos pizza, free frostie, free ticket to see Warcraft in theaters...
-Giving existing customers a free share of T-Mobile stock, and giving stock for referring customers.
-Free 1 hour of Gogo on domestic flights.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

T-Mobile continues to be pretty cool.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
How do you get the free gogo?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

r0ck0 posted:

How do you get the free gogo?

The service is already pretty lovely, you'd be lucky if it even works. But TBH I do not know.

Probably more info in the app tomorrow

iPhone App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tmobile-tuesdays/id1111876388
Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tmobile.tuesdays

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Going to eat my free pizza for sure.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jesus Christ now T-Mo is hooking me up with movie tickets and pizza? Is it possible for a cellphone service provider to be the greatest friend ever?

[Edit: T-Brobile]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 7, 2016

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
As far as I understand, the Tuesdays app will for the moment give you these every week for each line on the account:
Free carryout medium 2-top from Dominos
Free Vudu rental
Free small frosty at Wendy's

And then some/most/all weeks another gift which this week is:
Free warcraft ticket to use 6/10-6/12

A chance to win a big prize (trip, shopping spree, etc)

All have to be redeemed ON Tuesday.

Postpaid account holders can get a full share TMUS stock right away. And get up to 99 more for customers who transfer their number in at least 24 hours after you text them a special link. 2 stocks per referral if your account is >5 years.

The free Gogo is automatic and I believe per flight (maybe per plane?) There may be a validation that it's a live T-Mobile number.

repeating fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 7, 2016

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

The free ticket is for the Warcraft movie? drat it, I knew there was a catch!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I was hoping that it was a code that would work for a free movie ticket that we were supposed to use for Warcraft but could use for any film. Oh well, it's still more than AT&T or Verizon ever gave me!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Welp, site app is getting hammered to no one's surprise.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I was unable to obtain a free Frosty at Wendys. It is a sad day.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

The hysterical thing?

I had insomnia, so I logged in at 5am. Got a couple of things.

I tried logging in now, to see what was still available, and it kicked me out, made me re-register my same phone number, and then said that I had 0 prizes redeemed - and there's none left. I know it's just a sill movie ticket, but there's some sort of tech support for this, right?

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 7, 2016

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The app has been getting hammered all day. Your stuff will probably pop back up once that stops.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

SeANMcBAY posted:

The app has been getting hammered all day. Your stuff will probably pop back up once that stops.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If not - oh no. I can't watch the Warcraft film for free.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

If the whole idea to TMob Tuesday is to hammer their servers for a limited supply of freebies, feels like kind of a waste of time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The items are supposed to be limited? I thought it was for every customer that checked the app on Tuesday.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

bobfather posted:

Some markets had $70 for two lines, 6gb of data with data stash. I think that’s over too though.

Just walked in and got this deal today in Detroit. Coming from Cricket it's a pretty damned good deal.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

TraderStav posted:

Just walked in and got this deal today in Detroit. Coming from Cricket it's a pretty damned good deal.

What's especially great about it is government and (I think) corporate discounts work on it, so you can get up to 15% off on that particular plan.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

bobfather posted:

What's especially great about it is government and (I think) corporate discounts work on it, so you can get up to 15% off on that particular plan.

Can those be applied after the fact? Doubt my company has one but who knows what other affiliations I'm eligible for.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I thought T-Mo killed corp discounts?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Skeezy posted:

I thought T-Mo killed corp discounts?

They probably did. Government discounts aren't dead though.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

TraderStav posted:

Can those be applied after the fact? Doubt my company has one but who knows what other affiliations I'm eligible for.

Sure, you just send in the proof of your affiliation with the company.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

I have a Canadian Samsung phone, unlocked, and using on TMobile USA. I try to get the Tuesdays app and the store won't load it (to a foreign phone). I go to a dekstop browser, Google Play says no compatible devices. Is there any way around this to make it be seen as a native phone with TMobile USA?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I enjoyed my free frosty but drat if T-Mobile didn't underestimate their server requirements or something. Took several tries to be able to actually view my offers.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Got my free pizza, will probably collect the free frosty on my way off of work today. Decided to skip on the Warcraft tix, tho. gently caress that noise.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

$5.50 for a free* Vudu movie.

*Movies cost $5.99

Diafthora
Sep 22, 2003

All I wanted to do was introduce him to Mr. Axe

FogHelmut posted:

$5.50 for a free* Vudu movie.

*Movies cost $5.99

SD rentals are 4.99. I used it to watch Zootopia last night via Chromecast, and the quality difference wasn't that noticeable. It's a free movie, so whatever. If you wanna upgrade to HD, it'll cost an additional 50 cent. Not exactly gonna break the bank. Smart marketing on their part, really.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I just took the stock ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

I took the stock and the Warcraft movie.

Broke rear end and easily amused student here.