Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

DrSunshine posted:

Hey, uhm, didn't the guy who was doing that die? I recall hearing something about that somewhere. :(

gently caress. I was blitzing these and they were super cute and now I'm sad...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I legit cried when I found out he died. Right before my birthday too.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

This is the cutest thing though.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Dead Dead Demon's DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Guys, I'm not entirely convinced that the humans are entirely in the right here...!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

Dead Dead Demon's DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Guys, I'm not entirely convinced that the humans are entirely in the right here...!

There's someone in the comments legitimately arguing that humans are entirely in the right here :psyduck:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Two new chapters of Criminale -

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-015--Honey?id=275816

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-016--Ukanmuri?id=275817

The new character seems very promising.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 5, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yeah, very promising indeed! More girl characters with monocles and tophats, please. This should be a trend in manga.

You know what else is trendy? T-Rex Girls and Grumpy Psychics.

It's a great chapter of Saiki by the way. He has an encounter with a ghost!! It's the first chapter in a long time that has actually made me laugh out loud!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jun 6, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Gale Raziya posted:

Hakumei to Mikochi

This is really good! I don't know if the seinen thread is the right place, but I want to talk about it with people!

Cross-quoting from seinen thread. This isn't really surreal, but it is the sort of whimsical fantasy daily life that this thread adores as well

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Actually was just recommended that by a friend, read a few chapters and love it. Not enough time to post about it until now though, so thanks! :D

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

You know what else is trendy? T-Rex Girls

Thankfully, a new chapter is out again!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/T-REX-na-Kanojo/Vol-002-Ch-026--Her-Concern-For-You?id=275958

Man, I wish these came out as often as At Each Other's Throats and Tomo Chan did.

edit: Whoops, first link didn't take you directly to the new chapter.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 6, 2016

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Fellis posted:

Cross-quoting from seinen thread. This isn't really surreal, but it is the sort of whimsical fantasy daily life that this thread adores as well

It's very nice, and also in the middle of a new release flood. I believe a new volume just came out, and the scanlators are pumping out a chapter every couple of days. It's a great series about two tiny, hard-working, hard-drinking sprites and all the forest folk and critters they interact with daily.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Thankfully, a new chapter is out again!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/T-REX-na-Kanojo/Vol-002-Ch-026--Her-Concern-For-You?id=275958

Man, I wish these came out as often as At Each Other's Throats and Tomo Chan did.

edit: Whoops, first link didn't take you directly to the new chapter.

Wonderful! Ah, so T-Rex is a webcomic. That's pretty neat, don't they publish a new strip each day or something? At least that's the way it is with Tomo-chan.

Speaking of which, if SOMEONE:argh:RODENTHARRRR:mad: would make the [regular] Daily Life thread, Tomo-chan's a Girl! would probably be one of the thread's darlings. Although, actually, given how often scans come out ... and how gosh darn cute and funny it is, maybe it warrants its own thread!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I cannot get into Tomo-chan despite liking Yanagida's art and humor because it really really annoys me to see "Hey I like you wanna go out on a date sometime" dragged out for months/years/the lifespan of the entire series. Same reason why I don't really like Takagi-san.

It's me, I am the Funhater.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

Wonderful! Ah, so T-Rex is a webcomic. That's pretty neat, don't they publish a new strip each day or something? At least that's the way it is with Tomo-chan.

Speaking of which, if SOMEONE:argh:RODENTHARRRR:mad: would make the [regular] Daily Life thread, Tomo-chan's a Girl! would probably be one of the thread's darlings. Although, actually, given how often scans come out ... and how gosh darn cute and funny it is, maybe it warrants its own thread!

I'm sorry, I went halfway across the world to a field camp in the Pontid mountains, so my time is limited. A few minutes in the morning and evening is about all I can manage. :(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

I cannot get into Tomo-chan despite liking Yanagida's art and humor because it really really annoys me to see "Hey I like you wanna go out on a date sometime" dragged out for months/years/the lifespan of the entire series. Same reason why I don't really like Takagi-san.

It's me, I am the Funhater.

Nah, it's cool, it's not like every manga can appeal to everyone.

I didn't care for Nisekoi or Konosuba, for example.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm sorry, I went halfway across the world to a field camp in the Pontid mountains, so my time is limited. A few minutes in the morning and evening is about all I can manage. :(

Wellp, off to the word processor! I'll cobble together a few normal daily life mangas to showcase. :)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

Wellp, off to the word processor! I'll cobble together a few normal daily life mangas to showcase. :)

Much appreciated! I'll definitely pop by when I have time! (Wow how is it 2100 already)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nao throwing up the horns and in general finally getting her chance to shine in the latest Flying Witch.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Those of you who aren't pumped for the new chapter, get out.

e.

Chito what are you doing you're a cat not a dog stop

Mikl fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 9, 2016

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Driving Witch

Huh?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Everybody in Flying Witch is so good. :3:

Also, I just caught up with the last few Kuro updates I'd missed and...huh.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Kanojo wa Rokurokubi updated with a rather informative flashback chapter.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Nao throwing up the horns and in general finally getting her chance to shine in the latest Flying Witch.

I love this -- every chapter of it -- it's like a magical version of Yotsuba& -- (What happened to that?!?)

Yeah, I encourage all to get on board with this one. There's a certain way this artist draws blushes that really makes you almost feel the heat on their faces as they get flustered, and it's just the most :kimchi: thing!!

Ringo Chimoguri and the Fishbowl Headed Man -- What an epic battle!! What I really enjoy about this story is, aside from the astonishingly unique textured, high contrast style, is how it all plays by its own rules rather consistently. Of course you defend against the Fishbowl Man's hammer transformation attack with a motorcycle helmet.

Takeo-Chan Bukkairoku -- I like the villain character they introduced in the past arc, the girl with the wiggly mouth. She's somehow credible as a villain, but still fits in this guy's unique quirky artistic and writing style.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

DrSunshine posted:

I love this -- every chapter of it -- it's like a magical version of Yotsuba& -- (What happened to that?!?)
A new chapter came out just a few days ago, actually. Azuma releases chapters whenever the hell he feels like it, pretty much.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i guess in an odd way this is sort of daily life
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/eko-eko-azarak-r18219/

its about a witch brutally owning people every chapter

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

A new chapter came out just a few days ago, actually. Azuma releases chapters whenever the hell he feels like it, pretty much.

Not only that but volume 13 just came out for purchase on amazon or wherever.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dead Dead Demons'

I'm not sure why this story gives me such a feeling of unease every chapter. It's like every time I'm waiting for the shoe to drop and the aliens to come in and murder someone or... or something. Maybe it's due to the cold and brutal way that the government is shown to be dealing with the aliens, or the way the characters themselves seem to be ambivalent and somewhat oblivious to what's going on.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And what is this supposed to be?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

And what is this supposed to be?

Terumina, apparently

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

poo poo I knew I forgot something. It is Terumina, yes. Not sure if it's worth following long term what with only 2 chapters and all, but it's hard to deny it belongs in this thread. I kind of like the less-friendly atmosphere to the world they're taking chill train rides through.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rangpur posted:

poo poo I knew I forgot something. It is Terumina, yes. Not sure if it's worth following long term what with only 2 chapters and all, but it's hard to deny it belongs in this thread. I kind of like the less-friendly atmosphere to the world they're taking chill train rides through.

Ahhhh thank you. I saw my blood starting to rise as I read the comic page, getting more excited at a weird new comic to read, only to find myself frowning in annoyance at not knowing what it was. This looks good!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, very promising indeed! More girl characters with monocles and tophats, please. This should be a trend in manga.

New chapter of Criminale - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-017--Class-002-000-VS-Phantom-Thief-Harukana?id=276564

In which Harukana is indeed a great addition to the cast.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

New chapter of Criminale - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-017--Class-002-000-VS-Phantom-Thief-Harukana?id=276564

In which Harukana is indeed a great addition to the cast.

Harukana stole the precious thing!!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of Cute (though not necessarily Dumb) Demi-humans - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ajin-chan-wa-Kataritai/Vol-003-Ch-018--Adults-are-Awkward?id=276953

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also new chapters of Alien wife.

I'm busy doing rock stuff in the mountains, so no links.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Hmmnnnngggg look at this face!

Makes you wanna smoosh those cheeks!!

EDIT: Our favorite manga about a girl with lots of concentric rings in her eyes

And "Plastic 'Sis"

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 17, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also new chapters of Alien wife.

I'm busy doing rock stuff in the mountains, so no links.

Can someone else field this one? I have no idea what manga that is.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Can someone else field this one? I have no idea what manga that is.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/oh-my-sweet-alien-r6205

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Sakamoto ends in a flurry of four chapters uploaded at once. It actually ends on a more satisfying note than expected!