Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Apollodorus posted:

I dunno, mounting soccer players on bases that keep them from falling over when you touch them seems like a betrayal of the spirit of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hwordhan posted:

Quarian breast milk is likely to be extremely sweet: The L-(+)-Lactose component of milk gives it a slightly sour taste (as it's more likely to ferment), while D-(+)-Lactose, A.K.A. milk sugar, gives it a sweet taste. Both are present in common breast milk, the levo one is just more common. I reckon the opposite is true for quarians.

But that's not the only thing...

Available in breast milk, is the essential amino acid L-Phenylalanine, the body converts this in Tyrosine, which is, in its turn, converted into all sorts of proteins and brain chemicals. (Like adrenaline)

However, its dextro counterpart, has a different function for humans. It prohibits the enzymes that naturally break down endorphin, resulting in an extreme sense of bliss, power, and prohibiting your pain receptors from sending their chemicals to your brain.

:goonsay:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oh gently caress you.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

This was my fault. I'd heard about this, and I wanted it not to be true. I didn't think that someone would make it real

:negative:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yes. yessssssssssssssss

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

what the gently caress did i just read

Frogisis
Apr 15, 2003

relax brother relax
wow i am still learning every day

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

Ditto

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Google tells me this is a Mass Effect thing. Is this the ending to Mass Effect 3 everyone's always bitching about? Never played the games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BJPaskoff posted:

Google tells me this is a Mass Effect thing. Is this the ending to Mass Effect 3 everyone's always bitching about? Never played the games.

Nope, it's someone putting an unhealthy amount of thought into what a female alien character's breast milk would be like because the base structure of her DNA is fundamentally different to that of Earth animals and Humans. :barf:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nope, it's someone putting an unhealthy amount of thought into what a female alien character's breast milk would be like because the base structure of her DNA is fundamentally different to that of Earth animals and Humans. :barf:

And then mixed Sharkleberry Purple with milk to illustrate the point?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

If the ending to ME3 involves drinking from alien tits, I think you will probably hear more positive words about it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I think (hope) it's a parody of an infamous post on the Bioware forums where somebody wrote out an enormously detailed analysis of what an alien girl's sweat tasted like.

Bioware mocked it in the third game where the alien girl basically says "It's sweat, what the gently caress is wrong with you?"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

infamous post on the Bioware forums where somebody wrote out an enormously detailed analysis of what an alien girl's sweat tasted like

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Good god

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Screaming Idiot posted:

lol you actually read that.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Solice Kirsk posted:

And then mixed Sharkleberry Purple with milk to illustrate the point?

No wonder that kid in the Sunny D commercial always wants purple stuff

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Notice to everybody: just let that img stay t.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"It started out as an anal--"

*runs in very quickly* I bet it did! Wooooooo!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

booty juice

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

At least you know what you're getting into by the end of the first sentence.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FactsAreUseless posted:

"It started out as an anal--"

*runs in very quickly* I bet it did! Wooooooo!

Suddenly "sippin' dat purp" has a whole new meaning

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Say what you will but the science is sound.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

oldpainless posted:

Say what you will but the science is sound.
I can't help but feel that this just makes the whole thing worse somehow.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

enziarro posted:

The Villages is the sprawling olds-only mecca of central FL. I've seen some real poo poo on some commercial service calls up there, I can't imagine what some of those piece of poo poo houses were put together like.

And yeah, 25MPH is speed racing and golf carts are street legal, geezers get plates and everything. You even see snowbirds with out of state tags on their golf carts.

Trent posted:

My folks thought it seemed like a good place to retire and bought a home there. Sold it less than a year later because the place is full off assholes. Glen Beck and Sarah Palin spoke there multiple times during their stint. The houses are pretty well built, though, My dad is a stickler for that sort of thing.

Whole place is full of sinkholes, though. Houses disappearing and poo poo, and they try to cover it up.

neogeo0823 posted:

Florida apparently has retirement communities that are full of sinkholes as well. It's like the planet is correcting the worse human offenses without letting us resort to outright murder.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
True story- a friend of mine had to spend some time in Sarasota for work a few years ago. During the orientation thing, the speaker warned them not to walk anywhere unless absolutely necessary, simply because of the sheer amount of senile, half-blind 90+ year olds driving around. Old people hold so much sway around there that they probably wouldn't get their licenses taken away unless they actually managed to kill someone, and the amount of vehicle on pedestrian accidents is apparently huge. Florida sounds like such a nightmare.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You could probably make a decent living moving to Florida and brake-checking the elderly.

2 or 3 "ow my back" cases a year and you're set.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Probably be simpler to just mug them. Old people are constantly terrified so even the ones that aren't to infirm to fight back would probably be too scared to.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You could probably make a decent living moving to Florida and brake-checking the elderly.

2 or 3 "ow my back" cases a year and you're set.

What you're describing is called, by some in the industry, as a "swoop and squat" - as in change lanes, brake check, "ow my back". For people in Florida, it has the side effect of getting you that sweet sweet opioid prescription so you can get hooked on the junk that's killing the half of the state that's not already knocking on deaths door.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

FreudianSlippers posted:

Probably be simpler to just mug them. Old people are constantly terrified so even the ones that aren't to infirm to fight back would probably be too scared to.

Sounds like a good way to get shot by someone with nothing to lose.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

many johnnys posted:

Yeah I wouldn't try it if you looked even slightly 'ethnic'

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

many johnnys posted:

But they have shaky hands, slow reflexes and very poor eyesight so they have a pretty good chance of missing.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Jun 7, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Or hitting someone else

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

wyntyr posted:

What you're describing is called, by some in the industry, as a "swoop and squat" - as in change lanes, brake check, "ow my back". For people in Florida, it has the side effect of getting you that sweet sweet opioid prescription so you can get hooked on the junk that's killing the half of the state that's not already knocking on deaths door.

So free money, free drugs, AND car insurance company drops a public nuisance?

Florida, you're so beautiful.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

So free money, free drugs, AND car insurance company drops a public nuisance?

Florida, you're so beautiful.
Joke's on you, minimum insurance required to drive in Florida is only like $10K USD per accident at most. If you didn't have your own car insurance your medical expenses would probably be coming out of that too.

This of course assumes they're driving with valid insurance, big if.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kenny Logins posted:

Joke's on you, minimum insurance required to drive in Florida is only like $10K USD per accident at most. If you didn't have your own car insurance your medical expenses would probably be coming out of that too.

This of course assumes they're driving with valid insurance, big if.

Suing the olds for their lovely grandkids' inheritance money seems like a good plan, too.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Suing the olds for their lovely grandkids' inheritance money seems like a good plan, too.

They already spent it all on lovely cruises