Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it needs hitstop and sound effects and real hitboxes/hurtboxes and to not artificially restrict a bunch of poo poo from happening for stupid reasons first and maybe to not be about watching women get chopped apart of gruesome fashion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also BB is good especially since it has Azrael in it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NecroMonster posted:

it needs hitstop and sound effects and real hitboxes/hurtboxes and to not artificially restrict a bunch of poo poo from happening for stupid reasons first and maybe to not be about watching women get chopped apart of gruesome fashion

You need to chill

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mk bad

nrs bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah KI has Dormammu in it which is a big feather in its cap

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

i mean it's more often about men getting chopped apart in gruesome fashion, sometimes by women or by xenomorphs

and even the bloodiest evisceration in MKX upsets my stomach less than a normal round of KI

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yet you actively play SFV, a game where Alex has ripped green jeans

Although you are from Brazil and by nature are made of the color green

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Endorph posted:

clayfighters

oh well if you're talking old ones like that then ballz

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Yet you actively play SFV, a game where Alex has ripped green jeans

Although you are from Brazil and by nature are made of the color green

hey, no need to offend me

i don't actively play SFV :colbert:

Also we're more about yellow in Brazil anyway.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i must be the only person that remembers the launch of mk9 being mostly videos and streams of people performing fatalities on female characters and laughing like weirdos

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Brazil is mad into piss play you heard it here first folks, from the mouth of a Brazilian no less.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

NecroMonster posted:

i must be the only person that remembers the launch of mk9 being mostly videos and streams of people performing fatalities on female characters and laughing like weirdos

I think I found out about that part of the internet when I found a youtube video that was nothing but Resident Evil game overs on the female characters.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

i mean

half of the hype tweets about gg are people perving on female character boobs

actually half of the hype tweets about sfv were people perving on female character boobs and ironically spamming mika rear end slap so

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

there's an entire subsection of youtube that's just slow motion videos of people doing combos on female characters in fighting games

Dias posted:

i mean

half of the hype tweets about gg are people perving on female character boobs

actually half of the hype tweets about sfv were people perving on female character boobs and ironically spamming mika rear end slap so
i think mika's rear end slap is a less weird thing to get off to than scorpion ripping out kitana's spine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

person a: man i love elphelt's titties lol

person b: *watches cassie cage get slowly dismembered. pauses. rewinds video. watches it again in slow motion. licks lips.*

dias: these two things are exactly the same

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

can you people post some examples of these because i do not want to sully up my google searches with this trash

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

like, i'm pretty sure maximillian is one of the people who i observed doing the "fatalities on female characters" thing

wait, do we think maximillian is awful right now (he is) or is he "cool"?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

can you people post some examples of these because i do not want to sully up my google searches with this trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th8Wh05AZMY

half this video is mai doing combos on raiden actually, which is somehow even more insane than the base premise of the video

like it's pretty much just a normal kof match but in slow motion and with zoom-ins

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Endorph posted:

person a: man i love elphelt's titties lol

person b: *watches cassie cage get slowly dismembered. pauses. rewinds video. watches it again in slow motion. licks lips.*

dias: these two things are exactly the same

I'm just sayin' creeps will be creeps. MK just enables less socially acceptable creeping. I mean, those people were getting their fix from Tomb Raider too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dias posted:

I'm just sayin' creeps will be creeps. MK just enables less socially acceptable creeping. I mean, those people were getting their fix from Tomb Raider too.
tbh i dont think liking anime titties is that creepy

like it's kind of goofy but it's whatever

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Commit to your own bad decisions and stop being a babby

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

like, i'm pretty sure maximillian is one of the people who i observed doing the "fatalities on female characters" thing

wait, do we think maximillian is awful right now (he is) or is he "cool"?

I couldn't find anything like that, just normal "fatality reaction" videos that didn't really focus on female characters.

I mean, I don't care for him either, but I can't peg THAT on the guy.

Endorph posted:

tbh i dont think liking anime titties is that creepy

like it's kind of goofy but it's whatever

you do you

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lets watch kung lao do his fatality on female characters and make sex jokes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Max isn't amazing but he's hardly a sexual deviant, please stop

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i made the mistake saturday of tuning into his revelator stream

i knew i shouldn't have done it, but god dammit i was really bored

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
He doesn't actively offend me, he's just...as bland as white bread. I dunno why people would watch him, at least back during the first Assist Me videos he had a novel idea with okay production values. Other than that he lands squarely on my whatever list.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
YouTube culture is poo poo and I wanna 'old man yells at cloud' at any nine minute long video of a talking head ranting about video games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

attackmole posted:

YouTube culture is poo poo and I wanna 'old man yells at cloud' at any nine minute long video of a talking head ranting about video games.
there are some channels with really interesting insights into game design that actually put their thoughts into a coherent, organized argument

and then there's the channels with ten million subscribers

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTw7aR_yIY
time to post this again

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rumble Roses owns

Endorph posted:

there are some channels with really interesting insights into game design that actually put their thoughts into a coherent, organized argument

and then there's the channels with ten million subscribers

I almost have 1k subscribers because I uploaded clips of the JoJo dub

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Looks like Revelator is up on PS4.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...m_content=Brand

Not for us PS3 poors though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gg is cool and good

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

NecroMonster posted:

one step forward and two steps back

Some times for good blocking a few steps back are necessary

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

attackmole posted:

idk, I'd watch a lets play by David Byrne

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Injustice was the only game I actually was glad to see Chris G show up in because he'd usually play Green Arrow, do some cool poo poo, and stretch that character waaaay farther than it was supposed to go.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Commissar Ken posted:

Injustice was the only game I actually was glad to see Chris G show up in because he'd usually play Green Arrow, do some cool poo poo, and stretch that character waaaay farther than it was supposed to go.

And then lose to a Superman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's an eternal bummer that Konami rejected Hideo Kojima's proposal for a Metal Gear X Rumble Roses project

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
NRS games are janky as poo poo and they feel like flailing ragdolls. Like goddamn they look and feel so bad

Since its inception, Mortal Kombat as a series has felt like a fighting game designed by people who have never seen or played a fighting game before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I was willing to give MKX a pass until I watched a match where Johnny Cage ripped his daughter in half from behind as he giggled at his own reference and she was screaming in agony. :shrug: