Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Stolen from old IoSM post. A Korean interpretation of a German pizza. Please pizza rules?

Somebody has a new favorite as of 21:17 on Jun 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Xen Tricks posted:

Stolen from old IoSM post. A Korean interpretation of a German pizza. Please pizza rules?

Still pizza. And I'm all about the loose corn and Shai-Hulud-ettes.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's not German pizza unless it comes with garlic dip sauce and a free 2l of coke.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Xen Tricks posted:

gently caress pizza rules, I'd eat that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My Lovely Horse posted:

It's not German pizza unless it comes with garlic dip sauce and a free 2l of coke.

A completely normal thing for pizza to come with?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Pizza rules but I'd recommend lenient pizza guidelines.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Helpful pizza suggestions

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Preferred Pizza Procedures

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I for one do not support these Particular Peculiar Pizza Pie Plans.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
pizzas are just bread with cheese

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xen Tricks posted:

Yeah, I'm jumping on the "this looks amazing" train. Loose corn and all. Let me tell you, I'll eat my goddamn weight in bratwursts.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

serious norman posted:

im the dirty dish cloth

Why do you always get to be the dirty dishcloth? I'm telling Mom.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

mng posted:

pizzas are just bread with cheese

Pizza is a sandwich

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

Helpful pizza suggestions

That's all I'm asking for. Something to keep this from happening.

Well, that and to make sure people aren't putting it in the oven upside down too.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Well, that and to make sure people aren't putting it in the oven upside down too.

Don't pass out drunk and cook your pizza for 8 hours.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

RareAcumen posted:

I believe there are charcoal rules, and that right there is charcoal.

Because at that point you are tasting the heat and not the meat.

The meat has turned into heat. Meaty heat, heaty meat.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

RareAcumen posted:

Black pizzas matter.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

Black pizza matter.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sakurazuka posted:

A completely normal thing for pizza to come with?

I don't know what garlic dip sauce is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a normal thing for pizza to come with.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's basically liquid garlic. It is incredibly common to get with takeout pizza in the US, to the point that a little cup of it is almost always tossed in the box for free, without needing to ask for it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Schubalts posted:

It's basically liquid garlic. It is incredibly common to get with takeout pizza in the US, to the point that a little cup of it is almost always tossed in the box for free, without needing to ask for it.
Note that this is highly regional within the U.S.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Xen Tricks posted:

The subtitle also mentions sweet potato mousse, mustard sauce liberally put on, and black sausage.

There's also pickles, because you can't be Korean and go a meal without eating something pickled

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky posted:

Black pizzas matter.

All pizzas matter.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Ladies and Gentleman.....

I throw down the gauntlet upon a pearranged challenge. Many remember the last challenge foisted upon my last thread, and the good that came of it. And as such, with something we discussed in other means...

GOTTA STAY FAI YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO RESPOND.

.....yes, this is a joke I am taking too far but dammit, it feels right

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What are we looking at here? Lettuce in a bag?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Iceberg challenge, GOTTA STAY FAI now has to sink a trans Atlantic vessel.

Or make lettuce tasty. WHICH IS MORE CHALLENGING??Q?

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Schubalts posted:

It's basically liquid garlic.
it's loving garlic butter

if it's not garlic + fat in a liquid form i give up

Hirayuki posted:

Note that this is highly regional within the U.S.
or default if it's from papa john's which might explain some things

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

counterpoint: pizza hut's garlic dip is creamy but no one should care about this

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It always struck me as a German thing v:shobon:v

Do your pizza places also make pizzas named after countries or places and put the most stereotypical-while-bland toppings on them? Cause if not I'm nominating that as the new German Pizza Rule (and if anyone has rules for pizza it's Germans). Pizza New Orleans (barbecue sauce), Pizza Mexico (bell peppers, corn) and, somewhat bafflingly, Pizza Italia, you name it.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

FFT posted:

it's loving garlic butter

The German stuff isn't garlic butter. It's either runny, white garlic sauce like you get on a kebab / doner, or it's Lebanese toum which is garlic, lemon juice and oil mixed together.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's usually yoghurt-based (instead of mayonnaise-based), which makes it super tasty and a little tart.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

My Lovely Horse posted:

Do your pizza places also make pizzas named after countries or places and put the most stereotypical-while-bland toppings on them? Cause if not I'm nominating that as the new German Pizza Rule (and if anyone has rules for pizza it's Germans). Pizza New Orleans (barbecue sauce), Pizza Mexico (bell peppers, corn) and, somewhat bafflingly, Pizza Italia, you name it.

My experience with German pizza rules is no matter where you order it from, it will come in the same box (that orangeish one with the chef picture on it) and will be room temperature/cold because it will take over an hour to get to you even if you're only a few km away. The dough will usually have a pretty chewy/mushy texture too. I don't get it because I've had great pizzas in actual restaurants, but German delivery pizza is mediocre at best, even frozen pizzas are better 9 times out of 10.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

My Lovely Horse posted:

Closest I've seen to that, in America, is like states/cities. Buffalo Chicken pizza, Mephis BBQ pizza, Hawaiian pizza, and so on. I think if a pizza in the US references a foreign country, it's gonna be Italy, unless maybe you're at some kinda fancy brick-oven place.

What we do get is weirdo "other foods as pizza" novelty 'zzas, like that macaroni & cheese monstrosity from a few pages ago, or a Reuben pizza with corned beef, sauerkraut, and thousand island on top, or the dreaded "dessert pizza".

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Schubalts posted:

The only pizza place I've seen do this is Papa John's, and they're sub-Dominoes tier and probably need it to seem palatable.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Quiet Feet posted:

The only pizza place I've seen do this is Papa John's, and they're sub-Dominoes tier and probably need it to seem palatable.

Dominos actually got a lot better sometime in the last decade or so. They changed a bunch of their recipes and added some fuckin spices to their sauce. I still wouldn't order it voluntarily, but I wouldn't be emotionally destroyed if it was present at a party or something.

I feel like pizza chains rely a lot on like business travelers and stuff who just want something predictable delivered to their hotel. gently caress that noise; any time I go somewhere, I ask my cab driver or somebody what the best pizza delivery in the area is and gather that intel on the local indie pizzerias. It usually works out okay.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Welcome to Russia, the land of stchi, caviar, layered salads and baked mayonaisse

and from the best tv show in the world

these fruits needs some mayo

shrimps and anchovies need some mayo and fish stock too

Приятного аппетита!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fatherboxx posted:

and from the best tv show in the world

these fruits needs some mayo

shrimps and anchovies need some mayo and fish stock too

Приятного аппетита!

It's basically Russian Come Dine with Me. One time they had the leader of the Russian Communist Party invite everyone to a lovely little flat where he obviously doesn't live anymore and treat everyone to the best Soviet cuisine had to offer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R31sB1I-yDQ&t=55s

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

lettuce race

if I had a salad with breakfast can I still count the lettuce that was in it even though I hadn't read your post yet

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Ah but do you have evidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reminder that Dominos/Papa Johns is seen as 'fancy' pizza in the UK and is about twice the price of your average takeaway.