Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Yeah, you have an option to make the office as an apartment and spawn in there. There isn't a garage, but your secretary can get any of your cars, similar to how the boat captain works.

edit: The cheapest office is Maze Bank West, at $1,000,000. Upgrading this with all options brings is up to about 2.75 million. You'll want the gun safe as you can use it to hide weapons from your weapon wheel.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

So how much money can the new CEO bullshit actually make you? Knowing rockstar, it's gonna cost a bare minimum of 5 million in real estate just to get set up to do the missions, and require you grind out 10 straight hours of boring courier missions just to break even.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Rockstar's newswire post is now up.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52624/gta-online-further-adventures-in-finance-and-felony-now

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Okay so I've had a quick play with it.

You buy contraband, a choice of 1 to 3 units. 3 units costs $18,000

Then you go out and get it from the seller and have to successfully protect it from NPCs and other players, delivering it to your warehouse.

Once your warehouse is full, you can deliver your goods to a buyer and have to protect it from players. That's where the big expedition vehicle type thing comes in. I should've netted a profit of $81,000 off of 6 units but it bugged and I got nothing.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Rockstar Social Club just keeps downloading a 54.01MB update and gives me this poo poo as soon as it's finished:

Then you hit retry, and it downloads it all again and repeats the error.

Rockstar really sucks at online stuff.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Rockstar Social Club just keeps downloading a 54.01MB update and gives me this poo poo as soon as it's finished:

Then you hit retry, and it downloads it all again and repeats the error.

Rockstar really sucks at online stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/4mygy0/psa_if_youre_having_the_code_201_error_here_is_a/

doing this fixed it for me

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So do you need an office and a warehouse? I've got just over 3 mill banked. I wonder if that's enough.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Thanks. God they're awful at this poo poo. This comes less than a week since having to reinstall the whole drat game because they can't figure out how to make their repair installation sequence work properly.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

CascadeBeta posted:

So do you need an office and a warehouse? I've got just over 3 mill banked. I wonder if that's enough.

More than enough to get started. Admittedly I don't know if there's any gameplay difference between offices but you can get the cheapest office for 1 million without upgrades and then the small warehouse for about 250 - 500k. Which is enough to get started. I moved 2 crates and got about the same as a sightseer mission for slightly more time, but more enjoyable too.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

So you have to be a VIP to run the contraband missions?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

One question for people doing the new warehouse stuff:

Is it a viable way (in comparison to missions) to solo-grind GTABUX? I wouldn't mind doing that while zoning out with podcasts if it's a reliable way of doing so.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Anime_Otaku posted:

More than enough to get started. Admittedly I don't know if there's any gameplay difference between offices but you can get the cheapest office for 1 million without upgrades and then the small warehouse for about 250 - 500k. Which is enough to get started. I moved 2 crates and got about the same as a sightseer mission for slightly more time, but more enjoyable too.

I can live with that. I have about $4 million and haven't really bothered to buy many vehicles.

LOL at them making "remove guns from your loadout" a paid in-game upgrade feature, how very capitalistic of them.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah CEOs are basically the upgrade to VIPs, there's three new work missions they can do and the new van and truck are added to the vehicles they can spawn but they need a medium or large warehouse to be purchased first.

Mr Scumbag posted:

One question for people doing the new warehouse stuff:

Is it a viable way (in comparison to missions) to solo-grind GTABUX? I wouldn't mind doing that while zoning out with podcasts if it's a reliable way of doing so.

You need to be in public to do them but you don't need other players to actually be in the session, like I said it's around 20k for 2 crates but it looks like the payment fluctuates depending on the quantity and the buyer, also the game warns you that bigger shipments are harder to get and deliver. It also sounds like there might be times when you turn up and get attacked by the seller.

Basic game flow that I had first time around: pick 1, 2 or 3 crates to buy at office > go to pick up point > enter armoured rumpo and get a wanted level > drive to warehouse trying to lose cops > after arriving you either return to the start or pick a buyer > drive Brickade to buyer, fend off players, sale is laundered to no police presence > arrive at drop off and get attacked by NPC gangsters > kill gangsters that arrive in waves, no need to worry about own health just the truck > profit.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 7, 2016

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Anime_Otaku posted:

Cool. I'll mess around with it when I get home from work then.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So I'm reading the new CEO stuff cab only be done in a public lobby? Bleh

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Medullah posted:

If that's the case, then I'm out.

Spending cash on poo poo and losing it because of hackers is extremely hosed up.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Only real annoyance for me, other than things being really expensive, but that is expected, is that there is no option to spawn at your offices. Though there is an apartment literally across the street from Maze Bank West, so that's nice.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 7, 2016

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Patch notes are up now as well:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/220249028-GTAV-Title-Update-1-34-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-

Here are some of the details about CEOs

Rockstar posted:

Players can now buy and sell Special Cargo via the new SecuroServ Special Cargo Network which is available at the desk computer in Offices while registered as a CEO. Once secured, CEOs can then choose to sell their Special Cargo or purchase even more to increase the potential return.

Players who become a CEO will have access to exclusive benefits. These benefits include:
The ability to become a CEO without any bank balance restrictions, time limits, or cooldowns.

Access to new and exclusive outfits for CEOs to dress their Organization with.

Access to new and exclusive CEO vehicles upon purchasing an Office and various sized Warehouses.

Players who become Associates of a CEO will also have access to exclusive benefits. These benefits include:
Bonus wages for each consecutive Special Cargo Mission completed by their CEO, up to a maximum of $10,000. Failing a Mission will reset wages to a default value.

Increased RP and 100% health regeneration when inside the radius of their CEO.

Three new VIP Works have been added. These include:
Headhunter (1+ Players) – Your Organization tries to take down multiple targets across the map against a time limit.
Airfreight (1+ Players) – Your Organization must collect a Cargobob and use it to extract to a drop-off point.
Haulage (1+ Players) – Your Organization must collect a large trailer and deliver it to a drop-off point.

Two new VIP Challenges have been added:
Cashing Out (2+ Players) – All players in the Organization compete to hack the most ATMs within a time limit.
Salvage (2+ Players) – All players in an Organization, armed with rebreathers, compete to collect the most checkpoints in a set underwater area.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
So if you have a few million to spare and a few friends to dick around with, it's fun, for now. I worry it will become boring after the 50 something'th mission.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
grind my pretties, grind!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Anime_Otaku posted:

Yeah CEOs are basically the upgrade to VIPs, there's three new work missions they can do and the new van and truck are added to the vehicles they can spawn but they need a medium or large warehouse to be purchased first.

You need to be in public to do them but you don't need other players to actually be in the session, like I said it's around 20k for 2 crates but it looks like the payment fluctuates depending on the quantity and the buyer, also the game warns you that bigger shipments are harder to get and deliver. It also sounds like there might be times when you turn up and get attacked by the seller.

Basic game flow that I had first time around: pick 1, 2 or 3 crates to buy at office > go to pick up point > enter armoured rumpo and get a wanted level > drive to warehouse trying to lose cops > after arriving you either return to the start or pick a buyer > drive Brickade to buyer, fend off players, sale is laundered to no police presence > arrive at drop off and get attacked by NPC gangsters > kill gangsters that arrive in waves, no need to worry about own health just the truck > profit.

Medullah posted:

Can you just be in an invite-only session? Or does it have to have at least one other person in it or something.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hakarne posted:

Can you just be in an invite-only session? Or does it have to have at least one other person in it or something.

From what I've read invite only/closed friend/closed crew sessions don't work. Has to be an open, public lobby.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
NEVERMIND

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 7, 2016

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Medullah posted:

From what I've read invite only/closed friend/closed crew sessions don't work. Has to be an open, public lobby.

Has to be in a session completely open to people you don't know which likely means at least one cheater who has been given one of the best tickets to grief I've ever seen in this game.

They can now cost you tens to hundreds of thousands of GTA bux, and there's nothing you can do about it but ignore 80% of the new content.

I frequently get pissed of at the online circlejerk and entitled attitude against GTA:O (Whaaaaa I have to grind to fill up multiple garages with supercars! No fair!), but in this case, I find it hard to argue against the fact that R* really hosed up, here. I don't see why anyone would risk the time/money they spent on cargo when some script kiddie could wipe it away with no warning and no recourse.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

So, we can finally get rid of all the useless weapons clogging up our inventory?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
That's what concerns me the most. Why make it only public when your online is so completely hosed says to me they either don't know or don't care.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

That's what concerns me the most. Why make it only public when your online is so completely hosed says to me they either don't know or don't care.

They know that it's happening enough to give a slap on the wrist of people ruining the game for others, but somehow not enough to be definitive enough in their punishments to make their "biggest addon ever" worth playing.

Unless, this is a way that they will now justify much harsher punishments for cheaters from now on. Even if that's the case, though, we probably won't know for weeks.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Big Imgur album of all the purchasable stuff from this update

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

quote:

Two players can now get into beds in GTA Online.

:allears:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Apparently you can set your NAT to strict and basically get solo public lobbies?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Akion posted:

Apparently you can set your NAT to strict and basically get solo public lobbies?

Sounds like it would work in theory, but I would be surprised if there was a minimum number of people in a session required to start the new missions.

If that isn't the case, get as much of that poo poo in as you can before the first hotfix.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

QUICK GUIDE TO BEING A BALLER-rear end CEO:

1. Buy an office. Don't waste your money on Maze Bank, I did and it blows. I recommend the less-expensive Arcadia Business Center because it is cheaper and has a much cooler exterior.

2. Buy warehouses. You have to use the executive terminal in your office, which can only be accessed in a PUBLIC LOBBY. Large warehouses have a crate capacity of 111, medium warehouses can hold about 44. I would recommend buying a few smaller warehouses instead of the larger ones, you're not going to fill them anyway.

3. Buy crates to fill your warehouses. Shipments of 3 crates cost about $18k. You have to collect them in a free-roam mission and deliver them to your warehouse. Pubbies WILL attack you instead of doing their own CEO stuff.

4. Sell goods. Selling larger shipments gets a better payout, but you have to make a drop for each crate if you're doing it over land. Delivering 6 crates got me about $92k, my employees made about 10% of that (!)

The employee payouts go up as you complete more shipments, though. In order to get anywhere in a rambunctious public lobby you probably need at least 2 goon corporations looking out for each other. For some reason the pubs think it is better to attack you for a 1k payout then it is to do their own poo poo for a 100k payout.

E: I bought the Maze Bank office (6 million after upgrades), 1x large and 1x medium warehouses (~ 3 million), and the Reaper (~2 million with upgrades). Beginning bank balance: 11.9 million. Current balance: 1.3 million. It is going to take a long-rear end time to make my money back.

titties fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 8, 2016

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Any new clothes?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

titties posted:

For some reason the pubs think it is better to attack you for a 1k payout then it is to do their own poo poo for a 100k payout.

I know in your heart of hearts you know that it could be free and it would still be fun and worth it to screw with ceos running ops.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Can you even get anything when you have less than a mil in startup money? :ohdear: The amount of work you have to put in just to get a pittance amount of money compared to how expensive all the cool stuff kinda really sucks! a lot!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

-Over 250 clothing items, including some previously exclusive to VIP gameplay, are now available from Clothing Stores for Male and Female characters in GTA Online.

I sure hope this includes what we've all wanted.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zigmidge posted:

I know in your heart of hearts you know that it could be free and it would still be fun and worth it to screw with ceos running ops.

Yeah this is the game where you have fun spending $1000 just to send a mugger on someone, or $7000 to send mercs. ANY profit means pubbies will be all over you.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Rockstar is sounding like the airlines with their frequent flyer programs: "SPEND ALL YOUR GTA FUNBUX ON THIS BECAUSE IT'S GOING TO TAKE YOU FOREVER TO MAKE IT BACK! :unsmigghh:"

titties posted:

QUICK GUIDE TO BEING A BALLER-rear end CEO:

1. Buy an office. Don't waste your money on Maze Bank, I did and it blows. I recommend the less-expensive Arcadia Business Center because it is cheaper and has a much cooler exterior.

2. Buy warehouses. You have to use the executive terminal in your office, which can only be accessed in a PUBLIC LOBBY. Large warehouses have a crate capacity of 111, medium warehouses can hold about 44. I would recommend buying a few smaller warehouses instead of the larger ones, you're not going to fill them anyway.

3. Buy crates to fill your warehouses. Shipments of 3 crates cost about $1.8k. You have to collect them in a free-roam mission and deliver them to your warehouse. Pubbies WILL attack you instead of doing their own CEO stuff.

4. Sell goods. Selling larger shipments gets a better payout, but you have to make a drop for each crate. Delivering 6 crates got me about $92k, my employees made about 10% of that (!)

The employee payouts go up as you complete more shipments, though. In order to get anywhere in a rambunctious public lobby you probably need at least 2 goon corporations looking out for each other. For some reason the pubs think it is better to attack you for a 1k payout then it is to do their own poo poo for a 100k payout.

E: I bought the Maze Bank office (6 million after upgrades), 1x large and 1x medium warehouses (~ 3 million), and the Reaper (~2 million with upgrades). Beginning bank balance: 11.9 million. Current balance: 1.3 million. It is going to take a long-rear end time to make my money back.

You may have to be the tour guide for the PS4 Goons. I like the idea you had about a second goon corporation to run interference for the first one.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 7, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Troupe De Ville official associate #2 reporting in, because :stare: at some of those prices

couple questions about the office-as-apartment thing. Do you get a helipad with a helicopter (just like your yacht) and/or is it a Pegasus drop point?

Also, why does the Bestia GTS look so bad from the back? The FMJ and Reaper though...

Zigmidge posted:

I sure hope this includes what we've all wanted.

oh poo poo, me too

Psion fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Akion posted:

How would you go about setting your NAT type to strict on PC? I'm not seeing direct NAT options in my router so I'm guessing you have to tweak individual settings?

• Locked thread