Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best F*R*I*E*N*D*S Character
Phoebe Buffay
Chandler Bing
Rachel Green
Ross Geller
Monica Geller
Joey Tribbiani
View Results

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
This thread is about F*R*I*E*N*D*S.

Who is your favorite character, what is your favorite episode? Let's talk about F*R*I*E*N*D*S!

F*R*I*E*N*D*S is very popular in China

This thread, oh my god, this thread is about F*R*I*E*N*D*S!

Smelly Cat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXIZuIBJKs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

The One Where Rachel Sucks My Dick

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Smelly cat! Haha can you imagine

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Who described Friends as the 6 luckiest actors alive?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

The Sphinxster posted:

Hey sphincter

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Poll is up!

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
more like E*N*E*M*A*S

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Friends is a dumb show. I don't watch it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Not after she's done :grin:

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

The Sphinxster posted:

It's pretty true but the Phoebe lady was a real ball buster they say and is the only reason they rest of them didn't get owned by some poo poo contract.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

my favorite is kramer

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
All of the characters of FRIENDS are immoral, evil narcisists

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

amusinginquiry posted:

All of the characters of FRIENDS are immoral, evil narcisists

Yeah, they're New Yorkers

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i like watching friends. it makes me feel like i am part of something bigger, something wholesome, something like a culture or team or family or political party, except without the need for commitment or huffing gas to tolerate the stupid poo poo my step-siblings, but it has a laugh track that makes me feel much better about myself when i get the jokes, like im watching with some friends or something

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
an overrated show

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Joey stands motionless by his bedroom window looking out over New York. Tears silently slide down his face as his troubled eyes look out into the night.
Joey: Man, how the hell did my life get here.
He shakes his head sadly and walks over to his bed sits down and begins sobbing hard. He tries to pull himself together but the tears refuse to stop.
Joey: God how much more pain can I take? How long do I have to feel like this!
He gets up and begins pacing around the room.
Joey: I can't talk to my friends about any of this. They expect me to just be funny, stupid, slutty Joey. They'd probably be to uncomfortable to even stick around if I told them! Oh who the hell am I kidding they'd be better off without me anyway. Ross wouldn't have to put up with my stupidity, or worry about me loving Rachel. Rachel wouldn't have to deal with my feelings for her. Chandler and Monica wouldn't have me sponging off of them or put up with me for that matter. Yeah they'd probably throw a party if I died!
Joey sighs heavily and rubs his face.
Joey: Maybe the whole world would be better off if I wasn't around. Maybe I should just end it. Do the world and myself a favor.
Joey sits back down and ponders this as tears continue to poor down his cheeks.

Joey is now out walking the streets with a sad determination still trying to stop the tears in his eyes.
Joey: I can't believe it's come to this, I can't believe I'm going to do this. But what else can I do! I am hopelessly in love with a woman I can never be with, my so called career is in the gutter, my friends don't understand me and think I'm nothing but an idiot, and if my past ever got out...
Joey shivers and starts to cry harder again. Then he takes a deep breath and rubs his face hard.
Joey: Well, it's going to end tonight. No more pain, no more tears, no more wishing for things that can't be, or hiding things I can't handle. But how? I don't want anyone to see me do this or get hurt trying to stop me, and if I jump off of something that could happen. Or worse I could fall on someone and kill them. So that's not an option. It can take you a long time to bleed to death and someone could find me and save me so stabbing isn't going to work either. I don't have a gun and I don't know where to get one quickly, legally anyways, I mean, hey, I don't want to break any laws just end my life. So I can't shoot myself. Besides I don't want to traumatize anyone with some gory scene. Maybe sleeping pills are the best. It's painless, there's no mess, no one else can get hurt, and since it will look like I'm asleep no one will stop me. Not that anyone would want to anyway.
He laughs bitterly and continues on.

Joey is now back at his apartment. He sits sadly on his bed looking at the pill bottles in front of him.
Joey: It's amazing how many different sleeping pills are on the market. I don't know which works the fastest but if I take all four bottles I'm sure I'll die.
He swallows hard fighting back the endless tears.
Joey: Maybe I should write a note.
He goes and gets a piece of paper and a pen then scribbles down something and sighs.
Joey: There, now they'll know it wasn't some kind of stupid accident. They'll know I meant it.
He puts the note on his night stand and sighs. Then picks up one of the bottles and looks at the directions and reads a warning a loud.
Joey: Do not drink with alcohol.
Joey snorts.
Joey: Perfect, I can go out with a beer.
He goes and gets a beer then returns to his room and careful not to drop a single pill takes all four bottles and finishes it off with the final swig of his beer. Then allowing the bottles of pills and the beer can to fall to the floor he lays back on his bed with tears still falling and closes his eyes.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i was devistated when i found out they werent really friends. next your gonna tell me Borat isnt real

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Wasn't there a monkey, or did I dream that? If I didn't, my favorite is the monkey.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gaunab posted:

an overrated show

Bitch!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

gleebster posted:

Wasn't there a monkey, or did I dream that? If I didn't, my favorite is the monkey.

LIsten, David Schwimmer is a university graduate. Man!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Digital Fingers posted:

Joey stands motionless by his bedroom window looking out over New York. Tears silently slide down his face as his troubled eyes look out into the night.
Joey: Man, how the hell did my life get here.
He shakes his head sadly and walks over to his bed sits down and begins sobbing hard. He tries to pull himself together but the tears refuse to stop.
Joey: God how much more pain can I take? How long do I have to feel like this!
He gets up and begins pacing around the room.
Joey: I can't talk to my friends about any of this. They expect me to just be funny, stupid, slutty Joey. They'd probably be to uncomfortable to even stick around if I told them! Oh who the hell am I kidding they'd be better off without me anyway. Ross wouldn't have to put up with my stupidity, or worry about me loving Rachel. Rachel wouldn't have to deal with my feelings for her. Chandler and Monica wouldn't have me sponging off of them or put up with me for that matter. Yeah they'd probably throw a party if I died!
Joey sighs heavily and rubs his face.
Joey: Maybe the whole world would be better off if I wasn't around. Maybe I should just end it. Do the world and myself a favor.
Joey sits back down and ponders this as tears continue to poor down his cheeks.

Joey is now out walking the streets with a sad determination still trying to stop the tears in his eyes.
Joey: I can't believe it's come to this, I can't believe I'm going to do this. But what else can I do! I am hopelessly in love with a woman I can never be with, my so called career is in the gutter, my friends don't understand me and think I'm nothing but an idiot, and if my past ever got out...
Joey shivers and starts to cry harder again. Then he takes a deep breath and rubs his face hard.
Joey: Well, it's going to end tonight. No more pain, no more tears, no more wishing for things that can't be, or hiding things I can't handle. But how? I don't want anyone to see me do this or get hurt trying to stop me, and if I jump off of something that could happen. Or worse I could fall on someone and kill them. So that's not an option. It can take you a long time to bleed to death and someone could find me and save me so stabbing isn't going to work either. I don't have a gun and I don't know where to get one quickly, legally anyways, I mean, hey, I don't want to break any laws just end my life. So I can't shoot myself. Besides I don't want to traumatize anyone with some gory scene. Maybe sleeping pills are the best. It's painless, there's no mess, no one else can get hurt, and since it will look like I'm asleep no one will stop me. Not that anyone would want to anyway.
He laughs bitterly and continues on.

Joey is now back at his apartment. He sits sadly on his bed looking at the pill bottles in front of him.
Joey: It's amazing how many different sleeping pills are on the market. I don't know which works the fastest but if I take all four bottles I'm sure I'll die.
He swallows hard fighting back the endless tears.
Joey: Maybe I should write a note.
He goes and gets a piece of paper and a pen then scribbles down something and sighs.
Joey: There, now they'll know it wasn't some kind of stupid accident. They'll know I meant it.
He puts the note on his night stand and sighs. Then picks up one of the bottles and looks at the directions and reads a warning a loud.
Joey: Do not drink with alcohol.
Joey snorts.
Joey: Perfect, I can go out with a beer.
He goes and gets a beer then returns to his room and careful not to drop a single pill takes all four bottles and finishes it off with the final swig of his beer. Then allowing the bottles of pills and the beer can to fall to the floor he lays back on his bed with tears still falling and closes his eyes.

took the long loving way round, didnt you m8?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

don't sign your post

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
More of a Scrubs fan tbh

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

"Mr. Chandler Bing?" asked a strange, gruff voice.
"Yeah?"
"This is the National Coast Guard. We found a body floating around in the waters around New York, dead, and found a phone. We unclogged the water from it and called the first person on the list, you."The phone says the property of Joey Tribiani. Do you know this man?"

"Yes. And he was my… my best friend."
"We're very sorry we couldn't get to him in time. It appears to be suicidal, as he was just floating there, no sign of a struggle. We know its late, but could you come over?"
"Sure, sure, I just need to call some people first," I sighed, ready to cry.
"Okay, it's the New York felicity."
"Okay," I hung up the phone and held my face in my hands, and cried. Monica stirred, and I soon felt a
hand on my shoulder.
"Chandler? What's wrong?" she asked sleepily.
"Joey… Joey committed suicide. He drowned himself."

(Phoebe's POV)
We were all there. It was Joey's funeral, and the other 5 of us were there­ Ross, Rachel, Monica, and Chandler. Mike was watching all the kids for us as we paid our respects.
"He died in despair. That's what bugs me. If he had died happy… then I wouldn't be so sad," Monica murmured.
"He did a disservice to us," Ross sighed.
"We loved you, Joe," Chandler sighed, "we loved you. Why?"
(Joey's POV)
I stared down at my friends from above.
Why, you ask? Because I'm done

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gaunab posted:

don't sign your post

It's like you're always suck in 2nd gear

cnut
May 3, 2016

I've never watched Friends. What's it about?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

gleebster posted:

Maurice

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

gleebster posted:

Yes, Ross had a pet monkey but he was forced to get rid of it after it attacked Gunther and tore off his scrotum.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

cnut posted:

Just watch Scrubs instead.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

cnut posted:

Ice Road Truckers mostly

cnut
May 3, 2016

noctambulous nebab posted:

OK, thanks. I've never watched Scrubs either, I will check it out.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

you wanna know what fans of the show scrubs are called? scrubs.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

I'll never have love. I'll never have a family.

All I have are the Chick and the Duck, who died. They died, and Chandler never told me.
Wonderful friend he is.

I have no life.
I have nothing.

This apartment is falling apart. The ugly naked guy has died.

A complete nutcase lives where Monica and Chandler used to.

I have nothing.

cnut
May 3, 2016

JiveHonky posted:

Ice Road Truckers mostly

Well then! I'll definitely watch it now!

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

which you could do by...turning off your monitor :smug:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Vastarien posted:

Yes, Ross had a pet monkey but he was forced to get rid of it after it attacked Gunther and tore off his scrotum.

Just makes me like the monkey more.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
You are welcome to talk about other 90s sitcoms as well. How about that Mad About You...?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Chandler pushed his hand underneath Lucas's mattress, fishing for the shard of glass Lucas had pressed against Chandler's neck on the night of the rape. Finding it, Chandler sat on his bed, staring at it.
Taking a deep breath, he pressed it into his wrist. The sharp sting felt soothing. It was nice to feel a pain other than emotional pain. He ran the glass down from the top of his wrist, to above his elbow, tracing the vein, opening up his skin.

The sharp pain was excruciatingly satisfying. Chandler felt pleased to see the blood gushing out of his
arm.

Soon it would all be over, this emotional pain. The gang­rape, the prison, the false accusations from his goddaughter.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

there's A LOT of fanfiction about joey and chandler killing themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cnut
May 3, 2016

I haven't watched any sitcoms since Leave It to Beaver. Were they even called sitcoms back then? Mrs. Cleaver's Beaver was something else! "Hey Wally". LMAO!!

• Locked thread