Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

http://www.teslarati.com/like-need-tesla-drive-unit-replacement/

Super scientific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Good, but too comprehensible. Here, I fixed it for everybody so we can all truly understand

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Why does printer ink cost so drat much?

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

Author name Tyler Durden :jerkbag:

You're 7 years late on that one.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

cheerfullydrab posted:

Razor & blades business model

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

cheerfullydrab posted:

Those squid don't hunt and squeeze the ink out of themselves.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

cheerfullydrab posted:

Because it can be.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

PittTheElder posted:

Because it can be.

Honestly that kinda hits the nail on the head. Why are Warhammer minis so expensive when they're just bits of plastic or why are Magic cards so expensive when they're just cardboard? Same reason basically. The razor and blades thing someone pointed out is more accurate but if there's a product out there and people are willing to pay, well, that's what you'll pay for it.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Of course, people don't realize how much cheaper it would be to get a B&W laser printer and use a print shop for the rare times you actually need color.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a huuuuge version

The earliest source I could find was this Reddit thread
Edit: the Reddit thread got the graphs from http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-03/desperation-moves-romney-plots-block-trump-republican-convention

The Post did an article debunking these graphs, that includes some good bits:

quote:

So what is this graph? No idea. If you have an idea, let me know.

Update: We have an answer. Dan Ludwinski of the Cornell University Department of Economics explains what the Trump graph shows.

"The 'money printing' graph is assets held by the Federal Reserve," he wrote in an email. "The majority of these assets are excess reserve balances — money deposited by commercial banks and held by the Federal Reserve. Calling this "money printing" is laughably inaccurate. This is money that is taken out of circulation and held by the Fed. Anyone who has taken econ 101 knows that this is a decrease in the money supply."

quote:

So why did Trump tweet it? Because, as has often been the case, the details are less important than the political point. If a bunch of graphs claim to show how Obama has been bad for the economy, boom. Retweet. If some jerk goes through each one and notes why it's wrong or skewed, that doesn't detract from the main point, which is that Obama is bad. If challenged, Trump can simply blame the originator of what he retweeted, which he has often proven willing to do.

And that, in a nutshell, is why fact-checking things like this is so often thankless.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...iled/?tid=sm_fb

But then, this reminds me of Ben Stein's interview with the Guardian today where he says he doesn't think Trump understands economics and that he would be a disaster for the United States, but he'll vote for him anyway because he'll restore national pride.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Fix the system? gently caress that, too hard, let's just be proud of a giant pile of poo poo because 'Murica! And if these massively inaccurate graphs helps us get to poo poo Mountain, I'm all for it!

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

I hate that Ben Stein went from being my favorite game show host to a major league rear end in a top hat.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Gann Jerrod posted:

I hate that Ben Stein went from being my favorite game show host to a major league rear end in a top hat.

He was one of Nixon's speechwriters. He was a major league rear end in a top hat long before he was a game show host.

This was good, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G0tfb8ZefA

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Population of Saudi Arabia

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:confused:

Wtf is going on there?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Slow and constant growth? Nope, jagged lines everywhere!

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

This is a guess, but I think blue is births, green is deaths, numbers are total pop? Only thing that sorta makes sense, after a couple minutes looking at it on my phone.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Seems to me that they are trying to hide an alarming 50% population growth in the last decade through abuse of graphs.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Maybe the number represents an absolute figure and the bar is a percentage of that figure compared to some other unlisted total that's free to fluctuate (yeah right)

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
It's the population of Saudi Arabia presented in table form. The graph is just a background image.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I prefer 1968 cleavage to 1960 cleavage

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ah, well that's clear then.

https://twitter.com/fioraaeterna/status/739646516319518721

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

AMD’s processors sucked a lot more in 2014 so they had more room to improve?

“x86 IMPROVEMENT” is maybe not the best phrasing.

Also the arrow in the back means nothing.

Anything I missed?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Platystemon posted:

Also the arrow in the back means nothing.

It's implying a linear increase across two separate bar graphs.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh my god I was with this girl and she labeled her axes right there in front of me.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

Holy poo poo I just found another one in yospos:

Edit: It's from this book apparently, pages 99-102, if anyone wants to waste some time: https://www.google.com/url?url=http...e6vBSpeJY3Uwo3Q (PDF warning). The "Destination" from the sign is on p 119, but it's not very funny.

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 23:55 on Jun 9, 2016

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

mobby_6kl posted:

My god. It's like he started on a "college is like a bike" analogy and forgot how to stop.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

mobby_6kl posted:

Of course the budget was tight so the newly introduced pedals will each need to be shared by 4 students.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yup. Education major spotted.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I like that it's the same bike though. Like the wheels have the same "spokes"

dedication to a metaphor

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

I'm the back wheel, held on by hopes and dreams.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

mobby_6kl posted:

It's me, I'm the college bike.

...wait.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Christo posted:

My god. It's like he started on a "college is like a bike" analogy and forgot how to stop.

Hipsters and their fixies :jerkbag:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

This is just an example, but way to set a good example, Microsoft.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Present-your-data-in-a-radar-chart-16e20279-eed4-43c2-9bf5-29ff9b10601d

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
That's actually one of the rare cases where a radial graph has value, because there's a relationship between adjacent 'spokes.'

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Edit: It's from this book apparently, pages 99-102, if anyone wants to waste some time: https://www.google.com/url?url=http...e6vBSpeJY3Uwo3Q (PDF warning). The "Destination" from the sign is on p 119, but it's not very funny.
Dear God.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

im the moderate left sedge hat