Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Goobs posted:

Were you just playing Overwatch? I just raped a dude named Melkor repeatedly.
Nope.

orcinus posted:

Plain, simple.

:fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Ah yes. Snide responses telling people to stop asking him just so that he can wait six months and say it's a huge mystery because the person doesn't work there anymore.

It really is amazing the Director of Spaceships finds the time between cataloging French Wing Commander versions to conduct honest, thorough and transparent chair investigations.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Hey Cig intern paid to read the thread! I have something I'd like you to relay to your bosses:

Your entire business model is based around selling (well, allegedly pledging, but you know) jpegs (yeah, yeah, concepts whatever shut up) to backers. If there is one thing to do right, it would be that.

Now, I'd like to put this in perspective for you. When you were hiring linguists for your immersive five alien languages and whatever, would you have hired the guy whose CV had "Lingaist" as title?

Because that is the exact tier of gently caress up you guys committed.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
By the way if you guys are looking for a replacement who is better at Photoshop I have some experience poorly pasting your heads onto images I didn't make.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
PIZZA and John Wick!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Goobs posted:

He probably has you tagged already.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4n0pu8/is_that_sandi_gardiner_in_a_blackred_closefitting/

Someone find the clip of Sandi lying about that stolen stock photo being an actual cg rendering of her based on 3d scans

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
I like the ongoing, slightly understated narrative where no artist with CIG or any related entity wants to use Sandi's actual body in promotional material using her likeness. Between the two options "just steal some poo poo" is preferable.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Palisader posted:

I like the ongoing, slightly understated narrative where no artist with CIG or any related entity wants to use Sandi's actual body in promotional material using her likeness. Between the two options "just steal some poo poo" is preferable.

Not just her body... Anything with her face in it is a 15 year old headshot.

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 8, 2016

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

I mean hell, lovely photoshoppers working at subpar trash magazines can take an existing woman's figure and tweak it to make it look thinner or more voluptuous or taller. You're telling me that an ~artist~ with a multi-million dollar company isn't skilled enough in photoshop to make Sandi look how she thinks she ought?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Palisader posted:

She is the pinnacle of human engineering. I like the one of her behind all the liquor bottles.

Edit: Congrats on the kid. They grow up fast, looks like you got a good one.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Palisader posted:

I mean hell, lovely photoshoppers working at subpar trash magazines can take an existing woman's figure and tweak it to make it look thinner or more voluptuous or taller. You're telling me that an ~artist~ with a multi-million dollar company isn't skilled enough in photoshop to make Sandi look how she thinks she ought?

that would require both talent & effort

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

:five:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jason Sextro posted:

maybe it's his day off today

I want to see some more of his ridiculously illogical arguments defending his wrong knowledge about steak.

e: It's refreshing to see typical shitizen stupidity and irrationality applied to something besides buying jpegs.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 8, 2016

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Palisader posted:

You wanna be the person that tells her you edited her perfect body because it wasn't good enough?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Look, as admittedly funny as this photoshop is, this is what really happened:

Dumb leadership decided they wanted the image for social media

Sandi was away somewhere, so they couldn't just take a photo

Dumb leadership told artist to just figure it out

Low-end artist took a shortcut

It's incompetence, but it's not incompetence on the level of paying the artist to do something the hard way rather than shooting a photo - it's just normal CIG stuff.

The artist might get fired. Life goes on.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

This is CIG, the artist will not get fired lol.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Goobs posted:

melkor is a middle earth reference

also vin diesel's d&d character name so maybe it was him

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tortolia posted:

Hey Melkor, your goon tagging habit was adopted by a 114 million dollar company! :wow:

:getin:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Nicholas posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4n0pu8/is_that_sandi_gardiner_in_a_blackred_closefitting/

Someone find the clip of Sandi lying about that stolen stock photo being an actual cg rendering of her based on 3d scans

RTV around the bucaneer reveal. Someone gotta find it.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

SomethingJones posted:

Player
Bogey
Weapons System
Bogey
Player
Scanning
Scanning
Bogey
Bogey
Player
Player
Scanning
Bogey
Bogey
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
Shields Charging
Player
Shields Charging
Shields Charging
Bogey
Scanning
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
Forward Hit
Bogey
Scanning
Shields Charging
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW
ALERT Forward Shields Down
ALERT Aft Shields Down
Player
Bogey
Scanning
Player
Player
Bogey
Scanning
Bogey
Player

That's all from the first ONE MINUTE
so is a "bogey" in star citizen an unknown contact or a hostile contact? because the latter would be a "bandit"

if it's the former, why doesn't chatty cathy say so

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Nicholas posted:

I love how much it's talked up when someone just copy pasted her head shot in photoshop. I could do that, and I can barely draw stick figures.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

XK posted:

I love how much it's talked up when someone just copy pasted her head shot in photoshop. I could do that, and I can barely draw stick figures.

How to determine if art/content/gameplay is good:

Is it from Star Citizen?
-> YES: Amazing, innovative, groundbreaking, a masterpiece!
-> NO: Derivative trash LOL TRY AGAIN AAA PUBLISHER SCUM

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ash1138 posted:

melkor is a middle earth reference

also vin diesel's d&d character name so maybe it was him

i was using melkor before vin diesel was cool

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Hey the one in front of the ship doesn't have a ring

that's different from the stock photo

so it's not the stock photo

checkmate, goons :smuggo:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tokamak posted:

Christ, I bet CIG has no loving clue who is working for them.

There's probably staff that get paid that don't even show up.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Danknificent posted:

It's incompetence, but it's not incompetence on the level of paying the artist to do something the hard way rather than shooting a photo - it's just normal CIG stuff.

It really speaks to the company culture and some underlying management deficiency when a professional artist wont expense the relatively cheap cost of a stock image for their own marketing material.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Is there any way to know if Tarkaroshe has any tags?

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Tokamak posted:

If stalking a news reporter not to mention the racist and creepy post weren't enough to get someone fired this didn't have the slightest chance of anything happening.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

How long until they make a snide allusion to it in one of their lovely videos

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

like i want to see sandi casually walk across the screen in a black dress with red trim cut out of construction paper and stapled on.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Archered or not, this is on Sandi.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

i was using melkor before vin diesel was cool
i'm p. sure that vin diesel was using melkor before vin diesel was cool

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ash1138 posted:

i'm p. sure that vin diesel was using melkor before vin diesel was cool

vin diesel and i are like that, cool bros :hfive:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 8, 2016

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Has there been a Wulge update recently? Did that guy die or go to jail or something?

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Nicholas posted:

Not just her body... Anything with her face in it is a 15 year old headshot.

That too :sad:

Danknificent posted:

No doubt. It's still funny, especially because it keeps happening.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Cultists already rushing in to defend this,

gently caress these people.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

If it helps I can loan you this old picture of Hitlerbaby mid-transformation.

Better than a pic of Sandi in my head.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Lime Tonics posted:

Cultists already rushing in to defend this,

gently caress these people.

:laffo: Fair use my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Also, thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am the lucky goony goon who managed to have adorable and sociable children with healthy body weights.

• Locked thread