Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just go in and quietly hate your boss and then drink on your off time like the rest of us

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

That sucks keane. Hopefully you can tough it out until you find something better

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MG3 posted:

That sucks keane. Hopefully you can tough it out until you find something better

I put up with a 2.5 hour commute each way to get my start, I'll survive.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

Just go in and quietly hate your boss and then drink on your off time like the rest of us

This hits too close to home.... uegghh

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This hits too close to home.... uegghh

If you hate your boss, leave. There are good bosses out there, and if you are in a position where looking for another position is feasible, do it. Working in a bad environment is awful, awful, awful and getting to a good one is one of the best things you can do for your well being.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

If you hate your boss, leave. There are good bosses out there, and if you are in a position where looking for another position is feasible, do it. Working in a bad environment is awful, awful, awful and getting to a good one is one of the best things you can do for your well being.

This is true. it's in the works. Testing for a cert in Sept, and going back to school as well. Just wasting time and missing opportunities at the moment sitting here.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

CCKeane posted:

My new job seems to suck a lot and I made a mistake. gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQW3KW3DCc

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Accurate.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My brother recently graduated from Rutgers. He already has a job well above average for his position in this area. I am ecstatic.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi everyone.

I believe I have just one more replacement to make for Drawrof Mafia. I'm not sure why it's been this many, since the game is rather lively. We are on Day 2.

I assure you it's an exciting game that will challenge your heart and mind.

Max fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 7, 2016

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i like my job, and my boss is super chill

also i had breakfast for dinner

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
on a sadder note a screw fell out of the handle on my food processor, and somehow fell under my stove where it will never be found, so i might need to get a new food processor

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

i like my job, and my boss is super chill

also i had breakfast for dinner

Yup, same here. But I had breakfast for lunch.

JakeP posted:

on a sadder note a screw fell out of the handle on my food processor, and somehow fell under my stove where it will never be found, so i might need to get a new food processor

You can almost definitely order a replacement screw.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

You can almost definitely order a replacement screw.

then id have to like look up the model number on my food processor and like call some tech support thing, and then hope I don't drop the replacement screw under my stove, ughhhhhh i don't even wanna think about it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

JakeP posted:

then id have to like look up the model number on my food processor and like call some tech support thing, and then hope I don't drop the replacement screw under my stove, ughhhhhh i don't even wanna think about it

Instead of doing that, you can play in my game of mafia!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

Clearly the solution is to burn down your house and start over.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
im gonna open molyneux mafia thread later today buckos. i hope you've grabbed your procedural butts in preparation.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Couldn't you just get a replacement screw from a hardware store? Take your food processor in with you and get someone there to find you a screw that works.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
surely it has more than one screw in it, just take one of the matching screws instead of the whole thing...

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Or that. The way he was moaning I figured it was a single screw.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I support Jake's quest for a fancy new processor.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pmom snagged the spot!

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

CCKeane posted:

Having quit my day job 2 weeks ago :agreed:

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Yeah take another matching screw into a hardware store and they'll match it up for you most likely.

If you need an excuse for a reason to buy a new one though, that's as good an excuse as any.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Get a second one, keep the first. Label one town and one scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Jake's food processor mafia, a game for 9 players, coming soon.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The lost screw has to be a survivor. It could be used on either processor if he gets a similar model.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I am learning today how cheap it is to travel these days to most places if you book a couple months out and I am going to spend way too much money traveling I think

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Kashuno posted:

I am learning today how cheap it is to travel these days to most places if you book a couple months out and I am going to spend way too much money traveling I think

travel to australia and i will fix ur postin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

travel to australia and i will fix ur postin

So far Australia is the most expensive place for me to travel to by a wide margin

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yep. It's a big commitment to come/leave here. Time and money wise.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Go to Japan, it owns.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Quidnose posted:

quote this post and i'll tell you what cheese would go well with you as the wine

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
EDIT: Never mind. I see what you did there and want no part of this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

There are a lot of people in the mafia community right now who have inserted themselves seemingly for the reason of solely trolling and being a dick to everyone. I have always seen this community as one of the best on SA with a lot of awesome people who have been incredibly close in spite of the fact that we all play a game where we call each other liars and terrible at reading and the like. But a small few have been really, incredibly toxic in the last couple of games that I have played and it's getting super old. I don't think I'm being over sensitive here because it is going beyond the context of in game and becoming mean spirited and pervasive.

As such, I am going to take a break from mafia, because I'm sick and tired of these people joining as many games as they can and then making GBS threads on the hard work of players, mods, and the spirit of the game by not playing mafia and instead just being jerks. This isn't about playstyle, because I know a lot of people in this community who I respect and enjoy playing with in spite of the fact that they don't play the way I play. This is about coming in here and making GBS threads on games. It'd be great if it stopped.

Hope everyone has a nice summer.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidnose posted:

There are a lot of people in the mafia community right now who have inserted themselves seemingly for the reason of solely trolling and being a dick to everyone. I have always seen this community as one of the best on SA with a lot of awesome people who have been incredibly close in spite of the fact that we all play a game where we call each other liars and terrible at reading and the like. But a small few have been really, incredibly toxic in the last couple of games that I have played and it's getting super old. I don't think I'm being over sensitive here because it is going beyond the context of in game and becoming mean spirited and pervasive.

As such, I am going to take a break from mafia, because I'm sick and tired of these people joining as many games as they can and then making GBS threads on the hard work of players, mods, and the spirit of the game by not playing mafia and instead just being jerks. This isn't about playstyle, because I know a lot of people in this community who I respect and enjoy playing with in spite of the fact that they don't play the way I play. This is about coming in here and making GBS threads on games. It'd be great if it stopped.

:agreed: and I hope you don't stay away for too long. Have a fun summer, quid

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
hey quid sorry i had to modkill you, and also sorry about some of the things i said in the mentioned doc, it was thoughtless

when you come back i hope we can play together again

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Absurd Revolver posted:

hey quid sorry i had to modkill you, and also sorry about some of the things i said in the mentioned doc, it was thoughtless

when you come back i hope we can play together again

I would not have requested a replacement if I had remembered or seen that because that game is smaller. I apologize if it hurts your game at all since I know you put effort into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Quidnose posted:

enjoy your vacation