Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Namtab posted:

I'd imagine its because ubw is the second arc and he doesn't want to commit to a vn.

Yeah.

And I plan to watch Kara no Kyoukai + other Nasuverse stuff don't worry.

So, theoretically, if I watch the 2006 anime, UBW, and the future Heaven's Feel movies, I won't be missing anything from the Fate/Stay Night game, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The stay night adaptation isn't the best, but I don't think there's too much lost in terms of critical plot beats. Problem with watching zero first is that you already know most of the big reveals

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I'm new to the Fate series. I finished Fate/Zero recently and am about halfway through Fate/Stay Night 2006 (Yeah I know, wrong order. Blame my friend.)

No spoilery details, can someone give me a yes/no answer on whether Saber/Artoria remembers the events from Fate/Zero? It seems like she doesn't.

She remembers.

It's kinda like asking if obi wan remembers the clone wars when you watch A New Hope; the specifics were made up after the fact.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, you would actually be missing a lot because there are concepts and story structure that transfer from route to route and don't work for a loving TV Show, but if you'r seriously gonna try to game a VN like that it's probably your best bet. Outside of actually reading the drat thing, of course.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

It would kinda work as a long series that looped back on itself ala the VN but that's not the way they chose to adapt it and it does suffer for it, I think.

For instance, F/Z is pretty self contained, but UBW def is constrained by lacking the context of Fate and not really being a straight sequel to F/Z.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Baal posted:

No, you would actually be missing a lot because there are concepts and story structure that transfer from route to route and don't work for a loving TV Show, but if you'r seriously gonna try to game a VN like that it's probably your best bet. Outside of actually reading the drat thing, of course.

Am I missing plot points or a stylistic choice? There's an important difference here, at least for me.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
More like more in depth character motivation for Shiro and Rin and watching them develop over the course of the three stories. The animes don't convey that to the level the VN does, UBW does the best job at it with the last episode, but it still drops a few beats and the 2006 anime literally tries to absorb the other two routes into itself and makes a loving mess of it all. This is also not to mention every route ups the ante from the last and the way the story of the VN is structured it plays on your expectations of the previous routes to subvert expectations of characters and how events could turn out.

If you're gonna watch them, go for it, but you're not getting the experience everyone who read the VN got.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
It's worth noting that back when the VN thread existed and wasn't being skeevy as hell, it was basically the MLA and F/SN react thread. The VN tends to be worth your time.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

you read the f/sn vn so that you can read the hollow ataraxia vn so that you can watch carnival phantasm

f/sn is on the lp archive anyway

also where are you watching Kara no Kyoukai apparently crunchyroll does not have that one

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Dreggon posted:

you read the f/sn vn so that you can read the hollow ataraxia vn so that you can watch carnival phantasm

f/sn is on the lp archive anyway

also where are you watching Kara no Kyoukai apparently crunchyroll does not have that one

I'll read ataraxia since there's no anime of it. (Yes, behold my revolting anime morality).

KnK I'll be watching at the same place I watch F/SN 2006. If Crunchyroll doesn't have something I have no choice but to use :filez:

laith_rem
May 9, 2015
XSeeD just announced they'll bring Fate/EXTELLA The Umbral Star in Winter 2016

:yotj:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I'll read ataraxia since there's no anime of it. (Yes, behold my revolting anime morality).

KnK I'll be watching at the same place I watch F/SN 2006. If Crunchyroll doesn't have something I have no choice but to use :filez:

You can pay money to own knk legally, and you should.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You can also pay money to own the stay night anime. You totally have a choice

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

laith_rem posted:

XSeeD just announced they'll bring Fate/EXTELLA The Umbral Star in Winter 2016

:yotj:

I can't wait for more anime.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Just being mean, now.

quote:

•At 50% HP, the hands can apply a buff on itself, trigger on death, that will boost enemy's NP gauge by 1.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Somehow the 20 atk extra on the ce resulted in 10k more damage on kinoki NP from 200%. Boost :aaaaa:

Level you ce , people, every level matters.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Other events were work and with the exception of Dantes I could grit my teeth and finish them but this event seems like bs. I managed to finally survive 15 turns against her with a little luck and a lot of careful choices that paid off and managed to make back the damage I had previously wasted but still; it seems unfair when it comes to quest rewards.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This event was annoying before they reduced they made every stage last 24 hours instead of 48. Now it becomes pretty hard to complete all the missions if you also want to sleep regularly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No yeah I've basically given up and am just playing guilty gear and logging in for my daily rewards now, this event is the worst.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It's certainly hard enough to make me care about CE atk boost. :argh:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

They keep increasing the amount of daily rewards you can get, but it's completely infeasible if you're only doing 2BP like I am so gently caress that.

I just go for the Summon Ticket because I am dumb and still believe I can actually get something I want from the gacha.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Namtab posted:

You can pay money to own knk legally, and you should.

Yeah? Looking at this Kara no kyoukai box set on amazon, great price.

it's kind of like i have the choice to kill myself every day but i don't. yep, we all have choices

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, paying for anime sure is the same thing as killing yourself.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man guys, current FGO sucks huh-- :yikes:

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Baal posted:

Yes, paying for anime sure is the same thing as killing yourself.

Both are constantly tempting, so yea

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

BlitzBlast posted:

They keep increasing the amount of daily rewards you can get, but it's completely infeasible if you're only doing 2BP like I am so gently caress that.

I just go for the Summon Ticket because I am dumb and still believe I can actually get something I want from the gacha.

Another attempt, failed with 4 turns remaining; because Waver and Mashu died too soon. I have to make zero mistakes.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I wish this wasn't a fake screencap.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

it's kind of like i have the choice to kill myself every day but i don't. yep, we all have choices

You always have the choice to be a dutch/german/french speaking person, which would make it much cheaper :smuggo:

Seriously, Aniplex or whoever takes care of that stuff across the pond has some serious pricing issues

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlitzBlast posted:

There's a whole album and it's great.
https://imgur.com/a/rXAWn

Oh, and:
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/740235326979903488

Kyte fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jun 8, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Who's the White-haired guy?

And do any of the Camelot guys besides Merlin actually know that Arturia's a woman?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bwahhh port Extella to PC so i dont have to buy a vita or ps4

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wuxi posted:

Who's the White-haired guy?

And do any of the Camelot guys besides Merlin actually know that Arturia's a woman?

Bedivere iirc

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Wasn't the Tsukihime remake supposed to come out in 2010? I remember way back when that felt like forever away. :shepface:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
edit; never mind, remake was announced 2008 if Wikipedia is correct, but again, no actual committed release date

Compendium fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 8, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Pollyanna posted:

Wasn't the Tsukihime remake supposed to come out in 2010? I remember way back when that felt like forever away. :shepface:

It was unfortunately canceled.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
no

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I got two summon tickets as event rewards today, ended up getting Carmilla and a second Astolfo. I'm on a lucky streak, i guess.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Unholy Ghost posted:

I paid for it.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I would have had a respectable job with a great amount of disposable income to be able to afford the Kara no Kyoukai box set by now

Instead, I became interested in anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Yeah man, it's only $319 everywhere with the $150 standard edition totally sold out! All in glorious English sub only!

Although I would recommend spending all that on fate/go instead.