Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Cacator posted:

Who's the guy who pronounces mutant as mu-TAHNT and villain as vil-LANE? It bothers me.

That's Andrew Jupin, same guy who does die-ah-monds and jew-ells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Listening to the X-Men Animation Damnation, I wonder if Troll Wolverine was meant to be a reference to this guy: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/troll/4005-5183/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cacator posted:

Who's the guy who pronounces mutant as mu-TAHNT and villain as vil-LANE? It bothers me.
Does he do this on purpose or does he legitimately not know how to pronounce them? Vil-lane's started to bother me recently since I've heard him do it several times. If it's a joke, it's starting to lose its luster with me. If it's not, well he should really learn how to pronounce that word haha

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Yes I'm sure a grown-rear end man with a college education doesn't know how villain, jewels, etc. are pronounced.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I listened to Blind Fury, and it sounds like that movie was the inspiration for Fruit Ninja but they didn't notice (or care).

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Does he do this on purpose or does he legitimately not know how to pronounce them? Vil-lane's started to bother me recently since I've heard him do it several times. If it's a joke, it's starting to lose its luster with me. If it's not, well he should really learn how to pronounce that word haha

100% on purpose.

If anyone isn't into whacky pronunciation, WHM is not the podcast for them.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Is there anywhere I can get a list of "must-listen" episodes of this? I recently got into this and scraped together some episodes that seemed to be recommended in the early pages of the thread and indeed turned out to be good:

Never Say Never Again
Deep Blue Sea
Godzilla
Ghostbusters 2
The Core (the best one so far)
Jaws 3D
The Butterfly Effect

I've also queued up these as I think I saw them recommended:

Mrs Doubtfire
The Day After Tomorrow
Swordfish
Blame It on Rio

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Honestly, if you haven't heard all of the last year or so just start with the newest ones and work your way bckwards. Ever since Cabin left and it's the same three core guys every week the show has just gotten better and better.

If you still want episodes recommended, here are some good ones off the top of my head while looking at the episode list

Mortal Kombat
Secret Window
Three Men And a Baby
Face/Off
My Best Friend's Wedding
Bill & Ted
Super Mario Bros.
Planet Of The Apes
Invisible Child
Cyber Seduction: His Secret Life
Space Jam
Devil's Advocate
Brainscan

Also yes, Mrs. Doubtfire and Blame It On Rio are indeed top shelf WHM.

After a while you'll notice which of their dumb impressions / invented characters crack you up the most and you can just sort through the episodes looking for ones where those are likely to show up. Or do it like me and listen to the whole back catalog while playing NBA 2K in like a month.

No wait, don't do that.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 8, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Deep Impact.
Pixels (President Hot Dog)
Bordello of Blood (babe)
Boondock Saints 2 (NOT GAY)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

TetsuoTW posted:

Yes I'm sure a grown-rear end man with a college education doesn't know how villain, jewels, etc. are pronounced.

But does he know that punctuation isn't supposed to be read aloud, question mark?

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

Guy Mann posted:

But does he know that punctuation isn't supposed to be read aloud, question mark?

Shuu-or!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Pallbearer is a underrated gem imo

E: the episode, obvs, the movie is like they somehow rolled a literal wet blanket into a VHS tape

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

kaesarsosei posted:

Is there anywhere I can get a list of "must-listen" episodes of this?

Cocoon and Ewoks, goddammut.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hard Target
Babycakes
Poison Ivy

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Guy Mann posted:

God, I've started doing this and I wish I hadn't

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

kaesarsosei posted:

Is there anywhere I can get a list of "must-listen" episodes of this? I recently got into this and scraped together some episodes that seemed to be recommended in the early pages of the thread and indeed turned out to be good:

Never Say Never Again
Deep Blue Sea
Godzilla
Ghostbusters 2
The Core (the best one so far)
Jaws 3D
The Butterfly Effect

I've also queued up these as I think I saw them recommended:

Mrs Doubtfire
The Day After Tomorrow
Swordfish
Blame It on Rio

I think The Core is a top-10 episode for sure, so here's some others I'd consider ranking that high on my list, and the reason (possibly inscrutable if you haven't heard the ep) that I'd totally listen to it again right now:

#110 Foodfight - WHM at possibly their most baffled
#119 Volcano* - JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK (* - prompts a side mini-episode about Favorite Movie Deaths which is a great listen)
#145 Hard Target - hwhat, HWHAT, HWHAT, HWHAT
#161 Mortal Kombat - heh heh heh heh
#200 Red Heat - Schwarzenegger and the hack Belushi, together!
#219 Brainscan - always hire a reliable assistant
#235 American Shaolin - fat ghooooooooost
#252 X-Men: The Last Stand - The trio plus guest host are the giddiest happiest quartet I've heard on a podcast, efinitely 28th or 29th on my top 30 list

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm gonna stump for Drac2000 any time a must listen list is made.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Attack of the Clones had me in tears with the skuzzy Clieg Lars bit.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I can't believe I forgot about Hard Target. It's easily the raddest movie they've introduced me to. My head hangs in shame.

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World
Tuff Turf is a must listen

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

weekly font posted:

I'm gonna stump for Drac2000 any time a must listen list is made.

That's me with Poison Ivy and Babycakes (a.k.a. the "EEEEEEEWW!" Duology).

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking. The horse character cracked me the gently caress up.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

effervescible posted:

The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking. The horse character cracked me the gently caress up.

Seconding this.

Trevor Gottitall
May 9, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I never see others mention it, but their episode on Perfect Stranger is definitely somewhere in my top ten.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Invisible Child for preparing and baking a pizza at midnight

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
gently caress it, just listen them all, is what people are really saying (and that's not bad advice).

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

effervescible posted:

Thirding this. But I love all their episodes about deranged children's movies, like "The Wizard", "Jack Frost", and "One Magic Christmas".

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
It's not on the app but an excellent oldie is GYMKATA.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
The He-Man and Sheera Christmas Special from Animation Damnation was amazing for the "Skeletor takes the kids to ComicCon and yells at Billy for drinking his Rockstar" bit alone.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Shocking lack of Addicted to Love on this page :ughh:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Duke posted:

It's the kind of sex that wouldn't make a ripple on a lake if you did it in a boat :3:

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

The Duke posted:

Seeing Picard reminds me of how horrible their Patrick Stewart impressions always are. They kill it with most of the other ones but for some reason that's their sucky one.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Abraxas is their magnum opus

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

kalensc posted:

It's not on the app but an excellent oldie is GYMKATA.

It's probably my favourite episode. I think it's the first example of them doing a movie that turned out to be one they genuinely enjoyed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DrVenkman posted:

It's probably my favourite episode. I think it's the first example of them doing a movie that turned out to be one they genuinely enjoyed.

Was it before or after hider in the house?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

bobkatt013 posted:

Was it before or after hider in the house?

I was convinced it was before because I thought Hider In The House was post episode 100. As it turns out it's fairly early in the show's run.

Another they genuinely end up enjoying is BEST OF THE BEST 2, which is pretty high up there in the 'White Guy Karate' genre.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

kaesarsosei posted:

Is there anywhere I can get a list of "must-listen" episodes of this?

Cross reference the episode list with Wilford Brimley's IMDB credits for the answer. Enjoy yourself, gawdamoot.

When you're done with that, do the same for fat ghoJim Belushi

Croisquessein posted:

Seeing Picard reminds me of how horrible their Patrick Stewart impressions always are. They kill it with most of the other ones but for some reason that's their sucky one.

I'm kind of shocked we made it through X3 without a single mention of the nexus

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Croisquessein posted:

:getout:

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

Well they are. Hardly any accent, it's like, lower voice with weird intonation, boom, done. I could do a better Picard and I'm a chipmonk-voiced girl.

That said, their Nick Nolte is so good it makes me concerned for their health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Cacator posted:

It's going to bother me a lot more now that someone else has mentioned it out. I want to say the vil-LANE thing is directed toward over the top characters that are super evil solely because they're the villain of the movie, but mispronouncing a word on purpose is still annoying.

Illinois Smith posted:

Also yes, Mrs. Doubtfire and Blame It On Rio are indeed top shelf WHM.

Blame It On Rio is indeed on the top shelf, tucked away behind some books. We only take it down after the kids have gone to bed because this is We Hate movies: After Dark. It's a fantastic episode but I agree with them that it shouldn't be anyone's first episode. I think any recommendation list need to include a Lifetime movie; they're great episodes and they also introduce this big, hidden genre of film.

Edit: He just called Suicide Squad vil-LANEs in the Speed 2 episode. Whatever, I still love the show.

The Twinkie Czar fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jun 10, 2016