Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fereydun posted:

i wish
i don't think it really has that diverse range or talent

me neither

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Actually, Smash is Kidz Bop

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Actually, Smash is Kidz Bop

Actually Kidz Bop is Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

marvel 2 is sandstorm by darude

marvel 2 is all of the songs in clock vs neo

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
esp. Crank That

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Mortal Kombat is the sound of slapping a dead fish against another dead fish

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What's Skullgirls?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
skullgirls is a youth pastor 80s rock cover band

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
*christian ska band

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
a christian band doing clean covers of sublime songs and editing the lyrics to make them about jesus

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NecroMonster posted:

like, i'm pretty sure maximillian is one of the people who i observed doing the "fatalities on female characters" thing

wait, do we think maximillian is awful right now (he is) or is he "cool"?

he made an 8 frames video so even an annoying dipshit can have a cool moment of hating on capcom

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
skullgirls is Combiochrist

this analogy works even better if you assume that MvC2 is Skinny Puppy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

skullgirls is Combiochrist

this analogy works even better if you assume that MvC2 is Skinny Puppy

You leave Skinny Puppy out of this.

Also, if anything, they're Karate Champ.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

what was up with the wager clash system in injustice 1? every time it came up i didn't know what the gently caress and my gut tells me it sucks. i'm not gonna get 2 until they give it to me free again but i don't think i'll even play it if it has that poo poo in there again..

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Smash Bros. is Queen

Melee is Another One Bites the Dust, Brawl is We Are the Champions, 3DS/Wii U is I Want It All

So Melee, Brawl, and 4 are all poo poo compared to Smash 64's standards?

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
http://m.imgur.com/a/Pp0La

MAME arcade cabinet update: Unscrewed the plexiglass but it wouldn't come off. Maybe there is some other way to open it up? I noticed the cabinet is hinged. Should there be some way to open that hinge up?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

marvel 2 is all of the songs in clock vs neo
isn't pegasus fantasy one of the sogns in clock vs neo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Injustice 2 announce trailer, no in-game footage. All the characters have Tony Stark tech and I guess Bryan Cranston's doing a thing? EDIT: they're not even bothering with PC this time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX0WA6yIZ7I

quote:

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Injustice 2, the super-powered sequel to the hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us. The newest game in development from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains and allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favorite DC characters. Injustice 2 will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in 2017.

The official Injustice 2 trailer can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/hX0WA6yIZ7I

“In Injustice 2, we are introducing new features that will change the way fans play fighting games,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We’re always interested in pushing the genre forward and allowing players to customize and level-up their favorite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains is a significant leap.”

“Expanding the DC Universe in games continues to be one of our top priorities, and Injustice 2 showcases amazing gameplay and an original story to bring the characters to life for players,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is offering fans an experience of customizing and battling with DC’s iconic characters in an entirely new way.”

Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

To celebrate the announcement of Injustice 2, fans who have downloaded the hugely successful Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game can unlock the Injustice 2 versions of Superman and Aquaman through the in-game Challenge Modes. Released in 2013 and developed from the ground up by NetherRealm Studios, the Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game is available as a free download on the App Store and Google Play.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/08/injustice-2-revealed-coming-to-ps4-in-2017/

quote:

We are super excited to announce the latest installment of the Injustice franchise, Injustice 2, coming to Playstation 4 in 2017. As the sequel to 2013’s Injustice: Gods Among Us, we wanted to come out swinging. We’re doing all of the things you’d expect from a sequel. We’re adding new characters, new environments, and we’re taking environment destruction and interaction to the next level.

But we didn’t want to stop there. At NetherRealm, we always want to make games that are fun, challenging and innovative. We strive to give players a level of control that makes playing our games a truly personal experience. For that reason, we have introduced a brand new Gear System, allowing players to build their own version of Superman, their Batman and ultimately, their Injustice Universe.
The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match. As you gear up your characters, you’re building a roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that reflects your choices, and your preferences, which can be vastly different than your opponents. A few play sessions in, you can expect your Aquaman to look and play different than anyone else’s Aquaman you may come across.

And of course we’re going to continue to tell the epic story of the Injustice Universe. When last we saw them, Superman was imprisoned in a Red Sun prison cell, while Batman was continuing the good fight against the forces that would see Superman’s tyranny back in power. Where do we go from here? And what new characters will join the fight? Of course you’ll have to play the game to find out. And we can’t wait for you to get your hands on this game. We’re excited to see your vision come to life on screen.
Stay tuned! We’ll continue to drop information as we lead up to our launch in 2017.

so the power armour is a gem system that doubles as a hideous character customisation gimmick. Oh well.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 8, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

EDIT: they're not even bothering with PC this time?

I'd rather this than them doing what they did with MK, really.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They made MOM mode an entire game

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
its gonna be another nrs game who cares. except people who are into nrs games but theyre gonna get it anyway so really the entire thing is a futile effort

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
LOOT DROPS?

Hahhahahahaha

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
We've entered the future where all games now have loot drops and cool down abilities.

To be fair NRS is known for making good single player content and those guys will probably think it's cool as heck. Different target audience.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wait, I thought Baal was joking but it's there. Loot drops that "change your strategy". What the bloody hell.

attackmole posted:

cool down abilities

You keep Rise of the Robots 3 out of this! It was a cool game/tech demo.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
As long as a ranked mode uses default characters, eh.

NRS was doing pretty well when it came to "not adding absolutely terrible gimmicks", I hope they're not falling off the horse again.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like that they're maintaining the tradition of no-effort system names. Gear System, fits right in with Variations and Meter Burn.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I like that they're maintaining the tradition of no-effort system names. Gear System, fits right in with Variations and Meter Burn.

Also Clashes. Why bother with fancy names when people are just gonna call them those things anyway, right? Although V-Reversal is avoiding being called alpha counter and I'm kinda impressed.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
If equipment is their idea of innovation and is core to the entire game than it is nice that they at least are telling us in advance that they want to try and kill its tournament scene. Also the way they say "allowing players to build their own version of Superman" really just reminds me of SFxT's gems, only this sounds like it is supposed to change even more and be partly random in unlocking.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It all depends on whether they'll push the Equipment thing as a non-negotiable part of multiplayer or if you're gonna be able to "no items, Final Destination" that poo poo. If there's a half decent game behind the lootbox BS and it can be ignored, the competitive scene will be fine. It does sound like a terrible idea, you'd think SFxT would've taught people some precious lessons about enhancements in a fighting game.

Also I cannot wait for the backlash when you get to buy lootboxes to get the +12 on block comboable overhead.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I wonder if they are going to try and have the equipment be partially randomized as if it was Diablo-style. Gotta keep hoping that you get the gloves that increase all your stats and give you super armour jabs.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

In the MKX Story Mode Johnny Cage is actually an incredibly good dad and Sonya's the one who's the bad parent

Late but yeah, I watched BFP go through story mode and Johnny owns, but watching their fisticuffs of it or w/e when that combination of character fatalities worked out was really off-putting. Not judging anyone who likes the game, it was just something that personally turned me off (I already wasn't a huge fan of stuff like the X-rays and fatalities but stuff like the triple character mode looked real interesting).

EDIT: Well that and how dumb juggles look during combos.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I was gonna mention SFxT's gems but y'all beat me to it.

loving lol, by and large videogames today are terrible

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was gonna mention SFxT's gems but y'all beat me to it.

loving lol, by and large videogames today are terrible

Hey, GG Revelator came out and that game owns. They know how to keep the goofy upgrade stuff seperate from the core experience.

Edit: I really hope that if equips are just a for fun thing the NRS community doesn't try to make it work in tournament play, because Smash 4 tried that and even stripped it down to just custom moves, and it still created too many issues in both a gameplay sense and in tournament organizing.

Black Mage Knight fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 8, 2016

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Black Mage Knight posted:

Hey, GG Revelator came out and that game owns. They know how to keep the goofy upgrade stuff seperate from the core experience.

Edit: I really hope that if equips are just a for fun thing the NRS community doesn't try to make it work in tournament play, because Smash 4 tried that and even stripped it down to just custom moves, and it still created too many issues in both a gameplay sense and in tournament organizing.

I should really just sit down and work on learning GG. Maybe Slayer, Jam or the girl in the kung fu robot man might be more up my alley as I guess they're a little more street fightery and less gimmicky. I think I kind of gravitate towards straightforward (i.e. boring) characters like Balrog for whatever reason. I've never been very big on style, I just like to smash things with a big blunt instrument. I like playing footsies or rushdown and filling the screen with projectiles and weirdo things like controlling a puppet or whatever just aren't my jam.

I've been told that because I kinda gravitate towards the basics, I should probably play Ky Kiske. And when I played it non-competitively, I generally played him. And I think he'd fit. But he's also Ryu and everyone plays Ky Kiske and he's about as whitebread as you get.

Is Slayer better in Revelator? Because I feel like Slayer has a playstyle that fits me better than most, AND he has a cool character design to boot, unlike Ky. I'm fine with doing links in combos (I play SF mainly after all), it's just stuff like Zato-1 & Eddie and Jack-O's tower defense poo poo that makes me go "whaaat?"

What also sucks is last time there was a local GG tourney... literally 3 people showed up to it. Not counting me and another friend who were there to play Alpha 2. :negative: So I guess I haven't really been given much incentive to learn it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nobody plays Ky

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gammatron 64 posted:

I should really just sit down and work on learning GG. Maybe Slayer, Jam or the girl in the kung fu robot man might be more up my alley as I guess they're a little more street fightery and less gimmicky. I think I kind of gravitate towards straightforward (i.e. boring) characters like Balrog for whatever reason. I've never been very big on style, I just like to smash things with a big blunt instrument. I like playing footsies or rushdown and filling the screen with projectiles and weirdo things like controlling a puppet or whatever just aren't my jam.

I've been told that because I kinda gravitate towards the basics, I should probably play Ky Kiske. And when I played it non-competitively, I generally played him. And I think he'd fit. But he's also Ryu and everyone plays Ky Kiske and he's about as whitebread as you get.

Is Slayer better in Revelator? Because I feel like Slayer has a playstyle that fits me better than most, AND he has a cool character design to boot, unlike Ky. I'm fine with doing links in combos (I play SF mainly after all), it's just stuff like Zato-1 & Eddie and Jack-O's tower defense poo poo that makes me go "whaaat?"

What also sucks is last time there was a local GG tourney... literally 3 people showed up to it. Not counting me and another friend who were there to play Alpha 2. :negative: So I guess I haven't really been given much incentive to learn it.

I'll give you the advice that was given to me. Nobody in the west is good enough that tier lists factor much into it, some characters are just easier to win with starting out.

Like that time FAB came to Europe and absolutely clowned on everyone with the worst character in the game.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Who was the worst character?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
The customization system will probably be miles better than SFxT gems, because NRS is a way more competent dev studio than Dimps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Gammatron 64 posted:

Play Sol. He's the mascot of the game and high tier but not 'everyone plays him' whitebread. Hits like a loving truck up close, no gimmicks.

Saoshyant posted:

Who was the worst character?

Potemkin. Playing him is noble and honourable.