Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Tier IV at the moment.

GGA is the chillest of guilds :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Hit a whale team in gw today. Echo, fives, rex, Leia, rg 7* level 68 to my teams 72ish. If you see this team comp kill echo as fast as loving possible. If you can keep him stunned as well. I went in thinking Leia was going to be a issue, nope echo was the real pain in the rear end.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
I am also looking for a goon guild of cool goons. Currently level 64/65(i forget which) and on the spreadsheet last I checked.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Herux posted:

I am also looking for a goon guild of cool goons. Currently level 64/65(i forget which) and on the spreadsheet last I checked.

Sent you an ally request so we can get you invited to Goongan.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Inkel posted:

Sent you an ally request so we can get you invited to Goongan.

accepted your request and thank you!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I went ahead and kicked out anyone who hasn't logged in in two weeks. QGJ has five open slots now

If Mimetek is here, please let me know if you are opposed to being booted out. You haven't logged in in 9 days so you're going to get the boot unless you are just on break or whatever.

Potential QGJ applicants: If you decide to send me a friend request in the interest of joining the guild, please post here. I get a lot of friend requests daily and unless it's a name I recognize or a high level Phasma or Bariss then I'm turning down the request.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I need a new guild, I joined an almost full one kind of randomly when guilds launched and they kind of suck. T3 raids always take a second day and it's always 4-5 guys doing most of the damage. One one hand it's nice to always get the top reward but when they can't even reach the second tier reward on Cantina day despite being full, it blows.

I'm leaving once I get the rewards from the raid above, or can I get an invite while being in a guild? Added my info to the spreadsheet, my only concern is the time zone issue since I live in Germany. If I read correctly, guild activities reset 7:30PM in the leader's time zone? I might end up staying awake for too long to squeeze the most out of my energy/tries if I'm in a US guild.

Ed: Oh and switching guilds isn't going to mess with my arena shard or something? I've been getting top 10-20 since shortly after I unlocked arena and I don't want anything to mess that up!

Vodos fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 8, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm liking my HK/86/88/Pogsworth/RG arena team right now. They punch above their weight. Just need to get RG and Pogsworth to Lvl 7 gear and I'll hopefully consistently be above 1000 ranking so I can get 400 shekels a day.

For the Galactic Chore, can someone point out who to replace in this team: Lumi/QGJ/JC/86/RG? Was thinking about replacing 86 w/ some Jedi, but don't know if that makes sense.

fake edit: I'm level 62 if that makes a difference.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 8, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

quote:

The whole idea of using our power to determine our GW difficulty is flawed to begin with. I have a maxed (for my level, 72) Night sister Initiate. And I have a maxed Ahsoka. NSI is listed as having nearly a thousand more power. Yet in battle, Ahsoka always hits for more. Those power ratings are just ridiculous and inaccurate. And in the case of someone like Rey, it's obviously not taking into account that she has skills that allows her to hit 3 times in one attack. Thus we both have a character with similar "power" but yours is WAAY better than mine. Yet we face the same difficulty GW. That's crazy.

Some guy on reddit nicely explains my hellish GW experience.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm liking my HK/86/88/Pogsworth/RG arena team right now. They punch above their weight. Just need to get RG and Pogsworth to Lvl 7 gear and I'll hopefully consistently be above 1000 ranking so I can get 400 shekels a day.

For the Galactic Chore, can someone point out who to replace in this team: Lumi/QGJ/JC/86/RG? Was thinking about replacing 86 w/ some Jedi, but don't know if that makes sense.

fake edit: I'm level 62 if that makes a difference.

GW is way, way easier with Barriss as your lead, so get her.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Jibo posted:

I went ahead and kicked out anyone who hasn't logged in in two weeks. QGJ has five open slots now

If Mimetek is here, please let me know if you are opposed to being booted out. You haven't logged in in 9 days so you're going to get the boot unless you are just on break or whatever.

Potential QGJ applicants: If you decide to send me a friend request in the interest of joining the guild, please post here. I get a lot of friend requests daily and unless it's a name I recognize or a high level Phasma or Bariss then I'm turning down the request.

Left my guild and sent a friend request to Jibo.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
For anyone that wants to move up in Arena, there's a new pretty OP team...I lost to them twice in a row, and it's F2P. he does have raid gear and Omegas, so, it won't be easy, but it's worth considering as your main squad, or some variation on this:

Ackbar (Lead), HR Scout, ST Han, Poggle, Lumi.

I think you could replace Lumi with Daka or Rey, and you could also replace Poggle with someone. The real power comes from the interplay of Ackbar/Scout/Han, which is even scarier than you think it is. The real advantage of running Lumi and Poggle is that they will trigger a lot of basic attacks from Scout, Han, and Ackbar (thanks to Ackbar's Leader ability). Han and Ackbar both have a chance to gain TM on a basic, and Scout can give all allies TM. Target Dooku or Fives with Han taunting, and you're going to get a fairly insane number of attacks in a row. I'd still probably run Rey over Lumi, because she only has one non-attack and she won't use it very often, while Han and Scout feeding her TM will be pretty crazy. Unfortunately, my Scout is level 1 and has a long ways to go before he's 7*, so it isn't a realistic goal anytime soon, but I might start farming his hard levels again to supplement cantina tokens.

I'm also seeing a lot of whales starting to use Ackbar, Leia, RG, Rey, QGJ, or some close variation. I've also started seeing ST Han lead teams in the top 5. I'm not convinced ST Han is all that great of a leader, the offence up is really nice, but because of how much damage people do and how protection works, I just don't think you're going to see it that often, while 25 defense is pretty whatever.

I think the most common team comps are still Ben or Dooku (L), QGJ, Rey, RG, +1 (Phasma, ST Han, GS, Daka), but I'm starting to see more leaders, like ST Han, Ackbar, and Phasma. There are probably 5 QGJs leaders in our top 50, and there's also one HK.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I am working on a Rebel team right now (AA, HRS, STHan, Luke, Lando - sadly, Biggs sucks too much :( )and you are right, HRS is definitely a hidden ace. Mine is only 5* level 70 cause I lack credits to promote and level him further but all of his abilities are worth omegaing and with Ackbar lead he is at 169 speed with a decently reliable stun and great meter gains. He can get to gear IX without needing any raid gear, too.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I've been out most the past week and a half moving. Will the empire/rebel event repeat like Yoda? I assume so since there is an achievement but was there a post saying so?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hughlander posted:

I've been out most the past week and a half moving. Will the empire/rebel event repeat like Yoda? I assume so since there is an achievement but was there a post saying so?

I mean they aren't exactly churning out the content so I imagine it will be back eventually.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
They said it will come back again, yes.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The team that scares me the most is one with Old Ben (L) and ST Han. If you let Han get his taunt off, he's immediately followed by Ben's massive debuff (which includes ability block and offense down), so you can't dispel the taunt and you end up softly tapping Han. At this point I usually end up selecting my maximum stun team (Dooku, Daka, RG) and hope that I manage to get one of them suppressed.

Also, because there's an achievement for the Imperial event, I'm sure it'll return. The Yoda event will be back tomorrow.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My arena team is massively underleveld for my old shard but I hold around 500-700 with a team of Old Ben (L) Rey Lumi ST Han and QGJ. I don't particularly want Lumi in there but she's one of my best geared characters, when I can star up RG to go into that team I think it will be extremely annoying on defense. Although I am not totally sold on him as the last member either.

I am glad that f2p rebel team I was speculating on in here earlier is as strong as I thought it was, my ST Han will be 7* soon, but it's going to be awhile before I can start working on HRS

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

The team that scares me the most is one with Old Ben (L) and ST Han. If you let Han get his taunt off, he's immediately followed by Ben's massive debuff (which includes ability block and offense down), so you can't dispel the taunt and you end up softly tapping Han. At this point I usually end up selecting my maximum stun team (Dooku, Daka, RG) and hope that I manage to get one of them suppressed.

Also, because there's an achievement for the Imperial event, I'm sure it'll return. The Yoda event will be back tomorrow.

Honestly I don't fear that team too much. I run Dooku, Rey, QGJ, RG, Dakka, (your max stun team I guess) and I find St Han squishy that he just gets taken out fast. I usually just stun the opposing QGJ with Dooku because everyone runs QGJ and then kill St Han. If he taunts it's usually after his protection is gone. Sometimes I'll stun him but usually not. (And never stun him on a team with RG and ST Han)

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Hughlander posted:

Honestly I don't fear that team too much. I run Dooku, Rey, QGJ, RG, Dakka, (your max stun team I guess) and I find St Han squishy that he just gets taken out fast. I usually just stun the opposing QGJ with Dooku because everyone runs QGJ and then kill St Han. If he taunts it's usually after his protection is gone. Sometimes I'll stun him but usually not. (And never stun him on a team with RG and ST Han)

Yeah that's my identical team. At least one of the guys on my server is running a gear 11 Han, who has about 34k combined protection/health. With Ben leader, if you whiff a hit against him, he'll get enough meter to taunt right away.

IMO people who run both Han and RG are dumb. With an evasion leader they have crap damage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Yeah that's my identical team. At least one of the guys on my server is running a gear 11 Han, who has about 34k combined protection/health. With Ben leader, if you whiff a hit against him, he'll get enough meter to taunt right away.

IMO people who run both Han and RG are dumb. With an evasion leader they have crap damage.

I think that if you are running Han, RG, and an evasion leader, that's not good. However, if you run either Ackbar or Phasma leader, I think you can pull it off. With Ackbar, run Scout and Rey. With Phasma, run Rey and QGJ/GS. You'll have enough damage. The TM that two damage dealers get off Han's taunt is pretty crazy.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I run HK lead, IG-88, IG-86, Jawa Engineer and Poggle. The other team sometimes doesn't even get a turn. I managed to claw my way up to 10th place on my shard, even though my only 7 stars are 88 and 86 and I can't be bothered grinding above gear level 8.

Jawa Engi's grenade attack is hilariously useless though. He's so fast that he can throw 3 grenades on the same guy before the first one detonates, but more often someone else has killed them well before that.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Its purpose is to increase 88's damage.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

And Jawa's, since he's such a force to be reckoned with.

Anyway spread 'em to enemies with no debuff, don't stack them.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

kaschei posted:

Its purpose is to increase 88's damage.

How does it do that? Does it debuff at high levels?

VVV Ah so the unexploded grenade counts as a debuff? Huh

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 9, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
88 has a passive that gives him extra damage and crit damage for each enemy suffering a negative status effect. So you want to debuff as many enemies as possible to stack up the buff.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

How difficult is it to build a viable Ewok team? I don't have Chirpa unlocked yet but I thought Scout, Elder, Teebo combined with Han and RG might make for hilarious turn meter action?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

tadashi posted:

How difficult is it to build a viable Ewok team? I don't have Chirpa unlocked yet but I thought Scout, Elder, Teebo combined with Han and RG might make for hilarious turn meter action?

Scout is the hardest to get. He has only two hard nodes to farm. Teebo is easiest, just gw tokens. Chirpa and elder are cantina nodes.

Definitely get an ewok team but don't prioritize over your A-level GW or arena team.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 9, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Scout is the hardest to get. He has only two hard nodes to farm. Teebo is easiest, just gw tokens. Chirpa and elder are cantina nodes.

Definitely get an ewok team but don't prioritize over your A-level GW or arena team.

Elder and Scout are equally difficult to farm, although Elder starts at a higher star level, so opening him in data cards gets you more shards than opening scout.

I've been farming Elder pretty consistently since day one, although back then he had only 1 hard mission, and he's still not 7*. With 2, it's going a bit faster. I also buy shards from the shard shop, but not for the guild shop (those I'm only spending on gear for now).

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I think teebo is the most important to get to high star and gear for potency. The rest not so much.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
They sell Elder shards in the guild shop but I don't think I would recommend prioritizing him over gearing up your dudes.

Keep in mind that Ewok Scout's second Hard Shard is in the very last DS Hard mission right now and Elder's second spot is the mission before that. Even getting to the point where you can farm them is tricky.

On a related note, has anyone actually managed to 3 star the final LS Hard mission? The boss is a cracked out level 80 Dooku that hits for minimum 7k damage with his basic. I came close to doing it the one time I attempted it using Yoda and Rey primarily but all he needs to do is connect with a bonus attack to drop one of your other dudes.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

They sell Elder shards in the guild shop but I don't think I would recommend prioritizing him over gearing up your dudes.

Keep in mind that Ewok Scout's second Hard Shard is in the very last DS Hard mission right now and Elder's second spot is the mission before that. Even getting to the point where you can farm them is tricky.

On a related note, has anyone actually managed to 3 star the final LS Hard mission? The boss is a cracked out level 80 Dooku that hits for minimum 7k damage with his basic. I came close to doing it the one time I attempted it using Yoda and Rey primarily but all he needs to do is connect with a bonus attack to drop one of your other dudes.

I did the mission once, did not 3 star. Repeating it was like

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I did the mission once, did not 3 star. Repeating it was like

Yeah this was my experience with it as well. There's no reason to even go for the three star on it unless you're a weirdo completionist.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Yeah this was my experience with it as well. There's no reason to even go for the three star on it unless you're a weirdo completionist.

Or want to farm a completely irrelevant hero...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I 3 starred it.

At 78.

With Jedi.

:smuggo:

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 9, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

I run HK lead, IG-88, IG-86, Jawa Engineer and Poggle. The other team sometimes doesn't even get a turn. I managed to claw my way up to 10th place on my shard, even though my only 7 stars are 88 and 86 and I can't be bothered grinding above gear level 8.

Jawa Engi's grenade attack is hilariously useless though. He's so fast that he can throw 3 grenades on the same guy before the first one detonates, but more often someone else has killed them well before that.

In addition to the mentioned crit buff it gives 88(?), It also hits like a loving truck. In gw all I had left at node 12 was phasma, Biggs, qgj, Geo and jawa engi. I had a double stack of them go off in one turn and blow dorku back to wherever he is from. If you swap him in on the savage op challenge a tripple stack will take off half his life. I hate the delay but if you use him to spread the joy by giving all the enemy presents it works really well.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Should i get datcha, magmatrooper or nightsister initiate? I have the rest of the gw shipment toons 7*.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Should i get datcha, magmatrooper or nightsister initiate? I have the rest of the gw shipment toons 7*.

GG.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

cowofwar posted:

Wouldn't you be better off spend that currency on characters you already have so you can convert those shards in the shard shop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I have actually seen NSI in top 100 teams in my shard. She's really tanky, deals good damage, good lifesteal, too slow to really matter. Probably good in gw but you're obviously not having any trouble there.