Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
No worries.

The Thames picture has some bad attempt at water reflection of the giant 67 on the building but it looks more like a 2 than a 7 upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/740578383294140417

Ben dealing with the growing crisis well there. I'm not sure if this is a sign of how little he does, or if someone at CIG has told him to go play with his toys so people can get some work done.

... it's not going to be the latter, is it?

e: Most loving lazily posed action figure ever as well.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
So a bunch of CIG sockpuppet accounts just appeared on MMORPG, 13 of them in fact:

This was the first one

Who quickly got a welcome from 13 others...

And here are another 4 of those 13 brand new accounts:

All registered within 20 minutes. Same thing that happened on the Frontier forums. One of these accounts has *already* accused someone of being Derek Smart!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

All registered within 20 minutes. Same thing that happened on the Frontier forums. One of these accounts has *already* accused someone of being Derek Smart!
Because Derek is known for the subtle, un-noticable way he posts on forums.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/740578383294140417

Ben dealing with the growing crisis well there. I'm not sure if this is a sign of how little he does, or if someone at CIG has told him to go play with his toys so people can get some work done.

... it's not going to be the latter, is it?

e: Most loving lazily posed action figure ever as well.

Ben's growing crisis can only be solved with a superior belt, MoMA's on the case.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
That looks a bit like if I doodled on a bit of paper while yelling "hey everyone I'm Sandi Gardiner look at my signature blurrrhfff" :downs:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

Ben's growing crisis can only be solved with a superior belt, MoMA's on the case.

I hope he's got a few fathoms of rope and some skilled sailors to rig that up.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SomethingJones posted:

So a bunch of CIG sockpuppet accounts just appeared on MMORPG, 13 of them in fact:

This was the first one

I hope it's one dumb shillizen because if CIG is paying for this then they're being ripped off :laffo:

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

People in reddit moan and groan about CIG fixing the failed tutorial they have.

CIG responds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4n61ea/petition_for_response_from_cig/d4142cw

Crobbler Benz
Mar 22, 2016

by Lowtax
there's always more and it's always (in the) 'verse

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lladre posted:

It is not.

That is just the Manchester Hilton with some future graphics added.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dante80 posted:

CIG responds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4n61ea/petition_for_response_from_cig/d4142cw

Well the community has spoken and wants it disabled.

I will say though, if you thought the game was broken, the tutorial makes the rest of the game look like a well polished product.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ManofManyAliases posted:

What - why do I care to defend it? Because I see a lot of misinformation thrown around by both camps- misinformation based on speculation and lack of insight by all of us. Not one of us is close enough to the project to say definitively how something is or should be, and yet, we all act like we know.
:same:

Achamp posted:

MoMMA MoMMA Please. Tell us the story of the ToS again.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 8, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dante80 posted:

CIG responds.

How loving difficult can it be to turn the tutorial off? Although this is CIG, they probably can't do that without the code vomiting in eight different directions.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
"Hey people we're not gonna fix the tutorial, so instead you all now "want" it disabled. Will see if we can manage that or if we'll just break it more thoroughly so that it crashes before all the embarrassing bits"

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dante80 posted:

They actually sold it to the public.

Ryan Archers' sig is missing :smith:

The blatant IP theft is his signature.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

This is clearly fake. No professional would do that to their career. Just another weak drama attempt by the Salty "Something Awful" Asshats.

Even if it weren't faked, its fine because he just torpedoed his career and wrote a bunch of lies about good people. He just doesn't understand games development.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

quote:

banditloaf
Hey! I don't have any updates to share beyond that we've made it clear to the folks in the trenches that the community would like the tutorial disabled.

quote:

Viscereality
You the real mvp.

quote:

Tech_80Wing Commander
As always, you are amazing!!

Not a cult.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Dante80 posted:

CIG responds.

That's great Ben, just you keep on doing absolutely gently caress all

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SomethingJones posted:

This was the first one

oh man, are you telling me CIG has their own weaponized version of dare now?

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

oh man, are you telling me CIG has their own weaponized version of dare now?

Now witness the firepower of this fully operational shitposter.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

I wonder if they've tried telling "the people in the trenches" to disable the tutorial? The poor bastards must hear so much crap that shitizens want that Lesnick waddling in and saying "Some players want the tutorial disabled" then leaving would be met with eyerolls and "Thanks for sharing that, Ben. You go play with your loving toys while we try to work out why people's ankles are disappearing."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

I mean to be fair to him, it's the only thing he's good at.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

G0RF posted:

The blatant IP theft is his signature.
He's also known as IP Freely.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SomethingJones posted:

so now we are at the point where they are working hard to give us less content.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

SomethingJones posted:

"Hey guys, AAAHHHHHH, ERRRRRRRR we can ..can not Err ahh fix it. It would erm, hrmm take valueABLE TIME to ahhh sqaudron 42, ya whoah did ehp did eh woh did."

paarp

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
CIG are ground breaking in that they are the first Kickstarter campaign to have shrink goals

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

CIG are ground breaking in that they are the first Kickstarter campaign to have shrink goals

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tutorial isn't needed for the MVP.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Hey guys we listened to your feedback and as requested have removed all stretch goals, released the game as-is and called it final and emptied your bank accounts.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They literally can't fix their own tutorial. People are OK with this.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Ben Lesnick, Developer

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Can anyone find a contact for Hilton's legal department? I can only find stuff for their Management arm, which is for people who lease rooms I think.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

alphabettitouretti posted:

Hey guys we listened to your feedback

quote:

have removed all stretch goals,

quote:

released the game as-is and called it final

quote:

and emptied your bank accounts.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

I wonder if they've tried telling "the people in the trenches" to disable the tutorial? The poor bastards must hear so much crap that shitizens want that Lesnick waddling in and saying "Some players want the tutorial disabled" then leaving would be met with eyerolls and "Thanks for sharing that, Ben. You go play with your loving toys while we try to work out why people's ankles are disappearing."

The way that goes is probably

:btroll:"Hey can we disable the tutorial"
:colbert:"There is a tutorial?"
:btroll:"Yeah can we disable it, it doesn't work."
:colbert:"What? Who coded it?"
:btroll:"I think it was........I don't remember he left a couple years ago"
:colbert:"Give me some Squadron 42 people if you want significant changes to the engine to take place, I'm barely holding my head above water trying to bullshit and "Re-arrange plants" every patch."
:btroll:"Significant Change? Just turn it off!"
:colbert:"Turn it off? TURN IT OFF?! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU FAT SACK OF poo poo? It's a coded sequence in the game, I have to....no look I'm not even going to explain this to you because for four years people have been telling you and your lord and savior Zues "King of Cocaine" Roberts what ACTUALLY has to happen when developing the game. It has accomplished precisely nothing.
:btroll:"So does that mean you can turn it off?"

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

not emptyquoting

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I chose the wrong day to catch up on this thread over lunch in my Yaris.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

The way that goes is probably

:btroll:"Hey can we disable the tutorial"
:colbert:"There is a tutorial?"
:btroll:"Yeah can we disable it, it doesn't work."
:colbert:"What? Who coded it?"
:btroll:"I think it was........I don't remember he left a couple years ago"
:colbert:"Give me some Squadron 42 people if you want significant changes to the engine to take place, I'm barely holding my head above water trying to bullshit and "Re-arrange plants" every patch."
:btroll:"Significant Change? Just turn it off!"
:colbert:"Turn it off? TURN IT OFF?! DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU FAT SACK OF poo poo? It's a coded sequence in the game, I have to....no look I'm not even going to explain this to you because for four years people have been telling you and your lord and savior Zues "King of Cocaine" Roberts what ACTUALLY has to happen when developing the game. It has accomplished precisely nothing.
:btroll:"So does that mean you can turn it off?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vxEimC3HME

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I wouldn't mind if it was Money telling us he was annoyed that people were asking about star marine. He seems like a chill dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PapaDolvak/status/740618340830466048

• Locked thread