Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Injustice 2 sounds very bad but my wife will enjoy mashing through the story so i will buy it on sale.

In Training posted:

Nobody plays Ky

As a nobody i can confirm that i play ky

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
play haehyun because she's the best

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Xrd tiers in general are pretty drat flat until you get high level Japan play, and even then it's still pretty good. As a dude who came over from playing Smash, that's something that pleasantly surprised me because in Smash you 'feel' the tiers at way lower level play in my opinion. There's a few guys that are easier to get good at than other characters in Xrd, but you can pretty much pick whoever the hell you want and be competitive. Unless you pick Pot, in which case good luck, but even he's not complete garbage. I've been torn apart by good Pot players online.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
potemkin is actually pretty decent in revelator

the changes to blitz and dust help him a lot and his damage got more reliable

he's still not top tier or anything but he's middle of the pack

though johnny wrecks him and johnny is really good in revelator so you win some you lose some

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Where's my waifu Ramlethal in the tier list?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm glad NRS is letting everyone know how Smash 4 completionists felt when they kept getting nothing but equipment drops

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

she got nerfed super hard in revelator but she's not unplayable.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

drat it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Since just before the release of the first game, they've been doing an Injustice prequel comic that's still going on today and has about four months left before it completely wraps up. They killed off an excessive amount of characters, sometimes to take heavy hitters off the table, yet they had enough foresight to stay away from using/killing Supergirl, Grodd, Atrocitus and Captain Cold. I'm kind of impressed that they had the roster figured out so far ahead of time.

Sadly, they just killed off Alfred, the best and most badass character in the series. :smith:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Endorph posted:

she got nerfed super hard in revelator but she's not unplayable.

She did? What changed? Is she weak to some of the new mechanics or something? First I've heard of it.

I heard she got nerfed from 1.0 to 1.1 but that was before I started playing.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Saoshyant posted:

To give you a real answer, she's the same as she's been in Sign for the past year. Existing characters didn't get changed in Rev so unless overall system changes like the new Blitz change things, Ram is the same. Which means she's just fine.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

"Nerfed super hard" and "she's still the same" are pretty different statements, you guys. Welp, it's not like I play in tournaments anyway, :shrug:.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
for some reason i thought the 1.1 changes were due to revelator, then i realized im a moron lol

she is pretty low on all the rev tier lists ive seen though, but revelator is a pretty balanced game? the top tier characters are still the ones that are generally gonna take majors, but just about any character is competitive and can place high

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
also if you just want to keep people honest, just play Leo and UNGA people to death. he has a stance thing but that isn't really a gimmick meter like some GG characters have. peace.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Endorph posted:

also if you just want to keep people honest, just play Leo and UNGA people to death. he has a stance thing but that isn't really a gimmick meter like some GG characters have. peace.

Speaking of Leo, I don't have him unlocked yet (and the new version it out lol) so I can't play with him and I"m reading about some of his poo poo on dustloop and confused. Specifically about one of the properties of his 5H and f.S.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD/Leo_Whitefang

"High/Mid GP 1-46F
Upon GP activation, can cancel into 5H/6H/2H(1F earlier startup?)"

What the hell does that mean? I have no idea what GP stands for.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gavok posted:

Since just before the release of the first game, they've been doing an Injustice prequel comic that's still going on today and has about four months left before it completely wraps up. They killed off an excessive amount of characters, sometimes to take heavy hitters off the table, yet they had enough foresight to stay away from using/killing Supergirl, Grodd, Atrocitus and Captain Cold. I'm kind of impressed that they had the roster figured out so far ahead of time.

Sadly, they just killed off Alfred, the best and most badass character in the series. :smith:

I hope they lazarus pit Alfred and bring him back for Injustice 2 DLC

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I personally think that like 99% of the people who play a fighting game aren't going to be at the level of play where considering tier lists really matters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was 1.1 the patch where they changed it so you could punch Ram's swords and delete them?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

attackmole posted:

Speaking of Leo, I don't have him unlocked yet (and the new version it out lol) so I can't play with him and I"m reading about some of his poo poo on dustloop and confused. Specifically about one of the properties of his 5H and f.S.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD/Leo_Whitefang

"High/Mid GP 1-46F
Upon GP activation, can cancel into 5H/6H/2H(1F earlier startup?)"

What the hell does that mean? I have no idea what GP stands for.
Guard Point. What Anji was built around if you ever played earlier guilty gear games. Hakumen had a lot of them too if you played BlazBlue. Basically, it blocks attacks.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

In Training posted:

Also I personally think that like 99% of the people who play a fighting game aren't going to be at the level of play where considering tier lists really matters.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Endorph posted:

Guard Point. What Anji was built around if you ever played earlier guilty gear games. Hakumen had a lot of them too if you played BlazBlue. Basically, it blocks attacks.

Cool thanks!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Gavok posted:

Are you gonna make more write-ups for DC characters like in the old Injustice thread 'cause those were cool and informative

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I love how we're now living in a bizarro world where Western devs poo poo on PC and Japanese devs embrace it thoroughly

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its probably not on pc so all of the gambling goodies can be hosted client side lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

its probably not on pc so all of the gambling goodies can be hosted client side lol

Oh yeah. I actually bet this was a deciding factor in their complete abandonment of PC, since they couldn't sell the krypt unlock microtransaction when you could just google and download an unlocker in two seconds.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's cool how they're doubling down on how fugly the first Injustice was by strapping a bunch of retarded looking armor to everyone lmao.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
like i mean they would have to write the engine from the ground up to work on pc (which given nrs record is lol), require an internet connection 24/7, and then actually not mess it up and if any of those things went wrong, you now have a bunch of ppl with full equipment day 1 on pc for what i imagine is a progression/gambling system.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

anime was right posted:

like i mean they would have to write the engine from the ground up to work on pc (which given nrs record is lol)

just outsource it to high voltage, problem solved

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I love how we're now living in a bizarro world where Western devs poo poo on PC and Japanese devs embrace it thoroughly

tell arcsys this please

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Are you gonna make more write-ups for DC characters like in the old Injustice thread 'cause those were cool and informative

I'd be up for that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

attackmole posted:

tell arcsys this please

...i mean apparently they've already been told? we have pretty much every GG except the very first PS1 game and Revelator on Steam, and I assume Revelator's happening since Xrd and Sign came out, and we also have like every blazblue on PC (even if Calamity Trigger was Windows Store exclusive for a while)

e: and SNKP has been going ham on PC stuff and Capcom's been... er... the least embarrassing on PC I guess? the SF4 ports are really good at any rate

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Saoshyant posted:

Who was the worst character?

Potemkin. The last time they made the mistake of giving him buffs he immediately became top tier.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
If only Marvel could get into the fighting games business somehow. Hmm..

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dhamster posted:

Contest of Champions is making money hand over fist so gently caress your tag system Capcom.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

dhamster posted:

Disney would be even worse than modern-day Blizzard is about making their games "for everyone" by filing off all the cool, unintended edge cases and opportunities for skillful play.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

dhamster posted:

Rise of the Imperfects 2?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It's unsurprising that NRS is abandoning PC considering they don't seem capable of doing the port themselves and they also don't seem capable of finding and hiring competent companies to outsource the port to.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's for the best. This way PC players won't dookie up threads bitching about how bad their port is like they did for MKX launch.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

fadam posted:

It's cool how they're doubling down on how fugly the first Injustice was by strapping a bunch of retarded looking armor to everyone lmao.

The armour looked stupid before but the characters still resembled the characters, now they're all gonna look like nobodies from Rising Thunder so what's the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

It's for the best. This way PC players won't dookie up threads bitching about how bad their port is like they did for MKX launch.

yeah consumers complaining about getting ripped off is the worst