Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Yeah, Popcon is when we are at our worst. Nobody needs to see that.

It was also about settling a lot of old scores.

Also PMom I did make friends during Popcon, but I definitely lost some too, so I dunno, it was rough.

Stop being resistant and join the fray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

I have heard this tale and it's adorable so popcon can't be all bad :3:

It's become a tale? Wut?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I missed out on PopCon but The Trad Games were A++

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I will never ever play popcon bc i'm a big crybaby pussy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Booo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

It only hurts you if you let it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Yeah, Popcon is when we are at our worst. Nobody needs to see that.

It was also about settling a lot of old scores.

Also PMom I did make friends during Popcon, but I definitely lost some too, so I dunno, it was rough.

Imma show you, you can win by being super chill :frogc00l:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

It only hurts you if you let it.

I sent myself a PM so I don't have to read the "You don't have any private messages (Because nobody likes you)." message from having an empty inbox.

I can't ever click it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adahn1986 posted:

I sent myself a PM so I don't have to read the "You don't have any private messages (Because nobody likes you)." message from having an empty inbox.

I can't ever click it.

This is the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kash if you need help lemme know, I helped Winv do the original one. I gave the two rules I'd change earlier if you're interested in that, but obviously it's your game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I wanna do the popcon

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The secret to avoiding hurt feelings in these games is to run them and never play them

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I would play popcorn and I would get butt hurt about it and then let it go. Like I did with survivor.

But Yuming is still a TRAITOR.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Kash if you need help lemme know, I helped Winv do the original one. I gave the two rules I'd change earlier if you're interested in that, but obviously it's your game.

I like your rule changes. I generally don't do comods as I usually find it adds more hassle than it's worth but if I change my mind you're on the list!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Don't overinvest

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The secret to avoiding hurt feelings in these games is to run them and never play them

:wink:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Realistically I said this weekend but I don't have much going on tonight so it may open up in a couple hours idk

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Quidnose posted:

I would play popcorn and I would get butt hurt about it and then let it go. Like I did with survivor.

But Yuming is still a TRAITOR.

I still feel kinda bad about going on like a mega vendetta against you in survivor, although with the information I had at the time it made sense~

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My old manager said he'd gladly have me back. Assuming the client's project manager is also on board, it looks like I dodged a bullet. Hooray.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

My old manager said he'd gladly have me back. Assuming the client's project manager is also on board, it looks like I dodged a bullet. Hooray.

Wooooo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It's going to be A Weird Conversation tomorrow and I will need to use my Professional Talk Around The Problem skills but I think I can get it to work.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Honestly the worst case scenario here is that the company finds out and fires me on the spot and I am decidedly vOv about that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

It's going to be A Weird Conversation tomorrow and I will need to use my Professional Talk Around The Problem skills but I think I can get it to work.

Burn every bridge.

Literally.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

This is the saddest thing I've ever heard.

It's the third saddest thing I've heard today.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Pre sign me for pop con kashuno

TammyHEH fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 8, 2016

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Asiina posted:

Burn every bridge.

Literally.

I get along pretty well with a lot of different types of people so I don't really feel the need to burn bridges often. I've only REALLY burned once, and they really, really had it coming.

I worked for a company that did medical products, and it was a bad working environment. You were to go in, go to your office, and work all day. Lunch was generally taken at the desk. Nobody spoke to each other and the managers were mean and the owner was kinda racist. I was looking to leave, and eventually found a new place. I gave my two weeks notice, and they let me go on the spot. So I applied for unemployment. When they challenged it, I went in, fought back, won the unemployment money, and immediately reported them for the dozens of copies of pirated engineering software they had (each one goes for 3-5 a pop).

To this day my biggest regret is not hiring a barbershop quartet to sing my resignation as I skateboarded out, dressed as Abraham Lincoln.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tommunist posted:

Pre sign me for pop corn kashuno

me too

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

CCKeane posted:

I get along pretty well with a lot of different types of people so I don't really feel the need to burn bridges often. I've only REALLY burned once, and they really, really had it coming.

I worked for a company that did medical products, and it was a bad working environment. You were to go in, go to your office, and work all day. Lunch was generally taken at the desk. Nobody spoke to each other and the managers were mean and the owner was kinda racist. I was looking to leave, and eventually found a new place. I gave my two weeks notice, and they let me go on the spot. So I applied for unemployment. When they challenged it, I went in, fought back, won the unemployment money, and immediately reported them for the dozens of copies of pirated engineering software they had (each one goes for 3-5 a pop).

To this day my biggest regret is not hiring a barbershop quartet to sing my resignation as I skateboarded out, dressed as Abraham Lincoln.

You were doing the lord's work :catholic:

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Adahn1986 posted:

I can't ever click it.

Why don't you just not delete the role PMs?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I ran a secret Popcon and this is the best person in our community.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Now I know how I want to quit any job moving forward.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

neato

also, presigning for popcon

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I wanna play Popcon. I'm not popular, but I feel like I could be.

*look at me everybody, acknowledge me*

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

:glomp:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I wanna play Popcon. I'm not popular, but I feel like I could be.

*look at me everybody, acknowledge me*

Acknowledged.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Disagree.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I mostly just miss playing Survivor.

RIP Little Mac
1985-2013
He got a rock

Also Poque's best avatar was the Dean.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

Why don't you just not delete the role PMs?

I don't delete them, that's the thing that sits there if you have no unread private messages. So I sent myself a private message to never read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
quote this post and i'll tell you what fantasy race you are