Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Getting a 4 clear with the straight block

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Killing a contract monster in witcher 3 and seeing the knife cutscene.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
wall jumping in super metroid, or any game really

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- Adam Jensen eviscerating a prostitute with his arm blades

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

ol yeller posted:

wall jumping in super metroid, or any game really

especially super metroid though, because of the way you have to maneuver the d pad

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
perfectly wall jumping up the side of the long vertical space pirate room at the beginning of super metroid

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

perfectly wall jumping up the side of the long vertical space pirate room at the beginning of super metroid

Lordt

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

mmmm

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i woot like crazy evry time i nail the wall jump to get power bombs on your first trip through brinstar. best fuckin feeling in video games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the infinite morphball jump

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
tossing a decoy in the middle of a group of guards and deploying it in mgsv

reflex airblasting a soldier rocket in tf2

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

perfect parry on all of monsoons attacks

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

rediscover posted:

walljumping that long vertical room >>>> using the freeze gun to shoot the little guys and use them

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

When you loop back to an early area in a metroidvania and crush all the enemies who gave you grief at the start.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Aston posted:

When you loop back to an early area in a metroidvania and crush all the enemies who gave you grief at the start.

When you get a double jump power. i duno why but double jump is always the most epic power to get in every game its in. maybe its just me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

When you get a double jump power. i duno why but double jump is always the most epic power to get in every game its in. maybe its just me

I agree. Maybe it's cause of the huge jump in control you gain over your character, you can maneuver in much more complex ways with double jump

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

double jump is the best

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

I agree. Maybe it's cause of the huge jump in control you gain over your character, you can maneuver in much more complex ways with double jump

it also enables more intricate platforming if the devs are creative. ori & the blind forest completely stops loving around once you get the double jump

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah. I like it when games give you a choice of upgrades to buy and one of them is double jump and you feel like a genius

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

This. I'm specifically thinking of Metroid Prime in this case (though the plasma beam is actually the most epic power up in that game)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
On that note, firing the plasma beam in Metroid Prime

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mycophobia posted:

This. I'm specifically thinking of Metroid Prime in this case (though the plasma beam is actually the most epic power up in that game)

i just realized reading this post since they didnt think the screw attack would fit in metroid prime 1 they just made the final beam upgrade completely bananas for that endgame power feel

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the boost ball in the prime games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

My favorite version of the double jump is falling off a platform and then jumping in mid air

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

the boost ball in the prime games
The Morph Ball in general just feels really good to control in 3-D.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Killing someone in Splatoon with the Kraken.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Killing someone in Splatoon with the Kraken.

- Stopping the kraken

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

- Stopping the kraken
Hell yeah. Especially with Killer Wail.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
  • Earthbound - SMaaaaaSH
  • MGSV - running bionic man punch
  • TF2 - headshot/backstab on a charged medic
  • Mega Max X - the fully upgraded X Buster
  • Guacamelee - just all the sick combos/dodging

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

:dukedoge:

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 9, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was concerned that kills and such in splatoon would feel wimpy but all you need is some good particle effects and a satisfying splat sound

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

- when i loving forget the fact that my life is loving poo poo and im a loving 28 year old virgin with a dead end life for an hour because of a video game.

same but 39

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

My favorite version of the double jump is falling off a platform and then jumping in mid air

Rolling off platforms in Donket Kong Country to do this

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

-Meteor smashing with DK's forward air attack
-Launching bitches with reel in kicks in Just Cause
-Chaining Soul Voices in Xenoblade
-"Let's-a-go" "Okey dokey" when you start a fight in the original Mario & Luigi

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipz7PHClmRY

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
doing the anti-grav jump in symphony of the night to knock the last collectible out of the librarian's butt

edit: also killing the shortblade zombies who explode into a cloud of blood, or the sound regenerating skeletons make when they crumble

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- getting the full corner carry air combo with Millia and nailing the qcfHS to start the next mix up

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

-smashing through a wall to hit a guy on the other side with the sledgehammer in red faction guerilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
dig dug