Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

The only thing Armin is eating right now is poo poo

eat me, baal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Bertolt and Reiner prevented Marco from escaping and left him to be devoured by a titan.

Since a titan Armin/Erwin needs to eat a shifter to become conscious again...

Ah yeah, didn't think about that. I have trouble imagining that happening, since it would pretty much necessitate the other characters letting Reiner/Bertholdt be eaten.

Or maybe he could eat Eren, leading to Mikasa becoming the next villain.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Baal posted:

:thurman:

Seriously though, this chapter gets me excited again after the letdown of monkey trouble.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
As disappointing as monkey trouble surviving was, having seen the latest chapter, I'm glad that it happened, because monkey trouble is in a seriously awkward situation.

Only moments ago he thought he was about to win a conclusive battle against the Survey Corp (and against humanity within the walls as a whole) and recover Eren's power.

Now, he's lost Berthold and Reiner, Eren is outside of his grasp, and he has just been painfully taught that, if he makes a mistake, humans can and will kill him.

What does he do?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read?volume_id=273&chapter_num=82.00

Official version if anyone's waiting on it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That was a cool way to bring it back around for Eren vis-a-vis the colossal titan

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The 3 shifters are down, but have they won yet? Armin mentioned last chapter that Eren was only able to fully harden twice before he became exhausted, so he's likely out on titan cooldown. Zeke is in tatters but he can still control the small titan army outside. That would be more than enough to clean up the battle. Unless Eren steals control of them

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I know that those rush scans usually look bad but holy moly that looks like garbage compared to the CR version

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I hope Sasha is ok!!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
:megadeath: "Got you." :megadeath:

Oh Jesus, that's cold.

Reminds me of that one episode of Fate/Zero releasing on Mother's Day.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 9, 2016

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

well goddamn that was good

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
This comic is so good. I can't wait to see the anime version of this chapter in 2040!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Beefstew posted:

This comic is so good. I can't wait to see the anime version of this chapter in 2040!

I'm going to be dead.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Baal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAUY1J8KizU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I just can't see Armin being dead quite yet even though that was quite a way to go.

I really love how Eren is the one to get that last blow too, after all this time I half-expected him to sort of be a running joke as a soldier. I guess it is a sign that he is maturing.

Then again, if Armin is dead, that means we're in the "Hive" portion of the inspiration. Oh shiiii-

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nahxela posted:

I hope Sasha is ok!!

Looks fine, at most she lost an eye.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mmm-mmm, armin jerky

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, Reiner and Bertholdt aren't dead yet, but I don't wager they have any chance on surviving considering their state. And why isn't Eren more upset that his friend just became a baked potato?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He just got done catching the guy who destroyed his village, give him a minute to let all of this register it's been a long day.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jun 9, 2016

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Mordaedil posted:

Oh, Reiner and Bertholdt aren't dead yet, but I don't wager they have any chance on surviving considering their state. And why isn't Eren more upset that his friend just became a baked potato?

he knows there'll be time to cry after they finally execute those two dumb motherfuckers

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

wwow Eren is so grown up and cool.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I expect blue balls on the murder front.

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

AradoBalanga posted:

Congratulations, Eren. You finally beat a Titan without using your own Titan form.

He did that a while ago.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Vol-010-Ch-041--Historia?id=153890

forhorglingrads fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jun 9, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Seems sorta abrupt, doesn't it? Eren just sorta looks over the charred remains of his best friend forever and just sorta goes "Well you were the bravest of us all i guess"

I dunno it just feels like his story isn't really over yet.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Terper posted:

I dunno it just feels like his story isn't really over yet.

I feel like that would apply to most abruptly dead people.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I got to say, this manga has the most irregular pace. People were all complaining (me included) about the fight being kinda stalled barely anything happening is several issues.

Then, bang: its all over in 2 chapters

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I had a bit of a hard time following the action at the end and thought it could've used a few more panels. Seems like a rather risky gamble on Armin's part being that there was no way to know that Eren could do everything he did at the end. But I suppose there weren't that many options.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

well gently caress, the Survey Corp is basically wiped out and the people who are actually good at strategic thinking are loving dead. That basement better be worth it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

I had a bit of a hard time following the action at the end and thought it could've used a few more panels. Seems like a rather risky gamble on Armin's part being that there was no way to know that Eren could do everything he did at the end. But I suppose there weren't that many options.

Didn't they set up Jean as being getting better at that? Or did I miss him dying?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

iamsosmrt posted:

They have experimented a lot with what Eren is capable of so why would you think that? Like, it was still risky but not because Eren wasn't up to it.

ImpAtom posted:

Didn't they set up Jean as being getting better at that? Or did I miss him dying?

You missed Armin saying he has an idea and Jean saying something akin to "goddammit finally."

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 9, 2016

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Soooooo, basement next comic?

RIP ARMIN, YOU WERE TOO GOOD FOR THE OCEAN

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

drat, that's a hell of a way to go.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
drat, Mikasa knows how to deliver action one-liners, first, it's, "Fall, Annie" and now, "Get Out, Reiner"

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

re: new chapter

armin going extra crispy has exactly zero gravity to it because levi has the get out of jail free serum.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

It's been so long, I literally forgot about that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

re: new chapter

armin going extra crispy has exactly zero gravity to it because levi has the get out of jail free serum.

except that requires one of either Bert, Ernie, Annie, or Ymir to die, and then Erwin bites it for good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm not sure why people are assuming Armin is alive enough for the serum to work considering he looks really really dead.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Her knocking him the gently caress out of there was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
So we're like a couple chapters from the end right? Isn't this the last volume still?