Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the delay, I was really tired last night.

Li Dawny, George Washington, town bodyguard was killed N2.

quote:

"Can I be real a second?
For just a millisecond?
Let down my guard and tell the people how I feel a second?
Now I’m the model of a modern major general
The venerated Virginian veteran whose men are all
Lining up, to put me up on a pedestal
Writin’ letters to relatives
Embellishin’ my elegance and eloquence
But the elephant is in the room
The truth is in ya face when ya hear the British cannons go BOOM!
"

You are George Washington. Authoritative, regal, aloof, aware of his place in history at all times. John Legend meets Mufasa.

You are a bodyguard. Each night you may target a player. If they are targeted for a kill, you will die instead..

You are town. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

It is now D3.

The Day 3 Event will be taking place in exactly 12 hours, at 8PM Eastern. It's gonna be kinda like a Survivor Challenge in that it's for people who are around. It's all forum based, but it's a timed event! You will not need to do anything before or anything after it. It'll take probably about 30-45 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
rip

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Well that was a giant waste of time I guess.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Seriously scum team, dick move!

I will find you and kill you.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

BOOOOO

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Asiina posted:

You are a bodyguard. Each night you may target a player. If they are targeted for a kill, you will die instead.. 

I wonder if Dawny was the intended target.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I recant my opinion on SSV

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote jimson sharp drop off in content

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

##vote jimson sharp drop off in content

I could see that. Also everything from D1 that I didn't like about Jimson. While contributing nothing of substance on D2.
##vote jimson

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Today is a busy day, but I'm going to lay down some facts when I get home tonight.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ar whod you watch

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I tried to watch myself, but either that's not allowed, or something happened to stop me.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

why the gently caress would you watch yourself

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

dongsbot 9000 posted:

why the gently caress would you watch yourself

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Because I'm the only claimed town power role and I thought I might catch an attack while someone defended me.

It's possible that's exactly what happened and I was roleblocked as well I guess.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Absurd Revolver posted:

I tried to watch myself, but either that's not allowed, or something happened to stop me.

angels can't watch over themselves ;) haha jk you ain't no angel saying so would send me to hell

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

drat remember when this was supposed to be the jimsonian redemption game

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its like we lost to argentina all over again

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Actually it's probably not jimson because somebody bothered to make a nightkill

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Actually it's probably not jimson because somebody bothered to make a nightkill

That's actually a good point

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

That's actually a good point

I'm pretty sure jimson has straight up forgotten about this game ##unvote

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I did a read of the entire game from d1 to now. I know who scum is.

This may be just the Jimson redemption game but the person I am going to vote for is scum

##vote Meinberg

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Jimson posted:

This may be just the Jimson redemption game but the person I am going to vote for is scum

##vote Meinberg

I want to see your casework, but I could get on a meinberg lynch.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I wouldn't go for a mb one myself

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Actually, the only 2 people I'll vote for are dong and jimson, sorry folks

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Not actually sorry though, because I've narrowed the scum down to one of those 2 so let's get crackin

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote jimson

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Jimson posted:

##vote Meinberg

Incorrect. I have a little time now to reveal the truth, and so I shall.

I am a town tracker! N1 I tracked AR who visited Nth Doctor, as he said. I had my doubts about him, but I felt more comfortable after seeing that result and seeing it line up with his claim.

Last night I visited SSV, as I believed him to be the most likely scum. He visited no one, so I feel confident that he is not the scum now.

All of this can be verified by my mason partner who may, if he so chooses, reveal himself now.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Meinberg posted:

I am a town tracker! N1 I tracked AR who visited Nth Doctor, as he said. I had my doubts about him, but I felt more comfortable after seeing that result and seeing it line up with his claim.

Last night I visited SSV, as I believed him to be the most likely scum. He visited no one, so I feel confident that he is not the scum now.

All of this can be verified by my mason partner who may, if he so chooses, reveal himself now.

Well then, that tells us a lot. Once you're confirmed we can get some serious scum hunting done.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ok yeah I'm mein's mason, which should be obvious

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm actually daveed diggs in real life so I should be just fine to do that without practice.

breadcrumb

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

ok yeah I'm mein's mason, which should be obvious

Go team Daveed!

##vote Jimson

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Meinberg posted:

Liar. I'm tracker.
LET'S DO SOME BREADCRUMBING

Nth Doctor posted:

Like, mechanically?
I used Audacity and loaded in a wav that I ripped of the karaoke youtube vid that Asiina posted. I used this site to rip the wav.

You can open the wav in Audacity, and start recording. It will add the new recording as its own track while simultaneously playing your existing tracks.

The tricky bit for me was properly selecting segments so I didn't need to listen to the whole song just to record a single line that I had flubbed on a previous take.

Look, I posted some my tracks from Audacity. Why would I do that?

Nth Doctor posted:

Pretty much this. I really enjoy the show and it's basically the only thing that gets my screaming 8 month old to calm down in the car.

I want to get more involvement in the gimmick today because after futzing with Audacity for an hour last night I had the notion to mix all of our tracks into one song so we could really do Musical Mafia.
In terms of the game, yeah, it is a lot of white noise, but it's fun and creative white noise. I'll try to post more Mafia-y in addition to being a Broadway nerd.

Nth Doctor posted:

Does anyone else have trouble seeing the tindeck image and thus not really know when a track has been posted?

Nth Doctor posted:

I was up all night, and I made a thing.

http://tindeck.com/listen/kzmxj

Player who is up all night, working on tracks, trying to find where each person goes.

gently caress you you loving Scum, Meinberg.

I tracked SSV on N1 and he went nowhere.

I was worried we handed a win to Dawny, so I tracked her last night. She went nowhere. She was the intended target.

##vote Meinberg

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

did you know it's possible to have up to four trackers in one game?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

did you know it's possible to have up to four trackers in one game?

Sometimes I get excited, shoot off at the mouth.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Also, Keane, I'm keeping my eyes on you too.

Me, breadcrumbing. There are other instances of me doing similar stuff, but lol at looking that stuff up on my phone.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Considering that one if the scum is a ninja, multi trackers makes sense.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah but I should probably take a lesson from jefferson here

If there's a fire you're trying to douse you can't put it out from inside the house

I'll take a look at meinberg then

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The cool thing though is that even if meinberg was fakeclaiming that would still clear sam and AR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The cool thing though is that even if meinberg was fakeclaiming that would still clear sam and AR

like obviously because there's probably only one scum left but it makes the logic cleaner

• Locked thread