Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Brother Entropy posted:

IM3 is probably the one marvel studios movie where the plot genuinely surprised me and i didn't come out of it feeling like i already knew everything that was gonna happen before i watched it

it rules

Which is funny because it's like the one MCU movie that you can skip entirely and not really lose anything as far as understanding that whole tangled web (I liked it too)

Also I'm really enjoying Monster in my Podcast so far, so thanks Duckfeed crew. Maybe you will finally get me to play the old 2E Infinity Engine games I've been sitting on for years.

E: Coincidentally enough, I think the last thing of note I did in my short-lived Baldur's Gate II playthrough was the Cult of the Unseeing Eye quest, which is Beholder-centric.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I love the bookclub aspect of WOFF and it motivates me to finish certain games before I let myself listen to the episodes. It got me to finally finish Earthbound and I won't crack into the New Vegas episode until I finally play through it. So in about 3 months at my current pace.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Between Dark Souls 3 starting, Fallout New Vegas and Beholderfest it's been a good couple of weeks for Duckfeed.tv podcasts.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I could do without replaying all of New Vegas, but here we are, I guess.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
So glad this video is still up since being referenced in the Fallout 1 WOFF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAx_2Fo1qyQ

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Very Important Man Denis Dyack is picking a fight with Bob MackayMcKee from Retronauts because... okay I don't know why but it's probably very scandalous:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04nEfvcmC8o

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Do you actually not """know""" why?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It's stupid. You don't want to.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Phone posted:

Do you actually not """know""" why?

I know what triggered Dyack to post the dumb video but I don't know the precise trigger that irrevocably broke his brain.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Why would anyone willingly pay any attention to Dennis Dumbass?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He's a somewhat prominent developer who will speak at length about *unethical games journalism* with little provocation, there's an audience for his delusion.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Pretend I said "Why would anyone sound of mind willingly listen", because that's what I was thinking.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
He has issues with "unethical" games journalist but has no problem illegally using a game engine.

Eternal Darkness is tight though.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

loving Dennis Dyack, honestly.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

END ME SCOOB posted:

It's stupid. You don't want to.

Try me

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Please just give us a small summary then we can be on our way.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 9, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some nobody whined to Dyack about Bob not liking Eternal Darkness on some old podcast from years ago and now Dyack keeps tweeting passive-aggressive poo poo at him and/or other people and trying to goad him into a "debate" and it's all so so dumb.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Owned by Dennis Dyack

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Dennis Dyack more like Pennis Psyduck.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

e: what the gently caress phone how is that screenshot so huge?

sub supau fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jun 9, 2016

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

TetsuoTW posted:

e: what the gently caress phone how is that screenshot so huge?

Don't talk to me or my writer again.

Also gently caress you gary for making that meme stick to my head.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Quick question on the New Vegas WOFF:
I keep hearing people say Obsidion nearly went under after getting screwed over NV by Bethesda. Is that the 89.5% metacritic bonus thing G&K talked about, or something else?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
The bonus did not help, but if I recall, they had been hired to create a title for Microsoft that folded, and I think this was when they pitched? an Aliens game that Sega shot down, instead getting burned themselves on Colonial Marines. Either way, it was a lot of money down the drain for nothing, and prior to going to Kickstarter for Pillars of Eternity, that combined with the endless delays of Stick of Truth through THQ's collapse left their finances on a razor's edge and teams were laid off.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aliens Crucible was picked up and announced by Sega; Obsidian was working on it for years but I don't know that it ever hit full production, and it was cancelled on the same day Sega announced a new AvP game. They did leak some footage from a vertical slice but the people who worked on it have different opinions on how close it was to actually shipping.

There was another game they were doing that I never really looked into, a Snow White RPG for Disney or something.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Very Important Man Denis Dyack is picking a fight with Bob MackayMcKee from Retronauts because... okay I don't know why but it's probably very scandalous:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04nEfvcmC8o

Denis Dyack is one meltdown away from having his own personal SA subforum

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

"Dear Bob McGee,"

I don't know how Dennis Dyack has the energy to be a lunatic consistently for so many years.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

This Dennis Dyack stuff is hilarious but honestly, he's a known bonkersboix. The real frustrating part, to me, is the guy who felt it was his duty to let a game creator know that a critic made fun of him. That's a fundamental misunderstanding of how the field of criticism and commentary works.

And I loving love Eternal Darkness.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The best part of the twitter back-and-forth was the dude (not sure if it was the original tweeter or just someone white-knighting for him) acting like he wasn't stirring poo poo because the review was openly available online, and Dyack could have found it of his own accord at any time. Also, it is very difficult to figure out whether poo poo like the guy tweeting about Bob loving with "the hand that feeds him #gamergate" are writing that poo poo ironically or if they are legit garbage human beings.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
when in doubt, assume everyone is a garbage human being imo

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Samopsa posted:

when in doubt, assume everyone is a garbage human being imo

Um, you don't seem to understand, this is about ethics in offhand jokes made on gaming podcasts.

(note: Gary + Kole, you're hosed if anyone dev finds out that Abject Suffering exists. You're gonna be eating crow for making fun of Barbie's Horse Adventure Pals for years)

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Oh don't worry, I have a form letter that I fill out and forward to every dev and publisher who touches a game that ends up on Abject Suffering.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It is going to be so surreal for Crick.

Dr. Spitesworth
Dec 31, 2007
Yoink.

Woffle posted:

The real frustrating part, to me, is the guy who felt it was his duty to let a game creator know that a critic made fun of him. That's a fundamental misunderstanding of how the field of criticism and commentary works.

Dude is a Retronauts fan, supposedly. I guess he was just trying to keep us ethical and honest by broadcasting criticism to a known felon with a penchant for inciting hate mobs to go after anyone who violates his impossibly thin skin!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you're not ok with crazy people finding out you made fun of them, don't make fun of crazy people. :shrug:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dyack isn't crazy, he's just an rear end in a top hat.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I totally forgot how demented the famous piss baby Denis Dyack was in the past.

http://www.1up.com/news/dyack-1up-forums-reform

Who else remembers the embarrassing "Owned by Denis Dyack" challenge for people who were "for" or "against" the train wreck that was Too Human.

http://www.1up.com/news/dyack-gaf-stand-counted

Total barf garbage person.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

To help clear the air of the stink of another Dyack meltdown, I give you Not Two Jeff Goldblums:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyEcjLFZ0Q8

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

TetsuoTW posted:

Dyack isn't crazy, he's just an rear end in a top hat.

Kotaku, the people who set him on his nard-raging crusade against hack journalism, was founded two years after he last made a decent game

I wonder why a guy like that would be hopping onto a current events bandwagon and desperately hunting attention hrrMMMM

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
How much do we have to contribute to the Video Games Hot Dog Patreon to get a regular full-length Philosophy Hot Dog spin-off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
There's a lot of weird podcast drama going around twitter if my cursory browsing of Bob & Gary's tweets are anything to go by. 3-star reviews!