Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pomp posted:

yeah consumers complaining about getting ripped off is the worst

Yeah it was really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Agreed

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

fadam posted:

It's for the best. This way PC players won't dookie up threads bitching about how bad their port is like they did for MKX launch.

I agree, if you purchase an unacceptably bad product you should just quietly accept it and rue your foolishness by yourself when you're alone in your room

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

AnonSpore posted:

I agree, if you purchase an unacceptably bad product you should just quietly accept it and rue your foolishness by yourself when you're alone in your room

Yeah pretty much, don't buy fighting games on pc.

I look forward to injustice 2 and look forward to playing Grodd as he is a silly ape :)

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Seriously what the gently caress.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Raven “Carbon” Gray: Hi, my name is Raven Grey,

lol this made me chuckle.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mike Z's off the hook, clearly:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

women who go to cons and events are tougher than i ever will be tbh

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah pretty much, don't buy fighting games

fyp tia

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Yeah that or tell people who actually care, not a thread filled with smart people who bought the good version of the game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pomp posted:

women who go to cons and events are tougher than i ever will be tbh

for sure. harassers should get lifetime bans

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hey now sexual harassment is not okay but let's not lump these people with monsters like Henaki.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What a monster. I hear he leaked details about MVC3

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

Yeah that or tell people who actually care, not a thread filled with smart people who bought the good version of the game.

i don't think you get to call people dumb when you like nrs games

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

That's real lovely for the girl, but kudos to Rick for putting his foot down and actively helping people over this. :unsmith:

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Skullgirls has consistently been the worst and creepiest FG community since its inception, which is really impressive considering its competition.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Goddamn it. Of course it was Noel Brown.

Forget banning him form the Capcom Pro Tour, I wish him and Marn could be banished to the Phantom Zone for eternity

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shiki Dan posted:

Skullgirls has consistently been the worst and creepiest FG community since its inception, which is really impressive considering its competition.

Look, I like to point fingers and laugh at the weirds as much as any other goon, but I don't see how the SG community is especially bad compared to the others. Hell, the biggest cases of scumbaggery I know came out of the Capcom and Tekken FGC.

Yeah, that sucks. Of course there's people justifying the bullshit on the comments sections too. :sigh:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Shiki Dan posted:

Did you even read the article? She specifically said that the harassment came from other FG communities. SGC was the most helpful to her. Though she later stated that she doesn't believe that other FGC are worse than Skullgirls as she assumes that "there are bad apples to be found in any batch" so to speak.

Dias posted:

Yeah, that sucks. Of course there's people justifying the bullshit on the comments sections too. :sigh:
Facebook is a riot.

"She's dressing sexy, what does she expect?"

"She clearly isn't responsible, I mean she said she roomed with complete strangers. Clearly not someone that is level headed."

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 9, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

rip chinatown fair

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Gammatron 64 posted:

Forget banning him form the Capcom Pro Tour, I wish him and Marn could be banished to the Phantom Zone for eternity

The case in the article wasn't Noel Brown. That was the on stream thing, right? This wasn't on stream I think.

Shiki Dan posted:

Ah yes, if only the Skullgirls players could be as gracious as Street Fighter Players, we could all stand to learn from the likes of players like Noel Brown, Marn and Fchamp.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Has FChamp ever actually done anything morally reprehensible? I know he's a loudmouth and a hothead, but as far as I know he's never committed animal cruelty, battery, or armed assault.

(really you should all be referencing Dark Prince when it comes to the moral pits of the FGC)

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Gammatron 64 posted:

seconded. as the moral center of my own universe, I want to ban everyone from doing things they want to do when they do things I don't like

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

inthesto posted:

Has FChamp ever actually done anything morally reprehensible? I know he's a loudmouth and a hothead, but as far as I know he's never committed animal cruelty, battery, or armed assault.

(really you should all be referencing Dark Prince when it comes to the moral pits of the FGC)

actually he

battery :

Law
the crime or tort of unconsented physical contact with another person, even where the contact is not violent but merely menacing or offensive.

versus kbr

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The worst champ has done is play to the heel role others attached to him.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

inthesto posted:

Well, I dunno about you, but the repeatedly calling people faggots and etc without shame specifically to rile stuff up, even if it's just an act, is still crossing the line for me. There's no one concrete terrible thing that's bad (aside form going too far in the exhibition against KBR at Winter Brawl), just the overall attitude/personality thing that takes the heel image too far.

You're right about Dark Prince, I was just trying to bring up the recent cases though, and I dunno if Dark Prince has done anything lately.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Baal posted:

The worst champ has done is play to the heel role others attached to him.

I think he also ripped off and/or didn't pay people who helped him with FGTV related poo poo, actually.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Pomp posted:

i don't think you get to call people dumb when you like nrs games

:drat:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

inthesto posted:

The guy in the OP seems pretty bad.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think he also ripped off and/or didn't pay people who helped him with FGTV related poo poo, actually.

dacid said he never got paid for streaming on fgtv

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Zand posted:

seconded. as the moral center of my own universe, I want to ban everyone from doing things they want to do when they do things I don't like

Dude, Noel Brown beat up his ex-girlfriend, beat up a guy in a leg brace and just grabbed some girl's rear end on stream. I hate self-righteous moral crusaders just as much as anyone else but there's really no defending Noel Brown.

I wasn't saying he should be banned from playing fighting games, I said he should be literally thrown into the Phantom Zone with General Zod and crew

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im someone else, and i think the fgc could use a few more self-righteous moral crusaders in the sense that there are a ton of shitheels in the community and i dont think people need to tolerate that just because speaking out about them makes them look like a buzzkill

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wasn't saying he should be banned from playing fighting games, I said he should be literally thrown into the Phantom Zone with General Zod and crew

I think Combo Breaker took the right approach. What he did was wrong and he should get punished for it and he does present a danger for other attendees, so a Ban is justified. But leave it at only a year, because anyone can still grow after these incidents and a Banning Forever won't incentivize that.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Usually the phrase "self-righteous moral crusaders" refers to the sort of crusading more extreme than "don't hit/choke people" and "don't harass or grope women". It's a video game hobby gathering, you'd think a place where you'd be comfortable with your significant other tagging along to cheer you on like a bball game or a speech at a conference, but you read these stories and get the impression that a woman can barely walk around the place alone without people following her. I imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle, but these are basic societal interactions we're talking about. Collectively these weirdos should be shunned and made examples of, not swept under the rug til next time.

e: yeah, ideal outcome would be Noel actually realizing he can grow into a better person. maybe this could start that process.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Electromax posted:

Usually the phrase "self-righteous moral crusaders" refers to the sort of crusading more extreme than "don't hit/choke people" and "don't harass or grope women". It's a video game hobby gathering, you'd think a place where you'd be comfortable with your significant other tagging along to cheer you on like a bball game or a speech at a conference, but you read these stories and get the impression that a woman can barely walk around the place alone without people following her. I imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle, but these are basic societal interactions we're talking about. Collectively these weirdos should be shunned and made examples of, not swept under the rug til next time.

e: yeah, ideal outcome would be Noel actually realizing he can grow into a better person. maybe this could start that process.

Yeah.

Basically the idea behind laws aren't really supposed to punish people, but to protect people. Granted, we all know it often doesn't work out that way and that's not how everyone sees it either, but that's how I see it. Noel Brown is a violent guy and people just tolerate it.

There was that whole thing with Aris on Cross Assault which was really inappropriate. I think that one sorta has a happy ending though because if I'm not mistaken, Aris did actually learn that his behavior wasn't acceptable and is a better person today.

By and large, women don't play fighting games. One thing that's great about the FGC is that it's way more ethnically diverse than other gamining communities, but at the same time, it's also a total sausage fest. And I don't think it's mainly because characters like R. Mika have boobs and butts. I think it's because of guys like Noel who like to grab boobs and butts.

"Gender politics" is like the stupidest, most toxic discussion on the Internet, but there really is some truth in the middle somewhere. And when you have a thing that is like 99% men, especially nerds who don't see women a lot and don't know how to behave, bad poo poo is going to happen and it's going to be more prevalent. And unless you want this community to stay a sausage fest forever, you gotta crack down on lovely behavior like Noel grabbing rear end.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
that doesn't strike me as an either/or kind of proposition

Electromax
May 6, 2007
It was kind of sad/funny to read about all this then click a link to some of the discussion and see the banner they're using on reddit for the fighting game forum is just a bunch of oiled asses lined up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/

...I see.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

that doesn't strike me as an either/or kind of proposition

Pretty much. I feel to see how the topic of making a safe environment for women so they aren't harassed "falls somewhere in the middle".

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I think Zand was referring to Marn rather than Noel, though Marn has also been involved in some scummy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

It's for the best. This way PC players won't dookie up threads bitching about how bad their port is like they did for MKX launch.

idk the only bug I had with MKX PC was that I earned way more gold than I was supposed to be getting.

Then NRS decided not to release DLC for PC so welp