Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

11:11 make a wish

I saw there were buzzfeeds someone sign me up for all of them retroactively please and thank you.

I hope all is well with y'all.

hi ecco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

mildly interesting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Ecco says she's here less but she's really always here, watching over us

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

My opinion is that you should probably strap up next time

something something bitchmade

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

snagging post 44444

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

I saw there were buzzfeeds someone sign me up for all of them retroactively please and thank you.

Things are OK.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

quote this post and I'll tell you which page of this thread you are

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Did Ecco die or something and I missed that?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Popcon has started. If you want to be in the obs doc let me know.

come on I need my fix man

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Little Mac posted:

Did Ecco die or something and I missed that?

Ecco has taken a sabbatical that may never end, who knows.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

she's studying for the bar.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would never let Ecco mix my drinks.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

EccoRaven posted:

Once there was an ecco who signed up to get a story written about them or get called a fascist. Ecco, however, is not a fascist so they got a story written for them. The story was as follows:

The world's most powerful wizard lives in a cave in Nebraska, away from all that we would call civilization, only a lovely gas station and a few farms within miles. He studies in secret, for he knows that if anyone were to find him, it would not end well. Throughout the years he has slowly mastered the forms, and can now raise or lower the temperature of water slightly, and if he concentrates really hard, move ball bearings around very slowly. The moral of the story is that not all things are worth the cost, even if they seem really cool.

The moral of the story is that if people like you they'll do things for you even if you're late.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Editor

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Professional punctuation remover?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

anybody here have experience with airbnb?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
yes

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hosting or staying?

In response, a little of both.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yes

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Yes, page me mmm

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Be careful, I went to rent an "apartment" in NYC for a week for job/school interviews and it ended up being a garage someone had put a floor rug in and a power strip attached to an extension cord coming from the ceiling. Airbnb gave me an amazing amount of poo poo when I tried to get a refund and report it. It took ~90 days for me to get my money back and they still tried to keep their fees/surcharges.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Azuth0667 posted:

Be careful, I went to rent an "apartment" in NYC for a week for job/school interviews and it ended up being a garage someone had put a floor rug in and a power strip attached to an extension cord coming from the ceiling. Airbnb gave me an amazing amount of poo poo when I tried to get a refund and report it. It took ~90 days for me to get my money back and they still tried to keep their fees/surcharges.

So you're the one who narced on me. Not cool man now I can't make money from my garage

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah so I booked a place in in NY for august back in, uh, february and they suddenly cancelled on me today. I guess I just have to get a new place now. I guess this isn't a question at all, but I wanted to complain about it

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah so I booked a place in in NY for august back in, uh, february and they suddenly cancelled on me today. I guess I just have to get a new place now. I guess this isn't a question at all, but I wanted to complain about it

What part of NY? You could stay with my grandma in LI, lol. She has a pool in her backyard. Watch out for my uncle George though, he means well.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Anyway, not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do now. The host said airbnb would relocate us, but all they seem to have done is provide me with a paltry $90 credit on booking an apartment in NYC

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Airbnb doesn't rebook you they usually only give you a credit.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The host I had in Brussels cancelled on me the day I was supposed to stay there so I had to scramble a bit to find a place. You've got some time and should be able to find a place. Hell you can find a place same day

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you still have plenty of time to find an airbnb. It sucks, but you won't be homeless when you're there.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Does anybody know what happened to Aaron Lazar, he was a hometown hero of sorts

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Never used Air BnB. We're both really bad millennials and slightly techno-phobic, and my partner is such a posh Parisian at heart that she just books good ole fashioned B&B's. We stayed in a couple in Ireland recently and it was great. Do we have any Irish players? I love that country. The day I get fed up with the French I'm going to go there it's just the best.

To contrast a friend of ours gave us his brother's room in what turned out to be a house shared with 3 other (male) students in the outskirts of Dublin. It was college all over again. They had 2 toilets. One was clearly just a urinal with pee everywhere, the other was clearly more important to them since it was fairly cleaner. Are guys always that messy? I was lucky with the one shared flat I had in UConn with 3 other guys in that we got it clean and had to just keep it that way (even though that took some needling on my part).

Anyway, yeah dunno Air BnB just wanted to talk about my vacation and be a part of the periphery of this community. Give me a few months I may come back for a game!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

BTW Hundo, I'll be in Paris in October.
And my grandfather was born in Ireland, so I also plan on going there at some point in my life.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh cool! I'd be happy to show some nice restaurants and join you for walking around the city. It's a great walking city. Ireland is fantastic. I love the countryside there it's just the best.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
who wants to visit me in lawernice i am so lonely

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
rock chalk

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lets go to 715 at 715

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i met up with 100yrs in paris just before i went to ireland. it's very pretty and green. apart from the apocalyptic moonscape they have

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh cool! I'd be happy to show some nice restaurants and join you for walking around the city. It's a great walking city. Ireland is fantastic. I love the countryside there it's just the best.

I'm there for 5 days before going down marseille way, Get in on a Sunday. One of the paris days we want to head to giverny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

BottleKnight posted:

mildly interesting

Lol I considered banning this account when I saw that post.