Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

good by johnny test standards (objectively it's okayish. It's not flash-style animation for one)

drrockso20 posted:

Writing wise it's only average(and fairly derivative), but it actually had pretty good animation

But did it still have the whip cracks though? This is a vitally important question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Loud House has been advertised really heavily, to the point where I've seen ads for it while watching Cartoon Network. I think they decided to not do to it what they did to Korra and Harvey Beaks.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Well, to play devil's advocate, from the one episode I watched it seemed to skew young enough to hit most children's advertising demographics, and was crude yet sensitive enough to attract most kid audiences. It's got the male character centered in the show doing boy things, which is an easy sell, as well as the variety of girls and their experiences represented (which I guess is the new thing for girl marketing, throw everything at the wall and hopefully something will stick to each of them). It's not a boy's show, nor a girl's. Whereas Korra and Avatar were blatant odd-ones-out on the network, and Harvey Beaks (despite being abnormally good) is so soft in it's content that older kids and some boys are probably turned off by it. So, if Loud House is doing well, it's probably hitting enough markets that Nick's gonna ride that gravy train straight on till morning.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Lady Legasus was sure something. Probably one of the early indicators I'd like the new direction.

In other news today I remembered that, in addition to the RoboCop, Mortal Kombat, UltraForce and WildC.A.T.S. cartoons, Savage Dragon was given the "poo poo That Probably Shouldn't Be Animated But What The gently caress It's Popular With The Kids" treatment.

I know they toned things way the gently caress down with SD, but I still enjoyed it. The second season did improve things quite a bit though. Way darker and serious.

At least that show actually had somewhat decent fight scenes, unlike Mortal Kombat: DOTR. The show could have been a lot more tolerable if it had better animation and fight choreography. The actual writing wasn't too bad. There was the episode where Shang Tsung was resurrected by Shao Khan from a literal hell and wasn't too happy about being put there.

"None can fathom the damnation I've been put through"

I remember being shocked as a kid with that line.

Waffleman_ posted:

This is gonna be good.

Wonder if there's going to be any awkwardness between Tara Strong and the chick who replaced her for Bubbles.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Y'know, Jimmy Neutron was REALLY weird in retrospect.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Two new Mickey Shorts (one was apparently from last week, but wasn't uploaded until now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i59ce67U9Gc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7O22GuSc58

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad they're still making those, I thought they were done doing them for some reason.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm glad they're still making those, I thought they were done doing them for some reason.

I've heard that they're almost done: no 4th season has been announced, current season's approaching the length of the first 2, heck now that I look the current season's around the same length as the previous two so these might be the last ones

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lego Dimensions is adding some CN cartoon shows including TTG and Adventure Time and the Jake from Adventure Time just looks completely weird because they went with a human body for him.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Making a new non-human model probably wouldn't have been worth the effort.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Mr Interweb posted:

Wonder if there's going to be any awkwardness between Tara Strong and the chick who replaced her for Bubbles.

Raven can mock Bubbles using the original Bubbles voice and then Buttercup's like "Wow! She does a better you than you!"

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Considering a 14 year old girl is voicing Bubbles now I hope they don't do any digs at her.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
french cartoon watchers, would you say this is an accurate description of miraculous ladybubs and cat nerd

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That is 100% accurate.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i am 100% in love with "the status quo-yo"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Last night's Clarence was phenomenal as always. Long live Chad.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

El Tortuga posted:

Considering a 14 year old girl is voicing Bubbles now I hope they don't do any digs at her.

She's 14? What happened to child labor laws?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Actually, you're allowed to be employed in the US at age 14. However, until you're 16, you can only work a limited set of hours.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

I think the number of hours are limited and school hours (plus homework?) are included in those.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mr Interweb posted:

Child labor laws allow children to be actors, otherwise it would be impossible to have child characters in movies and TV such. Nowadays, there are all kinds regulations involving work hours, schooling, and pay that protect child actors. In the past, most cartoons would just get adults to play child characters but in recent years it's becoming more common to get actual children to play child characters, for instance, the guy who plays Finn in Adventure Time was 13 when the show started, and the current actors who play Gumball and Darwin in The Amazing World of Gumball are 14 and 12.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I forget how old the kid who plays Jeff on Clarence was when he started, but he's the same kid who plays Adam on The Goldbergs and both shows started around the same time. Clarence and Sumo are voiced by adults, though (and Tom Kenny voices Sumo).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Clarence used to be voiced by show creator Spencer Rothbell, but things happened and now he's voiced by Skyler Page, who is de facto the head of the show now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

Clarence used to be voiced by show creator Spencer Rothbell, but things happened and now he's voiced by Skyler Page, who is de facto the head of the show now.
You have it backwards

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

poo poo, got my S names messed up.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

french cartoon watchers, would you say this is an accurate description of miraculous ladybubs and cat nerd

Wait, they wrote all 26 episodes in three months? Guess it explains the overabundance of 'Chloe gets someone akumatised by being terrible' episodes. And the occasional plot hole.
Makes me wonder when season 2 will premiere, seeing as they're still in the scriptwriting process now.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Acne Rain posted:

This is good and accurate.

Also, the show is a fun watch along with other French cartoon Sonic Boom.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

uncleKitchener posted:

This is good and accurate.

Also, the show is a fun watch along with other French cartoon Wakfu.

Fixed that for you.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Do they still make Wakfu or was the OVA the end of the series?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

uncleKitchener posted:

Do they still make Wakfu or was the OVA the end of the series?

Season 3 is being worked on right now and will be a Netflix exclusive.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
That's good because Franchanimes are good stuff.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Probably moot, but If you've not watched öban Star Racers, you should.

I heard about the creator of that series trying to get another show (something about an european historical figure, I believe?) off the ground a few months back, I don't know where it's at now.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I miss the days when Cartoon Network's commercials created a whole world where their various show characters (HB or their own creations) would interact in the CN offices or a city. Or ones like that where they just screw around. Hell I remember around 2000 where they got John Madden to commentate over Roar Runner cartoons on Super Bowl Weekend. Shame they don't really do things like that anymore outside of anniversary milestones. Would be nice to see another one of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYyb9h0KfOE

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

X_Toad posted:

Probably moot, but If you've not watched öban Star Racers, you should.

I heard about the creator of that series trying to get another show (something about an european historical figure, I believe?) off the ground a few months back, I don't know where it's at now.

I was under the impression that the makers of Oban went their separate ways. Thomas Romain in particular moved to Japan and has worked on Symphogear and Space Dandy.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Space Dandy was flawless so pretty good step up

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Anyone watch the new Voltron netflix show? So far I've only watched the first few episodes but it's funny, has good action and the voice actors are good.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Bout half way through it and it's nicely done, yeah.

The cameo by the Marcoss cast in episode 1 sort of has me wanting to see how the Avatar guys would do Macross Saga Robotech though.

Mihoshi Princess Arullra is the best, I hope we get to see her with her hair down in the later half of the season / season 2 :allears:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 14, 2016

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

ElCondemn posted:

Anyone watch the new Voltron netflix show? So far I've only watched the first few episodes but it's funny, has good action and the voice actors are good.

It started out a bit rough but got a lot better as it went along. Kind of the opposite of the new Thundercats, where the pilot wrote checks the rest of the series could never cash.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

kefkafloyd posted:

It started out a bit rough but got a lot better as it went along. Kind of the opposite of the new Thundercats, where the pilot wrote checks the rest of the series could never cash.

The episode about the flower people, begs to differ.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

jscolon2.0 posted:

The episode about the flower people, begs to differ.

I'll admit that episode made my eyes water a fair amount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit that episode made my eyes water a fair amount

I feel you, pollen allergies are nasty.