Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

New York looking to room folks: Look outside of Manhattan and you'll do a looooot better. (Brooklyn or Queens a few stops away from Manhattan via subway should be doable.) If you're willing to set foot in Jersey, Jersey City is pretty accessible via PATH train and the rates will be a lot cheaper, and you can get a legitimate hotel/motel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm there for 5 days before going down marseille way, Get in on a Sunday. One of the paris days we want to head to giverny.

I wish I knew Marseille better. I was there super briefly and it seems like my sort of town. Coastal.

Giverny's nice. I don't if you're renting a car or not, I know there're are plenty of excursion groups. I also recommend Vaux le Vicomte or something like that. It's like a mini-Versailles. It was designed by the same guy (in fact Louis XIV just stole the manor from his Finance minister (? iirc) before deciding to build one that was bigger), and a whole lot less tourists so it's a more pleasant experience overall. And if anyone asks you if you saw Versailles just lie about it, not like they'll ever know.

Don't you do a lot of hiking? Go to the Calanques in Marseille they're super cool.

busb posted:

apart from the apocalyptic moonscape they have

That's the sort of thing I love. Desolate empty wastelands. I cannot wait to visit Scotland. I just love feeling like an absolute nothing.

CCKeane posted:

If you're willing to set foot in Jersey, Jersey City is pretty accessible via PATH train and the rates will be a lot cheaper, and you can get a legitimate hotel/motel.

I mean I know everyone in the tri-state area and really the country as a whole shits on Jersey constantly but this is a seriously good option and not one to turn away because of whatever clichés we bring up about that garbage state.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Jersey is pretty okay. The reason it gets poo poo on so much is that it doesn't have much of a strong independent cultural identity, and is continually overshadowed by NYC or Philly. Also people from Jersey get legitimately mad if you insult Wawa's, a convenience store, and that's really funny.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'll see what I can do to add them in. Was thinking of training it out for a day trip near Tours somewhere as well.
And yes, hiking is a thing I do quite a lot.
As for car hire, thinking of having one in Marseille and driving to Monaco. Then get one in Geneva and drive to Vienna.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

It's summer!! :sun: No more teaching for me for a few months~

....except for graduation tomorrow but I just show up and wave my arms so that's easy

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

dongsbot 9000 posted:

lets go to 715 at 715

where were u capps

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Quidnose posted:

....except for graduation tomorrow but I just show up and wave my arms so that's easy

it's winter quidblose.

and its bad

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Winter is bad

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bad rear end

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Winter is cool and good IMO.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Extremely good stuff! Any summer plans?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I, too, am out for the summer.

And yet it's obvious that winter is the best season.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Little Mac posted:

I, too, am out for the summer.

And yet it's obvious that winter is the best season.

Winter, where I live, is definitely the best season.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Quote this and ill do the thing

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

stay safe drunk ghost

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Popcon3?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Mmm you guys can poss stay with me. How long will you be here?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I don't want to do that, I'd lose at not getting last place.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Mmm you guys can poss stay with me. How long will you be here?

Uh, like a week, we're probably just going to book another place though. It's just irritating because the other place was really cheap and in morningside heights

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fly kites

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

stay safe drunk ghost

I am not a gho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I plan to do a forums wide version in GBS after popcon2 with some rules changes if it gets mod approval

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I plan to do a forums wide version in GBS after popcon2 with some rules changes if it gets mod approval

:froggonk:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:getin:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

dongsbot 9000 posted:

where were u capps

were u really there if so i am sorry if this is a joke wow

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kashuno posted:

GOD loving drat IT

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

GOD loving drat IT

PBS if you wanna in I think of you can

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

PBS if you wanna in I think of you can

uhhhhh what's happening here

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

uhhhhh what's happening here

kash drunk

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
kash ruining mafia

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

kash ruining mafia

Implying I ever did anything sifferent

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

PBS Newshour posted:

were u really there if so i am sorry if this is a joke wow

frolfing 10am sat at centennial park next to the merc c u then

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

booked a new airbnb, this one is cheaper though time hasn't been kind to the canadian dollar

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

booked a new airbnb, this one is cheaper though time hasn't been kind to the canadian dollar

Like, since you booked the last one?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

dongsbot 9000 posted:

frolfing 10am sat at centennial park next to the merc c u then

what

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Like, since you booked the last one?

tbh I just kind of said that without checking, it may have gone up actually.

It was in free fall for months before that though

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh Kashuno, you fell into the age old trap of being the guy who manages to get himself in trouble drunk on the internet. My advice is to play video games if you're feeling, uhh..like that next time ='P

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

I'll see what I can do to add them in. Was thinking of training it out for a day trip near Tours somewhere as well.
And yes, hiking is a thing I do quite a lot.
As for car hire, thinking of having one in Marseille and driving to Monaco. Then get one in Geneva and drive to Vienna.

The car idea sounds reasonable. Though Geneva Vienna seems far to me, but maybe it's not. Tours is alright. If you're in that area I'd recommend just hitting up the Vallée de la Loire and seeing the chateaux lining the region over tours. Do it by bike if you've the time and the ability, I hear that's pleasant. We just drove around. There're some fascinating structures around there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Geneva to vienna with about 3 hours of driving per day. I think it'd be about a week at the pace i set.