Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

anime was right posted:

can we talk about kof or something

Athena is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

No, but we can talk about Azrael.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0QPU9gEtxk

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
vice is my favorite. she is really cool.

its also really cool how raven from rev has her stretchy arm poo poo and has a power eruption thing when he slams them down, like her.

i think he is a fan of vice also, god bless.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNSCVwFOA8

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

it still looks like poo poo, will have terrible netcode and there won't be a NA scene in three months

I could never get into KOF tbf but I hope the diehards enjoy the game and that the online isn't too garbage (I still think "good" is expecting too much). Oh, and that it sells well enough that SNK doesn't close down again.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

they said the recent special edition releases were to see which version of DMC people liked more, classic or lovely ninja theory.

then they made the good one digital only while releasing the lovely one physical and digital. i'm hoping for a miracle here but idk DmC2 incoming

PAL sales posted:

06 (NE) PS4 DMC: DEFINITIVE EDITION (CAPCOM) < 4,498
18(NE) XBO DMC: DEFINITIVE EDITION (CAPCOM) < 3,534

edit:

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 9, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bad metaphors posted:

Well, there are degrees of fronting. It's easy to point out "thuggery" but you also have the sort of people who complain about top tier to their clique and wear nerf buff patch shirts in public, or the person who bitches about how normie scrubs don't have the drive to get good and also he's a member of a thriving offline scene and the friend of multiple top players, or the player who mocks a sol for using grand viper but can't 6P riot stomp to save his life. It's these little things and attitudes adding up that I find more annoying imo. Not to say you're wrong tho

I have to drive two and a half hours both ways to get to an offline scene and I will sure as gently caress mock a Sol for using grand viper and 6P his riot stomp while I'm at it

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

anime was right posted:

i worked at a mexican restaurant for a while. it was really bad i never got any weekends off but at least you get free food

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
KoF14 is PS4 exclusive at the moment, right?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

I hope the FGC remains the third tier of eSports because I hate the weird corporate culture of the high tier competitive video games

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

inthesto posted:

KoF14 is PS4 exclusive at the moment, right?

yes, it will probably get a steam release one day

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Haven't they stated that the PC releases have been pretty good to them lately?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

A.o.D. posted:

Yes, they made a lot of the funding for KOF14 off of 13, 98 and 02 steam sales

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Has anyone itt played an early build of 14? I'm wondering which of the past games it feels most similar to.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Booyah- posted:

Has anyone itt played an early build of 14? I'm wondering which of the past games it feels most similar to.

Laban and Desmond_kof say it plays like a simplified 02

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Booyah- posted:

It's pretty good. It's a bit slower than the other games, but it seems to have a solid base. The new characters are good. From my twenty minutes with it, it didn't seem too similar to any of the previous games.

Smoking Crow posted:

Laban and Desmond_kof say it plays like a simplified 02

Didn't feel much like 2002 at all to me. Then again, I only spent twenty minutes or so with it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

A.o.D. posted:

Yes and they're owned by a Chinese company so there's no way in hell it won't get a PC port.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Any opinions on what fighting are more accommodating for a) people new to fighting games and b)40 year old reflexes?

Also I just bought Injustice Ultimate for PS4 which is what made me ask the above question but after there any good site for guides on that game, old as it is?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Reflexes aren't super important for fighting games, especially not at the beginner level. Get Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

vulturesrow posted:

Any opinions on what fighting are more accommodating for a) people new to fighting games and b)40 year old reflexes?

Also I just bought Injustice Ultimate for PS4 which is what made me ask the above question but after there any good site for guides on that game, old as it is?

A 40 year old guy with experience is going to beat the newbie with super fast reflexes 95% of the time. Youth and exuberance are no match for old age and treachery.

Well, unless you're Sonicfox.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Gammatron 64 posted:

A 40 year old guy with experience is going to beat the newbie with super fast reflexes 95% of the time. Youth and exuberance are no match for old age and treachery.

Well, unless you're Sonicfox.

or Nuckledu or Smug

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I once had a sub 150ms reaction time, now it takes me three hits (with leo, in guilty gear) to hit confirm.

It makes a difference, but at the same time, you really shouldn't give a poo poo.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

AnonSpore posted:

I have to drive two and a half hours both ways to get to an offline scene and I will sure as gently caress mock a Sol for using grand viper and 6P his riot stomp while I'm at it

don't live in the poo poo part of norcal maybe

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

interrodactyl posted:

don't live in the poo poo part of norcal maybe

Get me a job in the bay area and I'll think about it

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

NecroMonster posted:

I once had a sub 150ms reaction time, now it takes me three hits (with leo, in guilty gear) to hit confirm.

It makes a difference, but at the same time, you really shouldn't give a poo poo.

drat. And here I was thinking I was doing good at 229ms.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Reflexes aren't important if you have mastered Yomi, the Japanese art of reading my book. Get it on Kindle and I'll send you a well done steak, free of charge.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I just bought Revelator and so far I'm finding it awesome as hell. Last game in the series I played was #Reload at an extremely casual level, back when I was first learning FGs. Tutorial is real good too, kinda reminds me of Tekken Tag 2.

Though I definitely still need time to adjust to the game. Learning to adjust to the much more fluid movement is hard coming from mostly Street Fighter, at least for me. :(

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
All of Revelators tutorial stuff is the best in fighting games right now. There is a ton of stuff there for beginners all the way to more advance things and matchup specifics. Also the additions like the new input overlay is nice too because it is a really good way of showing how you might be messing up on inputs and also serves as a good way to demonstrate the execution at work for the combos in mission mode. Basically ASW realized that the more complex the game is the more resources need to be built into the game to help players learn it.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Black Mage Knight posted:

All of Revelators tutorial stuff is the best in fighting games right now. There is a ton of stuff there for beginners all the way to more advance things and matchup specifics. Also the additions like the new input overlay is nice too because it is a really good way of showing how you might be messing up on inputs and also serves as a good way to demonstrate the execution at work for the combos in mission mode. Basically ASW realized that the more complex the game is the more resources need to be built into the game to help players learn it.

I wept when I tried to play UNIEL out of the box. They don't hold your hand for ANYTHING.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

In Training posted:

Who is everyone liking in Revelator? It feels like everybody I've seen is all about Raven

All the new characters are dope and I'm having character paralysis.

Johnny is flash as hell and hits like a truck

JackO is one of the most unique characters in any fighting game, and for once relatively low execution

Kum is what happens when you give slayer a fireball

Raven is weird and awesome and has fantastic animations

Jam is...a bit poo poo

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Venom looks like the coolest character in Rev, just like he's the coolest character in every other version

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

Yes, they made a lot of the funding for KOF14 off of 13, 98 and 02 steam sales

Hell I bought all of those. You're welcome SNK

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

brian posted:

Venom looks like the coolest character in Rev, just like he's the coolest character in every other version
:yeah:

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I want to get Rev when it drops down in price but only have a PS3. How's the PS3 version compare to the one on the PS4? I don't care about visuals as long as it runs well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ChazTurbo posted:

I want to get Rev when it drops down in price but only have a PS3. How's the PS3 version compare to the one on the PS4? I don't care about visuals as long as it runs well.

Its the same but lower res. Nobody has complained

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
do you have to pay for online on ps3

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Thanks for the suggestions. Can anyone suggest since good resources for Injustice since that is the fighting game I have right now?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

do you have to pay for online on ps3

I assume not

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I have heard the ps3 version has a lot of slowdown compared to the ps4 version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Spuckuk posted:

Jam is...a bit poo poo

i think she's a lot of fun but i have horrible choice in characters