Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

you forgot the most important mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

People who put their tp that direction clearly don't own cats

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

The Iron Rose posted:

It does - that's how all compatibility patches are made. I mean you probably aren't using the "merge plugin" feature for just two or three compatible mods, but all a merged patch does is manage record conflicts automatically.

Record conflicts yeah, but the actual reference number for any piece of equipment or anything is going to be different for everyone depending on where it is in your load order, isn't it? That's why you need to use the "help" command in the console to get the ref ID for any item you want to give yourself from a mod, the mod maker could just tell you a number to use but that likely won't be the same for your own game

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
THE BIG LIST OF GOOD FALLOUT 4 MODS ON NEXUS, CHECK HERE TO GET STRAIGHT TO THE MODS AND AVOID :nexus:

Alright people, basically I just finished editing the poo poo out of the list which originally was going to be my op. If the text is red, Nexus mod drama has caused the mod to be taken down. I won't be adding new stuff to this list, consider it a sort of catching up thing for between threads for new goons and goons who took a break from the game until the GECK hit.

Every mod Sintax puts up on the OP I'll take that mod from the list.

Hit me up in thread if any mod is currently unavaliable. Experiment, enjoy and post about what you like in the thread for other people to see.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 9, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Saint Sputnik posted:

Record conflicts yeah, but the actual reference number for any piece of equipment or anything is going to be different for everyone depending on where it is in your load order, isn't it? That's why you need to use the "help" command in the console to get the ref ID for any item you want to give yourself from a mod, the mod maker could just tell you a number to use but that likely won't be the same for your own game

It'll be different sure, but it's not something you need to worry about, otherwise compatibility patches would be impossible. The plugin reference in the formID won't be the same, but it's automatically calculated based on load order so even when making compatibility patches you don't need to worry about it. Fallout handles it just fine, as does FO4Edit.

To test it for yourself, rearrange your load order slightly and then load up the lot in FO4Edit. You'll note that the loadorder prefix of the formID will have changed, and it's no different for anyone else. Just make sure that your patch has its masters set up properly.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm happy to report Commonwealth Crossbows has returned to the Nexus, but the Fallout Tactics BOS power armor has just vanished.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

SeanBeansShako posted:

THE BIG LIST OF GOOD FALLOUT 4 MODS ON NEXUS, CHECK HERE TO GET STRAIGHT TO THE MODS AND AVOID :nexus:

Alright people, basically I just finished editing the poo poo out of the list which originally was going to be my op. If the text is red, Nexus mod drama has caused the mod to be taken down. I won't be adding new stuff to this list, consider it a sort of catching up thing for between threads for new goons and goons who took a break from the game until the GECK hit.

Every mod Sintax puts up on the OP I'll take that mod from the list.

Hit me up in thread if any mod is currently unavaliable. Experiment, enjoy and post about what you like in the thread for other people to see.

Awesome, thanks for this. I haven't played since about a month after the game came out, but wanted to dust it off. Between this and OP, I'm set.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

I've been trying this mod called "We Are The Minutemen", which does a few things to the Minutemen faction:

1) Adds some more templates to the minutemen that you find in random encounters. Some will have heavier armor/better weapons. It seems tied to the number/size of your settlements too.

2) Lets you "Craft" minutemen at the citadel so you can deploy them at settlements as guards.

3) Gives them uniforms, instead of the dirty patchy outfit they have nice blue military style (civil war, I think?) uniforms.

4) Implements a cooldown timer on minutemen quests. You can only do 1 at a time, and the game won't immediately assign you another one as you turn them in.

I'm pretty satisfied with it so far. It toned things down so it's not so crazy, without completely disabling it like many of the other mods do.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6443/

And there's a lite version if you don't want all of the stuff!

I made a replacer for the WATM Minutemen bandana too to match with HD Bandanas. (along with some missing from the original mod and an Old World flag variant.) I quite like that mod for bandanas.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

It'll be different sure, but it's not something you need to worry about, otherwise compatibility patches would be impossible. The plugin reference in the formID won't be the same, but it's automatically calculated based on load order so even when making compatibility patches you don't need to worry about it. Fallout handles it just fine, as does FO4Edit.

To test it for yourself, rearrange your load order slightly and then load up the lot in FO4Edit. You'll note that the loadorder prefix of the formID will have changed, and it's no different for anyone else. Just make sure that your patch has its masters set up properly.

OK, cool. Without looking, I assumed a lot of patches went the long and hard way, of adding the item IDs themselves or something all to the same file. I was dreading that.

The issue I'm having now in my testing is Gunners and raiders spawning in just underwear and over-armor, with the new outfits in their inventory but not equipped. I changed the body part flags so the outfits should function as underarmor but it's still not happening.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Saint Sputnik posted:

OK, cool. Without looking, I assumed a lot of patches went the long and hard way, of adding the item IDs themselves or something all to the same file. I was dreading that.

The issue I'm having now in my testing is Gunners and raiders spawning in just underwear and over-armor, with the new outfits in their inventory but not equipped. I changed the body part flags so the outfits should function as underarmor but it's still not happening.

Before doing something heavy like that, I read you're supposed to put yourself in an NPC-less cell (like the bomb shelter in Sanctuary) and then load your mod, followed by sleeping for a few days (5 days? 7 days? I'm not entirely sure) before mods like that can kick in with NPC armor.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Azhais posted:

so you know you can trust their judgement, then

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
No killable children for beth.net mods ("Do not upload mods featuring violent acts towards children."), among other guidelines.

https://bethesda.net/#en/devnotes/guidelines-for-uploading-mods

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't see how allowing it is featuring

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Azhais posted:

I don't see how allowing it is featuring

Mayhap.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Azhais posted:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Everything after "gently caress" is extraneous.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Did anyone figure out a way to port New Vegas items to Fallout 4? I miss my spiffy hat and sunglasses :(

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

Did anyone figure out a way to port New Vegas items to Fallout 4? I miss my spiffy hat and sunglasses :(

Aparrently its a pain in the arse, but importing a hat and shades into F4 should be possible, using bodyslide. however, I have no idea what to do about different shaped heads, hairs & faces,

On a seperate note, Modern Firearms was hidden, so for goonkind, I am putting 2.03 up on my dropbox,
From now on, if anything gets vanished, and we have a recent version, please use the Fallout folder here
(please give it some time to upload, and please advise if you want to upload something bigger than a couple of hundred meg.)

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 10, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

staberind posted:

Aparrently its a pain in the arse, but importing a hat and shades into F4 should be possible, using bodyslide. however, I have no idea what to do about different shaped heads, hairs & faces,

Dang :( What about porting Skyrim stuff? Any easier?

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

staberind posted:

On a seperate note, Modern Firearms was hidden, so for goonkind, I am putting 2.03 up on my dropbox,
From now on, if anything gets vanished, and we have a recent version, please use the Fallout folder here
(please give it some time to upload, and please advise if you want to upload something bigger than a couple of hundred meg.)

I have version 2.11 still if you would like me to throw it in there.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

but what if the nexus finds out? Then they'll double hide their mods! :derp:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Capn Beeb posted:

Getting any models into Fallout 4 seems like a giant pain in the rear end.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

FlyinPingu posted:

but what if the nexus finds out? Then they'll double hide their mods! :derp:

Your right. We need to add donate buttons to steal their monies.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

I set that outfit thing aside for now because I finally figured out how I want to overhaul the skill system: Perk Paths.

All the perks will fall under certain playstyle templates, like "Sniper," "Spook," "Duelist," "Extrovert" or "Survivor." Some paths or perks will be mutually exclusive (e.g. Night Person vs. Day Person) while a few perks will be attainable through different paths. For example, Locksmith will be attainable if you're on either the Spook (sneak-based) or Tinkerer (scrapping and crafting based) path, on account of your nimble fingers, but Pickpocket is strictly a Spook path perk.

The first draft might be a little confusing unless it's actually possible to rearrange the stupid animated icons on the poster.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

Actually, its easier, as there is a skyrim tpose floating around, so, you load that up as the base, pop whatever clothing/armor you want onto it, adjust so its at the right height, then change the pose to fallout 4, save, then open it again with the regular cbbe or whatever body and sliders you like, finally adjusting it so its just right, and save it.

Kizurue posted:

I have version 2.11 still if you would like me to throw it in there.

Go for it, I am not sure what it has changed, but better to have both. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/42lq66rskgmn9k5/AACCUAlO_7po5C5FdEVckxP8a?dl=0
I hope you can just drop stuff in there with that link, if not, pm me an email addy

Saint Sputnik posted:

The first draft might be a little confusing unless it's actually possible to rearrange the stupid animated icons on the poster.

I expect that poster can be altered, as there is a "vault meat" version of it already.

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 11, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Saint Sputnik posted:

I set that outfit thing aside for now because I finally figured out how I want to overhaul the skill system: Perk Paths.

All the perks will fall under certain playstyle templates, like "Sniper," "Spook," "Duelist," "Extrovert" or "Survivor." Some paths or perks will be mutually exclusive (e.g. Night Person vs. Day Person) while a few perks will be attainable through different paths. For example, Locksmith will be attainable if you're on either the Spook (sneak-based) or Tinkerer (scrapping and crafting based) path, on account of your nimble fingers, but Pickpocket is strictly a Spook path perk.

I'm down for this, some of the perks just seem so pointless or pointless to invest in.

Also, when you return to the outfit idea I do hope you discover a way simply to distribute all mod and clothing to NPC's with a simple mod. I like the idea of that.

So has any goon tried the alternate start mod yet? I do want some feedback about it.

Also, hate it when a legendary enemy mutates and you are not sure what weapon to use to kill it faster? check out this useful interface mod where it actually tells you what attitrubutes improve annoyingly when it Mutates.

Also GUN NUTZ have a Japanese Nambu Type 14.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Everyone should try the latest ENB, the Ambient Occlusion looks better than the game's version in most cases, and is a lot cheaper to proccess. Turn AO off in your FO4 launcher then update ENB and shift+tab and turn on SSAO under "Effect"

http://enbdev.com/mod_fallout4_v0307.htm

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 10, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

OP suggestion, we might as well include the links to both Fallout 4 threads as well as the New Vegas/New Vegas modding threads.

I also cannot understate how awesome the CROSS Jetpack is. This rarely not creepy/annoying Fallout 4 mod demo video shows it off back it was just in beta.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I think Armorsmith Extended also has a jetpack, because I've been using it and breaking my legs every 20 minutes for the past week or two. Love it

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Sintax posted:

Everyone should try the latest ENB, the Ambient Occlusion looks better than the game's version in most cases, and is a lot cheaper to proccess. Turn AO off in your FO4 launcher then update ENB and shift+tab and turn on SSAO under "Effect"

http://enbdev.com/enbseries_fallout4_v0307.zip

FYI, Boris does not allow direct links to files on his site so this link leads to nothing but his trap page. ;)

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
So I know Mo Betta Scrap is in the OP, but I've also found Immersive Scrapping which boasts "And yes, this mod is in parts similar to Citre's mod "Mo Betta Scrap", but this mod has about four times as much changes.." I'm wondering which one is better

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Another new gun, the 1941 Johnson LMG.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao at 55,000 tris

these people surely must know the point is to get the tri count as low as possible, without sacrificing major detail, right

55k is what I would use to bake the normal maps, jesus

e: it's 140 loving mb lmao

for reference the ENTIRE SUIT of power armor I'm making is 11k

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Seriously missing the older Skyrim/FNV era modders sometimes when it comes to quality control :smith:.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Seriously missing the older Skyrim/FNV era modders sometimes when it comes to quality control :smith:.

Is it really worse or is it just early days? I wasn't there during the nascent stages of Skyrim/NV modding.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Looking at the mod, the barrel sheath/heat guard itself is 22k, almost half the entire gun's budget, because each one of those vents is a double-beveled, 16-sided hole lmao. This is straight-up a high-poly model used for baking.

The most complex vanilla gun I can think of (gauss rifle with extra large mag, recoil stock, reflex sight, silencer, and barrel casing) clocks in at 11k. the super high poly load screen version of the gauss rifle is 24k.

In short don't download this mod if you don't have a powerful PC.

Rinkles posted:

Is it really worse or is it just early days? I wasn't there during the nascent stages of Skyrim/NV modding.

In this particular instance there's no excuse, really, except arrogance.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 10, 2016

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Mapped out my Perk Paths, here's the first draft. Paths which are fully or partially mutually exclusive are noted, and progression in each path isn't necessarily linear as shown. Tell me if it makes sense and if things are a good thematic/gameplay fit.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Saint Sputnik posted:

Mapped out my Perk Paths, here's the first draft. Paths which are fully or partially mutually exclusive are noted, and progression in each path isn't necessarily linear as shown. Tell me if it makes sense and if things are a good thematic/gameplay fit.

thematically it works fine. However, just as a general principle - I would expand perks or create new perks before I started restricting the old ones.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Console people commenting on Fallout 4 PC mods have gotten so loving annoying that Skibadaa has put a gigantic notice in huge font on the top of all his mods.

quote:

CONCERNING CONSOLES:

There are certain technical challenges that would need to be addressed for my guns to work on consoles. As stated in the description: my nif's are sloppy, about 10-15% of PC users encounter random ctd's when the game tries to load my weapons, regardless of how powerful their rig is. This on its own doesn't bode well for console hardware. Also, due to the nature of installing mods on consoles it is impossible for console users to create merged patches for levelled lists. This means that my files as is would not work alongside any other weapon mod on console that also has levelled integration (and tbh any mod worth its salt should have LL integration). This is fixble, but only via the use of a quest script to add the weapons to the levelled lists automatically. Currently I dont know how to do jack s*** in papyrus, and until I do I cant write such a script, and until I can write that script I wont be porting my guns to consoles. If you are an enterprising papyrus scripter who wants to throw me a bone with regards to this issue then drop me a line, my inbox is open.

I feel sorry for this poor bastard. Though if anyone knows scripting and wants to help the guy out, here's the call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

OP suggestion, we might as well include the links to both Fallout 4 threads as well as the New Vegas/New Vegas modding threads.

I also cannot understate how awesome the CROSS Jetpack is. This rarely not creepy/annoying Fallout 4 mod demo video shows it off back it was just in beta.

The jetpack owns. I got bored of power armor fairly early on, but still being able to jet pack up onto building roofs and stuff is great. Now if only VATS worked mid-air :v: